My Dream Had For Once Been Peaceful

It Has to be You [Hiatus]

My mind continued to wander to Jaejoong the following day. He was such a good friend. And in a way, he reminded me of Yesung. Just like Yesung would hold when I was down, when I was sad...Jaejoong proved to be the same way. And I was thankful.

 

"Here she comes." I heard someone whisper when I entered the classroom to my first class. Kyuhyun was running late. I was met with stares and glares from an assortment of girls before taking my seat quietly, the norm. Suddenly, someone slammed the palm of their hand onto my desk. I jumped in my seat.

 

"You know Jaejoong has a girlfriend, right?" I looked up to see Jessica glaring at me, her entire aura menacing. But the truth, no I didn't know he had a girlfriend.

 

"Well, since it's obvious that you didn't know, I'll tell you now." She leaned in and made sure I was locking eyes with her, holding onto my chin with her perfect manicured hand. She spoke slowly and almost in a whisper. "Jaejoong is taken. So stay away, understand?"

 

But I didn't understand. Or more like I didn't want to understand. Because I knew what she meant to say. And I didn't want to listen. Suddenly, someone spoke from behind Jessica.

 

"Well, Jessica, it looks like you're going to be a wrinkly old woman when you grow older, considering how closer together you're pulling your eyebrows." Jessica flipped her head back, letting go of me almost immediately once she heard his voice.

 

"Shut up, Jaejoong." she said, standing up straight and crossing her arms. "Why don't you give Tiffany a call? You know she misses you. And it's rude not to pick up your girlfriend's phone calls." Jaejoong shrugged it off.

 

"I guess I'm rude then. But of course you're worse than I am."

 

"Oh? And why is that?" Jaejoong made his way over to me and took my hand, signaling for me to get up. Then he turned back to Jessica.

 

"Because you make assumptions and then act on them. For example, bullying Minhee here because of your own problems and ideas. But you don't even know Minhee. So stop acting like you do." And with that I was pulled out of class. Just like with Yesung. Only, Jaejoong was my savior this time around.

 

"Songsaengnim, Minhee has nausea. I'm taking her to the nurse's office." Jaejoong told the teacher before dragging me away.

 

All of this...reminded me of Yesung.

 

And so I found myself on the roof with Jaejoong. And a smile was playing on my lips as my eyes watered.

 

-=-=-=-=-=- 

 

I noticed Minhee's eyes watering, yet she held a smile. What was she thinking?

 

"Are you okay?" I asked, wiping away a tear that had escaped her eyes. She shook her head and dried the rest of her tears.

 

"Thank you, Jaejoong." she said before stepping forward and wrapping her arms around my waist. Ah, this girl...she must've been bullied a lot for her to cry like this. I felt her squeeze me closer just a bit and I slwoly encased her in my arms as well.

 

Is this what Yesung felt when he hugged her? When he held her in his arms?

 

It was downright comforting, and yet I wanted to be the one to hold her like this from now on, despite what Kyuhyun might think. I loosened my hold on her, only to pull her to sit with me next to the railing. She once again wiped her tears and sat down calmly before I took her hand in mine. Maybe I hadn't said it enough, but Yesung was definitely lucky. But only in this way.

 

I continued to stare down at our intertwined hands, loving the way hers fit perfectly in my own. And before I knew it, she was breathing softly and evenly, asleep. I took the opportunity to watch her, to take in her soft appearance, and to appreciate it.

 

Minhee's rosy lips seemed quite tempting...

 

Nobody would notice if I stole a kiss, right? And Tiffany wouldn't care either. I'd already slept with most of her friends anyways, excluding Jessica the witch. It really was the perfect moment...

 

I leaned in slowly, closing the distance between us, and pressed my lips to hers. Soft as the petals on a flower...

 

-=-=-=-

 

Yesung's hand felt so warm in my own, and I wondered how long this would last, considering I could never catch him before in any of my other dreams. He gazed down at me warmly before cupping my cheek and caressing my face for a moment. I felt love and warmth underneath his touch.

 

"Minhee..." he murmured my name softly before leaning in. He pressed his lips to mine and my eyes closed slowly. A kiss. I'd been longing for it for so long. His lips were soft and moist and I smiled into the kiss, happy that my dream had for once been peaceful.

 

When I opened my eyes again I saw Jaejoong. Not Yesung. But Jaejoong.

 

And for a moment I figured it was still part of the dream, only gone wrong, and I needed to wake up. But Jaejoong pulled back first and unconsciously squeezed my hand which was in his. And then I knew it was real.

 

"J-Jaejoong..." I stuttered, struggling to find my voice. I noticed his surprised expression, but an honest look in his eyes, before I just had to pull my hand away.

 

"I'm sorry." he said when he noticed me getting on my feet quickly. I turned back to look at him, a sour expression painted onto him. Like the words just didn't taste right after they'd rolled off his tongue. I looked down sadly, feeling my heart racing within me, before turning and running away again. I was too good at that.

 

But this time I wasn't running because I feared Jaejoong. I was running because I was a stupid girl. Because Jessica knew what she was talking about. And because I knew, somewhere in the back of my mind, that I had liked the kiss. And that over the little time I had spent with him, I had grown to like Jaejoong to the point where it wasn't "just friends".

 

And yet I still thought of Yesung.

 

-=-=-=-

 

Minhee was gone. And deja vu hit me like a train. Because her things were still there...only she was missing. So I knew that it had to be Jaejoong who had taken her this time. Damn it.

 

"Songsaengnim, may I use the restroom?" I asked, my hand raised. He nodded towards me, of course I was a favorite for my academics, and I took off towards the stairs which led to the roof. But she found me first, stumbling and ramming into me before I caught her. She choked on a gasp and looked up at me in surprise.

 

"K-Kyuhyun..." her tone was none other than nervous, and judging from the look in her eyes, something definitely happened.

 

"What's wrong?" I asked. She shook her head, looking away.

 

"It's nothing. L-let's go back to class." Of course she would hide something. I walked her to the classroom before allowing her to enter first and shutting the door behind her. I had to return to the roof.

 

When I opened the door I found none other than that mess of a player. But what I found interesting was the way he was touching his lips, almost...as if...he had just kissed with someone.

 

It hit me. Seems I was having plenty of epiphanies today.

 

-=-=-=-

 

I didn't know why I apologized. Usually a girl would get angry with me after sleeping with her and leaving her there in bed the next morning. But I would brush it off easily. And I didn't care. But now, with Minhee, I suddenly did care. And as confusing as that was, I liked it.

 

Was she the change for my norm?

 

"Jaejoong." I heard someone call, but I recognized the voice as belonging to the jealous and possessive friend of Minhee's.

 

"What?" I answered indifferently. I'm pretty sure he knew we weren't on the same team here, not friends. His eyebrows pulled together forming an almost threatening face. He was just too soft for me.

 

"You kissed Minhee, didn't you?" His voice was completely bold, an underlying tone of evil. Maybe I was wrong about being soft.

 

"So what if I did?" I snapped back. How'd he find out so quickly anyways? He took a step closer to me.

 

"Stay away from Minhee from now on. Or I'll make sure that you do." And maybe for a second or two, Kim Jaejoong actually felt threatened. But only for a second or two.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

To Be Continued...

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey everyone~! I updated. Feels like it's been a long time. :(

Anyways, there's beens something really weird going on. For some reason, after writing this story, it feels like it's part of my life. But in the sense that I've met my Jaejoong and that I've got my Yesung. But I honestly even met my Kibum (which you guys will find out later). And it's so weird it even worries me. I can't wait for you guys to meet Kibum though. But we aren't even done with the Jaejoong arc yet. *sigh* I really need to write a lot faster. But my brain . It goes only as it pleases.

Anyways, please subscribe and comment~! It means a lot to me~! And helps me update faster. Trust me. ^_^ ♥