Chapter 1 - Burned

Now You're Gone

   It was about 6:30 am, and the faint morning sunlight was just starting to fall through her window. She rolled over in bed a few times, knowing that there's only one person in this house who is up this early. Hana groaned at the thought of even being near that same person. If there was one thing that she could change about her life, it would be him. Everything was always a competition. A battle that she found hard to endure every day. But what could she do? He let her stay with them, he was the leader anyways. Her staying with them was only a request from her brother, witch he agreed to. Still, she had no idea why it has always been that way. And for some strange reason, she didn't really want to find out. 

     Eventually, she found the strength to get out of bed. By this time, it was already 6:45, and she figured that she should help prepare breakfeast. She stepped into the kitchen with her hair tied in a messy bun on the top of her head. Her sweater was hanging loosley on her shoulders, and she still had sleep written all over her face. Eunkwang looked up, but only for a moment before resuming to spread butter on two pieces of toast. This was her que. She walked over to the fridge, and got out a few eggs, and some peppers. She was about to get out a cutting board, but before she could get to the cabinet, Eunkwang spoke up.

"Hana-yah"

"Hmm?"

     After that, he didn't answer. He just huffed, and bit a big chunk from his piece of toast. After that, he went to a bedroom that happened to hold the rest of the members. Now, she got the cutting board and begant to cut the peppers tha she still needed to wash. Only about 10 minutes have passed, and by now, she had the eggs and the vegetables on a frying pan. Eunkwang came out of the room first. He had ruffeld hair, and was holding a spot on his arm. An angry looking Changsub followed him, then she remembered how much that boy likes to sleep. Five more sleepy looking boys filed out of the room, either plopping themselves onto the floor in the living room, or lining up at the sink to splash their faces with water. 

     She threw the eggs onto a platter, and set it down on the table where Changsub was now waiting. She felt her brother brush past her, and like always, she felt a sharp tug at her heart. It's been getting worse by the day, even coming to the point where she felt like she wanted to cry right then and there. It's not like he treats her badly, he doesn't ignore her either. What really upsets her is that he just flat out, doesn't seem to care. No matter what she does, unless it's serious, he won't stay by her side, and he won't help her. She shaked her head. Infact, so violently, that her hair becomes undone. Changsub notices, and picks up her hair band from the floor, which she accepts, then walks to the sink to wash the dishes that Eunkwang left while making his breakfeast. 

     The job was close to being done, but Hana quickly realized that she forgot to wash the pan she used to make the eggs. Her mind was clouded, and without thinking, she grabbed the metal disk, which aparently was still very hot. 

"Ah!" Her scream echoed throughout the dorm. 

     At this, Sungjae rushed into the kitchen. She could feel the burn in her hand, an soon enough, it was chaos. The boys were yelling about anything and everything, while tears began to fall from her eyes. No, surprisingly, it wasn't from the pain in her hand. Her heart continuously clenched and pulled. She couldn't take it. She sunk to the floor, and Sungjae held her, trying to get her standing again. Everyone in the dorm knew that her pain tolerance was exceptionally high, os none of them knew why she was crying so hard. As childish as it sounded, she wanted her brother. Just as that thought hit her head, none other than Donggeun emerged from the bathroom. 

     He stared blankly at the scene in front of him.

"What happened?" He asked. That's it. 

     Her tears flowed harder, and she shakily stood up with Sungjae still at her side. Hana never broke eye contact with her brother. 

"Do you not care about anything that happens?" Throughout the sentence, her voice slowly rose. 

"Don't you even care about me at all? Like before?" 

     He never answered her. 

"What happened to her pain tolerance?" Someone sneered.

     She looked back, and it was (of course) Eunkwang. Peniel looked at him too, but didn't say anything. 

"This is exactly what I mean! "She went on. "You won't even defend me anymore?" 

     Again, he didn't say anything. By now, Hana's tears have finally stopped, and it's simply a tense moment in the kitchen until Btob's manager comes through the door, telling them to get ready for the photoshoot that they have to go to later. After that, Peniel walks back into their room, followed by the others until it's just Hana and Sungjae.

"I'm sure he still loves you.. He's your brother, after all." Sungjae tells her quietly.

     She smiles at him, and nods. "Thanks, by the way."

He smiles back. "I should go get ready, I'll see you before we leave though." 

"Okay." 

     Once he's gone, she headed back to her room in search of some source of peace.


First chapter, guys! Please tell me what you think in the comments, and don't forget to subscribe to the story! <3 Remember, you guys are my inspiration here, so I really hope that you all continue to read, and support me. Thanks so much! Enjoy~