Beasts Will Always Try to Destroy The Beautful Things in Life

It Has to be You [Hiatus]

I turned my head slowly, finding none other than Yesung behind me. I felt relief clear the butterflies rampaging in my stomach and my pounding heart. Jessica swallowed.

 

"O-Oppa, I-I'm sorry. It wasn't what it looked like." she said, rushed.

 

"Then make sure it doesn't look like what it's not again." I was thankful more than anything at that moment. Yesung was always there when I needed him. Things like this would happen time and again, but he'd protect me. I guess for a moment I was just staring into space because Yesung waved a hand in front of my face.

 

"Minhee, you left this is in your last class." he said, holding up my purse. Jessica and her group had gone back to talking secretively, ignoring us. I took the opportunity to hug Yesung tightly, locking my arms around his waist.

 

"Thank you." I said, my eyes watering without my permission. I wasn't as tough as I tried to come off as. Yesung took me by my hand and went over to the teacher who had just stepped in.

 

"Songsaengnim, Minhee doesn't feel well so I'll be taking her to the nurse's office." he said, basically granting himself permission. But my teacher nodded nonetheless, examining my puffy eyes and red nose.

 

"Very well, but make sure to get her homework later."

 

"Ne, Songsaengnim." Yesung bowed and pulled me away, not to the nurses's office, but to the rooftop instead.

 

"Minhee, are you okay?" he asked, lifting my chin to look into my eyes once we'd arrived at our usual lunch spot. Nevermind the noticeable tears in my eyes.

 

"I'm fine. I was just a little shocked, and then...thankful." I placed my hand on his chest, so my palm could feel his heart beat. Yesung placed his hand over my own hand and then pulled me closer. My heart was racing quickly as he leaned in and captured my lips, but his heart was beating just as fast. I moved my lips against his before we eventually parted, out of breath. He smiled at me, a kind sparkle in his eyes.

 

And then he pinched my cheek.

 

"Ah, Yesung!" I rubbed my cheek, trying to numb that second of pain away. Way to change the romantic mood a bit, huh? But then again, he'd just cheered me up. I hadn't even noticed when I'd stopped tearing up. He chuckled before going and taking a seat against the railing.

 

"I'm tired." he said, patting the seat next to him. I plopped myself down next to him and allowed him to rest his head on my shoulder.

 

"Wake me up next period." I watched his vulnerable cheek, thinking of payback. Raising my hand slowly, I bit my lip, hoping he wouldn't open his eyes unti I was done. But he didn't need to. I was only an inch away when he lifted his hand and stopped me, taking my hand in his.

 

"W-what?" I said, surprised. "How did you know?" He laughed, keeping my hand in his, glancing over at me.

 

"You're way too predictable, Min." he brought my hand to his lips and pecked it softly before closing his eyes again. "Now don't try to torture me while I sleep."

 

Plan fail. Hmm...can Yesung see through his eyelids or something? No, that can't be it. But hey, I am not predictable...am I?

 

-=-=-=-

 

Yesung kissed Minhee's cheek as a goodbye, once again poking at my jealousy. But our next class didn't have Yesung in it so I had Minhee all to myself. Not that the fact that it was just the two of us made any difference.

 

Minhee only wanted Yesung.

 

I escaped to the bathroom for a minute before class and washed my face with cold water before drying off. I couldn't betray Yesung because I knew that he'd never betray me. And I knew that Minhee would only trade anything for Yesung. She could never betray Yesung either.

 

All I had was unrequited love, a stupid excuse for a love triangle.

 

I heaved a sigh before trudging back to class slowly. I felt eyes on me, as usual, as I entered the classroom, but they were ignored as I took my seat next to...Minhee...? She wasn't there. I glanced around to make sure I wasn't seeing things. But there was no sign of her. Yesung must have taken her somewhere...again.

 

-=-=-=-

 

It really did bother me. It bothered the hell out of me that girls acted that way. Jealous. Threatening. Coniving. Evil. And in the midst of their little fit they would hurt someone. In this case, Minhee.

 

A soft sigh escaped my lips as I pretended to sleep. I felt Minhee really dozing off though. The thoughts of those other girls had returned to me and I couldn't help but feel a bit of hate towards them. Beasts will always try to destroy the beautiful things in life.

 

Once I was sure she was asleep, I sneaked a peek at her. Soft pink tinted lips, long eyelashes with porcelain skin, beautiful silky hair. God she was beautiful. I knew Minhee was told that she was simply lucky to have won over my heart, but I felt like the luckiest guy in the world. My girlfriend was the prettiest, inside and out.

 

She was caring and considerate, even if she didn't notice it at the time, but she was really sincere with her feelings, something a lot of the other girls at our school lacked. And so I fell for her. I took her hand in mine and squeezed it gently, caressing it softly as she sleeped.

 

My Minhee, forever.

 

-=-=-=-

 

The bell rang for the end of the day and I felt happy. As usual, Yesung was waiting for me just outside the classroom.

 

"Ready to go?" he smiled. I nodded and he took my hand, pulling me away.

 

"Minhee!" We stopped and I turned as Kyuhyun ran towards me, waving my bag in the air. When he caught up he handed it to me, out of breath, panting.

 

"You forgot this." he said and I smiled at him, thanking him. I really shouldn't bring bags to school anymore.

 

"See you guys later." he waved. Yesung did so as well before we began walking towards my home.

 

-=-=-=-

 

I unlocked the door with my keys and entered with Yesung behind me. I scanned the house, looking for my mother.

 

"Umma, I'm home!" I called out.

 

"Oh, okay dear! I cleaned your room for you like you asked! It was filthy~!" I blushed, slightly embarrassed. Yesung poked my cheek, a smirk on his face. A moment later my Umma appeared at the top of the stairs.

 

"Oh...Yesung is here...hi honey~!" she smiled, realizing she'd embarrassed me. She quickly made her way down the stairs and hugged me, afterwards hugging Yesung.

 

"Hello, Halmeoni." he gave her a sweet smile. She took his hand.

 

"Are you going to help me cook today?" Her eyes were gleaming. Yeah, my mother really loved Yesung. And because he wouldn't say no to helping her cook, she preferred having him help her than me, seeing as I had hands that would break any plate or burn any food they touched. Horrible thing for a girl if she couldn't cook.

 

"I'd love to." Yesung agreed. I was jealous of my mom for getting to cook with Yesung. She wouldn't even let me try to cook. But then I was jealous of Yesung because he could actually get somewhere with it.

 

"What's on the menu today?" he asked, winking at me as my mom went to get him an apron.

 

-=-=-=-

 

Umma got to spend the most time with Yesung today. I stayed for about half of the process, but then decided to escape. But that's okay, because while the cake was in the oven he hung out with me in my treehouse in the backyard. Appa had made it for me when I was younger...

 

"What are you listening to?" he asked, lying down on his stomach next to me once he'd climbed up.

 

"SHINee." I smiled, looking over a magazine, taking out an earbud for him to listen to as well. He shook his head and took my iPod away, pausing the song and surfing through my other ones.

 

"I'll sing one for you instead." I sat up with him, a smile playing on my lips now. I loved it when Yesung sang to me. His voice was heavenly, beautiful, filled with emotion. I'd never heard anyone else come close to his talent. And so I wondered if he were to get discovered and some day become an idol. I'd still be right behind him then.

 

He gave me a cute smile before unplugging the headphones so that the speaker would play music out loud. Ah, an instrumental. Once the melody started I sat still, hugging my knees to my chest as I looked up at him. I recognized the song, "Nothing Better" by Brown Eyed Soul, a classic. And then I could only think of Yesung as I watched and listened, his velvet voice finding its way to my heart.

 

His hand reached for my own and caressed it gently. And like the blood that had rushed to my overly warm face, his words raced straight to my heart, earning themselves a place that would be open for them forever. There really was nothing better than Yesung.

 

-=-=-=-

 

"Leaving already?" My Umma asked, smiling at him. He nodded, giving her a hug and thanking her for everything. She waved him off before returning to the kitchen for another slice of cake. I joined Yesung at the door and he watched me for a moment, smiling slightly.

 

"I'll see you tomorrow at school." I said, hypnotized by his stare. His teeth shown as he widened his smile, patting me on the head gently.

 

"Minhee, tomorrow is Saturday." I snapped out of my gaze, blushing slightly.

 

"Y-yeah, I knew that." I said, looking off to the side. He took my hand and kissed it lightly before caressing my cheek, a sign for a kiss.

 

"This is our goodbye kiss, which means only I get to do it." Yesung smiled. I nodded and closed my eyes, waiting. But the kiss didn't land on my lips. It was gently placed on my forehead before I felt his arms encase my body, pulling me closer.

 

"I love you, Minhee, so much." he murmured, low enough for only me to hear. Heaven. But for some reason something didn't feel exactly right. This goodbye wasn't exactly a brush-off-I'll-see-you-later-kiss-and-hug. It felt like an actual goodbye. Where your loved one leaves you and doesn't come back for a long time. But I pushed the thought away since I knew Yesung would never leave me. He loved me and I loved him. We felt it. And that was all I needed.

 

"I love you, too."

 

End of Flashback

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

To Be Continued...

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

PREVIEW OF NEXT CHAPTER:

 

"I know I shouldn't say this, but things are different now, Minhee. Yesung is gone. But I'm still here. Choose me." And the next words nearly broke my heart, even if I'd heard them a million times before. But it was only because they weren't coming from Yesung.

"Minhee, I love you."

-

-

"So you came back to visit me?" he said, his raven hair hanging slightly over his eyes as he looked up at me. I simply nodded in reply. I needed comfort and he had given it to me yesterday. That was enough to return. But could he really be a friend?

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Oooh~ My lovely readers have commented more this time~! Wonderful. My Super Junior Superman Flavored Ice Cream Cones go to: xernielaii, KeJuYuMi_22, FicTIONal, YesungJjang (love that username by the way), lalalananalalala, Dumpling21, and ssweetdreamer101~! Enjoy~! ♥ I love you guys. And welcome new readers~!

So, am I making you guys happy with these memories? Hope so. But next chapter we'll be going back to the present again. O_O Hold on for the ride. ^^