three: reality

Stay With Us

“Hey (Y/N)”.

...

“Hello??”

......

“YAH!” Sohee flicked your forehead.

You blinked a couple times at Sohee and looked back at your history textbook, scanning the words.

“Sorry.. um.. what? I'm a bit busy reading...” She closed your book abruptly and took it away from you. "Yah..I waaas.." you whined.

She sighed, trying to look into your eyes. Actually you've just been a bit traumatized by that nightmare you had last night...

You couldn't believe you slept for over 12 hours. It felt so realistic to you that you were actually really confused and woke up sweating. Your crush, Jeon Jungkook, a golden star, a perfect, gorgeous, talented-- Anyway, it felt so real you started to believe it actually happened... It was changing your feelings. What was the meaning of it? You have always been intimidated by him, his smirks, his sweet talks, his bad boy vibe, knowing he ditches class sometimes, but you know, or you thought you knew he had a good heart. Maybe he does and dreams are random and insignificant. You can't just give up on him because of this. Still, you were unsure. You didn't want to think about him anymore. Also, you were still upset about being lonely on Valentine's. You wondered if he even read the letter you gave him. Jealous of whoever got to be with him yesterday... You were giving yourself a reason to be mad and avoid him, since you were embarrassed that you confessed to him already. 

You shook the thought out of your head and gave Sohee a smile.

“Ugh are you still hung up over yesterday? Valentine's is stupid anyway.” She put her hands on your shoulder. "Cheer up. We should chill and watch Descendants of the Sun or something, yeah?"

Your eyes lit up remembering how cute Song Joong Ki is in that drama. You quickly nodded, about to reply but someone said with an excited voice: 

"Oh! I heard that one's good can I join?"

Who....

You and Sohee turned your heads towards the direction of the deep voice, surprised. A boy with dark brown hair parted just enough to see a bit of forehead, whom you know of by the name of Taehyung, was apparently close enough to listen to your conversation. Yeah, you know Taehyung, the guy that all the girls always call 'cute'. Pretty popular. He was on the skinny side but his school uniform looked so good on him. His skin was flawless. He always had a glimmer in his eyes. He chuckled and put his hands up. 

"Oops, sorry for butting in." He gave a cheesy smile. He wasn't just cute on the outside, but also on the inside. He had this aura that makes all the girls around him feel like sunshine, rainbows, and flowers. Guys loved him too since he's a fun sport, though he can be weird at times.

Wow, this guy watches k-dramas. Ugh how adorable. And his smile is shaped like a rectangle I'm dying??

You never really paid any attention to how cute Taehyung was, but now you know.  His nose was so perfect, you couldn't believe it was natural... You looked back at Sohee, wondering what she was thinking about this. Also you were trying not to stare at him too long.

"Well it was supposed to be a girls night but sure, it's no problem right, (Y/N)?" She gave you a look like 'dude this is going to be so fun'.

Wow of course... She's so chill about hanging with guys... Cute guys make me so shy.

You realized that you never hang around guys and that's why this made you a tad bit nervous.

You squinted at her but cleared your throat and smiled at Taehyung. "Oh yeah! Of course. Where shall we have this kdrama marathon?" 

"Is my place okay?" Taehyung quickly asked. The teacher walked in at that moment so we just nodded at him and we all turned our attention to the teacher.

Fiddling with your pen, you drowned in your thoughts again. You were so spaced out today because of your nightmare. But now you have another thing to think about. Going to a boy's house. A cute boy. Kim Taehyung. The nightmare slowly faded from your thoughts.

You wondered if you were actually starting to crush on Taehyung already... or if you were just using him as a distraction from Jungkook, even though Taehyung was the one who butted into your conversation. Your eyes widened thinking about it.

Could Taehyung be interested in one of us? Is he just that friendly? Maybe he really likes kdramas? This is seriously out of nowhere.

You looked at him for a moment and a smile slowly started to form. He was a pretty bright student and asked a lot of questions. If it was anyone else, everyone in the class would be annoyed. But it was Taehyung and people liked when he talked. He talks so cutely sometimes, and other times he has a really deep voice. You noticed that he furrowed his eyebrows and nodded while taking notes and it was the cutest thing ever to you. You shook your head, fed up with your own feelings. You didn't even pay any attention to him before.

You wondered what it was like to be in a class with Jungkook. How easy it would be to communicate with him, like you (kind of) did with Taehyung. No matter what, Jungkook always found his way back into your thoughts, even while looking at someone else.

 

---

[authors note] laughs nervously i'm alive... it's alive.... how have yall been..