Chapter 6

As Long As You Love Me [Editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 Thanks for being patience! I would like to say that I did well in my exam! And that's all thanks for your supporting comments! I love you guys

 

Soonyoung’s POV

 

 

After receiving a message from Chan, I excused myself by telling Eun Seo that I had to go somewhere. After that, I walked out of the library and headed toward the rooftop where Chan was waiting for me. Once I got there, I saw him standing in the edge of the rooftop, looking nervously on the ground while biting the nail of his thumb. I sighed and made my way toward him. Chan looked up and his eyes widened when he saw me.

 

-       “ Hyung! “. He ran toward me with worried eyes. “ Hey! What happened early? Is that true? You tried to save that girl from SR14B? “. He asked.

 

I wanted to lie but that won’t be useful since if Chan knows, then everyone knows about what happened.

 

-       “ …yeah “. I heard Chan sighing.

-       “ Seungcheol hyung is really pissed off. He started to curse and call you traitor for saving her from them “.

-       “ I was expecting it “. I said, not surprised by Seungcheol’s attitude.

-       “ Why did you do that, hyung? You should just have let her! “.

-       “ Because I like her! “. I finally blurted out.

 

Chan looked at me with shock and disbelief.

 

-       “ W-What did you say? “. He asked, still not believing my words.

-       “ I like her, Chan-ah… I care for her, and I’m crazy in love with her “. I confessed. Somehow, it felt good to say it loud.

-       “ Hyung, you can’t… How about Ga Yoon noona? Did you forget about her? “.

-       “ Of course I didn’t… I still care about Ga Yoon. But it’s time for me to move on and continue with my life. Ga Yoon would like me to do this too “.

-       “ You can’t fall in love with her! Seungcheol hyung hates her, we hate her! “.

-       “ I don’t hate her! “. I said in a tone of anger. “ Let me ask you something. Why do you hate her? “.

-       “ Because of what she had done to Seungcheol hyung “.

-       “ But I asked you why YOU do hate her. Tell me, has she done something bad to you? “.

 

With that, Chan didn’t answer. In fact, he stayed in silence. I knew that he couldn’t answer that question because it was obvious that Eun Seo didn’t do anything to make him mad. I scoffed in disbelief.

 

-       “ You don’t hate her. You are pretending to hate her to look good in front of Seungcheol “.

-       “ S-So? We are the kings of this school. They should be afraid of us and respect us! “.

-       “ That’s all you care about, Chan-ah? “.

 

Chan opened his mouth to say something but nothing came. I just sighed and shook my head in disappointment.

 

-       “ I never knew you would be like this, Chan-ah…You changed…”. I paused and glanced at him. “ I don’t care what Seungcheol will say about me. No matter what, I will protect Eun Seo from SR14B and from you guys “.

-       “ Even though it means to hurt yourself too? “.

 

I sighed in determination.

 

-       “ You would be kick out of the gang, hyung! We are a family! “. Chan blurted.

-       “ I guess I don’t want to be part of that family anymore “. I said before turning away and walking out of the rooftop. I headed back to the library. I went to the table where Eun Seo was studying. I grew confused when I could find her there. I was looking through the book sections when I heard her screaming.

 

-       “ Release me! “.

-       “ Not until you answer me! “.

-       “ Please! “.

 

I panicked and ran toward Eun Seo’s voice. Luckily, I was close to where she was. I stared at her, trying to release the grip from Taeyong, who was grabbing her wrist tightly. My jaw tightened in anger. I ran toward them as I grabbed Eun Seo’s wrist and protectively pulled her behind me while I was grabbing Taeyong’s wrist with my other hand, sending a glare at the latter.

-       “ Soonyoung-sshi… “. I heard her whispering my name. My eyes didn’t take off Taeyong’s glare. I saw him scoffing before yanking his wrist away from my grip while fixing the collar of his shirt.

-       “ What the hell are you doing here? “. I asked him.

-       “ It’s none of your business. It’s between me and that girl “. Taeyong said as he pointed at Eun Seo. I could feel Eun Seo grabbing my hand with both of her hands while shivering in fear.

-       “ I think it’s my business “. I said while titling my head to a side.

-       “ Oh really? “. Taeyong scoffed. “ And who are you to say that? “.

-       “ I’m her friend “.

-       “ Oh~ The new girl and Soonyoung… friends? Nice, then I will have an advantaged with her. How about that new girl? “. Taeyong asked while smirking at Eun Seo.

 

I growled under my breath. I swear that if Eun Seo wasn’t here then I’m sure I would kill him and burned him until he turns into ashes.

 

-       “ If you want to scare her, then get lost. Don’t waist your time in useless things “. I said before taking the book away from Taeyong and dragging Eun Seo away from him, taking her backpack and leaving the library together.

 

 

 

 

Taeyong’s POV

 

 

 

After they left, I ruffled my hair and yelled in frustration. That wasn’t what I was planning. I was supposed to show her the other side of me, but it turned out to be the other way. I sat on the ground and leaned my back on the bookshelves, letting out a tiredly sigh.

I wasn’t having luck lately. It was like my luck was disappearing in a slow motion. I really couldn’t approach toward Eun Seo without scaring her. I didn’t want her to think that I’m a monster. Sighing, I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself down.

 

 

Eun Seo’s POV

 

 

The rest of the day, Soonyoung and I were wandering around the school. I was wondering why wasn’t he with his group but I decided to not ask him. Min Ah kept sending me messages, asking me where I was and if I was okay. I had to reply the thousand of messages even though it was tiring. At last, I told her to meet me at my work place so I could explain her with details about the events that have happened to me for the past week.

 

-       “ Eun Seo-ah “. I turned around and saw Soonyoung in front of me with two cans of cider. I slightly smiled before grabbing the can and bowing my head to him.

-       “ Thank you “.

 

It was the first time…well…second time I smile at this day. I couldn’t believe that this guy was able to make me smile, even if it was a little. I haven’t smile in a while ever since my parents died. I haven’t even smile when I was with grandma. This time it was sincere, a really happy smile.

 

-       “ Have you done with writing down all the notebooks? “. He asked as he looked at me. We were in the bleachers of the gym, since nobody entered in, unless it was P.E class.

 

I nodded as I opened the can and took a careful sip of the cider.

 

-       “ You are a hard-working person, am I right? “. He asked.

-       “ Yeah, I like to do everything perfect “.

-       “ I see “. He nodded in understanding.

 

There was a silence around us. This time it wasn’t awkward. It was peaceful and comfortable.

 

-       “ Soonyoung oppa “. I called him. I swear that I don’t know why I do have so much confidence today. Maybe I am when I’m around him.

-       “ Yes? “.

 

I nervously bit my bottom lip, unsure to ask it or not.

 

 

-       “ What’s the issue between Seventeen and SR14B? No… what’s your issue with Taeyong sunbae? “. I asked. He stared at me with a surprised expression but remained in calm.

 

I know it was a little too far that I asked that, but I couldn’t help it. I know they are rivals because of popularity, but it was more than that, especially him and Taeyong. I saw it during their argument in the library. It wasn’t just a discussion. It was filled with disgust, pure hatred to each other and anger. I think they knew to each other for a long time.

 

-       “ About Seventeen and SR14B, we are just rivals. About Taeyong and me… like Seventeen and SR14B…just rivals “. He said without staring at me. I knew he was lying.

-       “ Are you sure? “. I carefully asked since I didn’t want to sound so y.

 

He sighed as he hung his head down. I knew I made him uncomfortable.

 

-       “ It’s okay. No need to tell me, I was just curious and worried about it “.

-       “ Worried? “.

-       “ I don’t want to be the cause of your fights. I hate fights “. I admitted as I looked down while playing my fingers with the can. It was the true. I was really worried about him. I was always involved in their fights and I always thought that it was because of me and I really didn’t want to be the reason of their fights. That made me sick.

I turned to him and I saw him smiling at him. I didn’t understand why was he smiling like that.

 

-       “ I never thought you would be worried about me “.

-       “ Of course I would. You are my friend “. I admitted. I really consider him as my closest friend.

-       “ Thanks for worrying about me “. He said as he placed a hand on my knee. “ I’m sorry for causing trouble “.

-       “ Don’t apologize…I should be the one who is sorry “.

-       “ Don’t blame yourself, you don’t have anything to do with this “.

-       “ But still.. “.

-       “ What matters now is your safety, and I will make sure to keep you safe “. He promised.

 

I swear that my heart melted when he said those words. They were sincere, mostly because it sounded like he really cared about me.

 

-       “ Thank you, I own my life to you… “. I whispered as she slowly placed my hand on him. “ Because of you… I realized that life isn’t bad at all “. I said, finally meeting his gaze with him. I saw him smiling back at me and I couldn’t help but to smile too. Then, I remembered about work and Min Ah. I stood up from the bleachers as I grabbed my backpack. “ I’m sorry, Soonyoung oppa. But I have to leave. I have to work “. I said as I was about to go down when I felt a grip around my wrist, making me to look up and meeting his eyes.

-       “ I will walk you “.

-       “ I’m fine “.

-       “ Look, after what happened earlier I won’t let you go alone. Imagine if that Taeyong pops out from nowhere like always “.

 

 

I sighed. He was right. I was also worried about Seventeen though.

 

-       “ Alright then “.

 

 

 

Soonyoung’s POV

 

 

-       “ Alright then “. Eun Seo said and I smiled. If she were going to reject my offer, I would have insisted until the end of the day. As soon as we left school, Eun Seo kept talking about random things. I was glad she was finally opening up toward me. I really like to see her like that. See her bright and happy. I haven’t realized that we already arrived at the coffee shop Eun Seo was working. We both entered in and headed toward the cashier.

-       “ Hey Eun Seo! “. A girl smiled at her. My eyes landed on her tag name: Nahyun. I then looked back at her. She must be Eun Seo’s friend, I guess.

-       “ Hey “. I saw Eun Seo giving her a weak smile.

-       “ …Who is he? “. That Nahyun girl asked.

-       “ Nahyun, I would like to introduce my sunbae of my school. His name is Kwon Soonyoung. Soonyoung-sshi, this is Nahyun, my co-worker and also a good friend of mine “. Eun Seo said.

 

 

I awkwardly smiled at the girl as I bowed.

 

 

-       “ Nice to meet you “. I said as I held out my hand.

-       “ Same here “. Nahyun nodded in approval while shaking her hand with mine.

-       “ Thanks for walking me Soonyoung-sshi “. Eun Seo said.

-       “ Hey, and where is the word ‘ oppa ‘? You said that you would call me like that! “. I cried out in a cute way with a pout. Then I noticed her cheeks getting red. I silently chuckled, finding it cute.

-       “ Anyways, you should leave now “.

-       “ Can’t I stay here? “. I asked. To be honest, I didn’t have anywhere to go.I couldn’t go back to Seventeen’s house, not after the incident.

-       “ Well…. “. Eun Seo looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter