Chapter 1

As Long As You Love Me [Editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Seo’s POV

 

 

~ Dream ~

 

 

Cold. That's what I felt: cold. That feeling touching my skin, it felt insecurity, lonely and scary. I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was parts of a car destroyed in pieces and fires everywhere. I looked up and saw snow falling in the dark night sky. I turned my head around and saw two bodies lying on the ground covered with blood and snow.

"O-Omma... A-Appa....". I tried to get where my parents were, but it was impossible. I felt my two legs were broken and I couldn't move to where they were. But I tried my best to get there as I was almost in the way my parents were, when I finally arrived where my mom was, I grabbed my mom's hand. Her hand was so cold and blue with blood and bruises on it. 

"Everything is going to be alright sweetie, I promise". My mom said with a hushed tone, almost like a whisper. Tears started to fall down on my cheeks as I grabbed tightly my mom's hand. "I'm sorry mom, it's all my fault". After being like this for almost an hour, my mom stopped breathing. I was shocked, so I shook her trying to wake her up, but she didn't move.

"No, no, no,nononoonononoonono, mom wake up, WAKE UP, PLEASEEE DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE, MOOOOM!!!!!!”

 

~ End of the Dream ~

 

 

 

 

 

-       “ No, no, AHHH! “. I screamed as I jumped from the sudden nightmare. I touched my forehead and it was covered with a thick layer of sweat. Then I rested my hand on my chest and I felt my heart beating fast. I got up from the bed and I headed to the bathroom before refreshing my face with cold water.

-       “ It’s okay, it was just a nightmare “. I said to myself through the mirror while staring at my reflection. My face was so pale and I had dark circles under my eyes.

It’s been two weeks since I have the same nightmare. In fact, I don’t even remember the last I properly slept.

I walked out of the bathroom and then headed to the bedroom. I looked at the clock. It was 4:35 am! And it was still dark outside! I sighed as I tried to forget about the nightmare and I went back to bed. I needed to rest since today was my first day at a new school I just got transferred. After the death of my parents, everything on me changed. My personality, my behaviors changed all because of that horrible accident maybe that was my punishment since it’s my fault that they are dead now. The reason? Well, it’s too complicated to explain this. But I guess, I can tell you with the time.

 

After calming myself down, I went back to sleep. After two hours of sleeping, I finally woke up and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. Then I went to my closet to get my new school uniform before wearing it. The design is quite simple yet elegant. It was a black skirt with white stripes, a white blouse and a navy blue blazer with the symbol of the school on the left of my chest. I looked at myself through the mirror and sighed. Once I checked myself, I headed to the kitchen and made my breakfast, which was a toast and coffee.

 

After eating my breakfast, I looked at the clock. It was 7:03 am. Well, I have at least 30 minutes to get to school, but I really don’t care since it was my first day at school and I can be late for that. I wonder if it was a good idea in changing school. In my old school, students used to bully me for being an orphan and for being poor. I wasn’t poor at all, just normal. Well… if working in a coffee shop as a waitress at this age counts as living normal, then I’m good. I started working during summer vacation when I was 15, when I still lived with my grandma. I needed the money since I needed to pay the apartment bills and school and that time grandma was so ill to work. She was the only one who could comfort me when I was bullied. When I was sad, she will always tell me that everything will be al right, that those nightmares I had will be gone. She was like a mother to me. But those hopes were gone after grandma was diagnosed with lung cancer. I tried my best to earn more money to pay for grandma’s treatment, but it was useless. She was in her last stage and the doctor to spend more time with her before the worse comes. Every night, I cried, praying to God to not take her away from me. She was the only relative I had left. But that day came. She was gone… forever. After her death, the neighbor started to help and being nice toward me. I felt thankful to them, especially to Ms. Shin, my neighbor next door. She really helped me a lot. She always paid for my school bills and the apartment bills. I felt guilty for that, because it was like stealing her money. When I got my payment from the coffee shop, I always tried to convince her to accept my money, but she is too stubborn to accept it. She said I was like her daughter that she never had. That sentence got into my heart. I knew Ms. Shin was single, because once I entered in her apartment since I was helping her with her groceries. She told me that she got divorced after fighting with her husband and she left the house. I felt bad for her since she was alone in the apartment and didn’t have anyone to talk to. Sometimes I would visit her, mostly to give her the money back, but I wanted her to not feel lonely and that she can tell me the things she really want to tell to someone.

 

I went to get my white backpack with light blue dots and get some money for lunch. I headed to the front door and I slipped on my red converse. I got out of the apartment and I closed the door behind me. Since the elevator was broken, I went downstairs until I headed to the first floor.

I didn’t mind walking since I didn’t want to spend a lot of money in taking the bus and I needed fresh after all.

Actually I like having long walks. It makes me clear my mind and also being distracted for a while and enjoying the view of the parks and the city.

It took me just 20 minutes to get to the front of the school gates. I looked up and admired at my new school: Dehan High School. To be honest, I didn’t get a good impression in this school. The building was a little bit old, with graffiti on the walls and some of the windows were broken with metal bars on them. My old school looked much better than this, this school looked like a prison! And I didn’t like the people in there since my point of view. As I enter, I notice people glaring at me and whispering about something to each other. Probably about me, but I really didn’t hear anything and I’m glad I didn’t.

 

Just forgetting about this, I headed to the principal’s office to get my schedule and locker. As I entered, I saw a woman around her forties and I thought she was the secretary so I approached to her.

 

-       “ Excuse me, I’m the new student who transferred from Korea National High School “. I said.

-       “ Name “. She said without sticking her eyes away from the computer.

-       “ Excuse me? “.

-       “ Name “.

-       “ Ah right. Eun Seo, Kang Eun Seo “.

 

She rapidly typed on the computer keyboard and then moved the mouse to click something.

 

-       “ Yeah, Kang Eun Seo. Bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter