Venturing On The Path Of Unrequited Love

It Has to be You [Hiatus]

Minhee completely ignored me, locked me out, didn't even acknowledge my presence no matter where we were. Had I ruined the most important thing in my life? It felt foreign to me, being without her at the usual lunch place. It was like with Yesung...gone. And I didn't want it.

 

But I couldn't figure it out. Did I move too fast? Had she not moved on yet, even if just a little? Did she just not love me the way I wanted her to at all, even if just the slightest bit? So I couldn't have Minhee, could I? Maybe I was wrong thinking I even stood a chance against Yesung's absence.

 

But I still wanted Minhee by my side, even if just as a friend. So I needed to apologize. And I needed to win her trust back.

 

And as much as it hurt like hell, I'd continue venturing on the path of unrequited love.

 

-=-=-=-

 

I felt like a terrible person. I'd avoided Kyuhyun completely. It had already been a week since his confession, but I hadn't paid him any attention. In class I kept to myself. And for lunch, I escaped to lose myself in the garden with Jaejoong at my side. Kyuhyun didn't deserve this. I knew it. He'd lost Yesung too. But he was moving on.

 

But I was afraid to leave Yesung behind. And so I didn't.

 

Instead of Kyuhyun I was replacing his company with Jaejoong's. Kyuhyun offered an escape to the future, one without Yesung. But Jaejoong offered me the chance to reminisce. He offered a shoulder to lean on while I cried. And he wasn't pulling me away from my beloved, Yesung. I shared my secrets with him.

 

But sooner or later, Kyuhyun would have to be next to me again. He would have to be my best friend again.

 

Because he was Kyuhyun.

 

-=-=-=-

 

I felt overwhelmed by everthing at the moment. Looking at the clock, time only seemed to move slower and slower. And I held no interest whatsoever in what the teacher was saying. And it was about this time where I would begin my longing for Yesung in my heart again. I shut my eyes, allowing sleep to overtake me as I rest my head against my arms. At least I wasn't seated right in front for the teacher to see.

 

And so I fell asleep. But I dreamt. And in my dream I saw the moments that I had told Jaejoong about, the precious moments that I had shared with Yesung.

 

Our memories.

 

Flashback

 

"Minhee, look I won this for you." I heard Yesung call from behind me. I had been trying to focus on winning this cute stuffed animal elephant from a shooting game, but my aim was way off. I really needed cordination, but unfortunately I wasn't blessed with that luxury.

 

I turned my head to see what Yesung had won me, my eyes widening afterwards in surprise. In his arms he held a cute, cuddly, yellow bear with a red ribbon tied around his neck. And to top it off, it was big. Yesung smiled from ear to ear and I happily stepped forward, wrapping my arms around the prize.

 

"Hey, hug me. I got it for you." Yesung pouted. I giggled before taking the bear from his arms and holding it against my side while I leaned in and kissed Yesung's cheek.

 

"Thank you." I said, and Yesung crossed his arms with a smile playing on his lips.

 

"So, what are we going to name him?" he asked, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "Ah, how about Yesung Junior?" I rolled my eyes.

 

"No, I only need one Yesung. He should have a cool American name or be named after someone cute."

 

"No Yesung Junior?" I shook my head.

 

"You know, I really like Super Junior M's songs right now. And Henry's my favorite too... How about that?" I suggested.

 

"Why? You prefer Henry? Is that who you'll be thinking about when you hug the bear I gave you?" Yesung's tone was playfully jealous.

 

"I just like the name Henry. But no, the only person I'll be thinking about when I hug him is you." I tried convincing Yesung with puppy eyes and he gave in almost all too quickly.

 

"Okay then, Henry it is." he said, pulling me into his arms along with the bear, even if he couldn't completely envelope us both. And so yes, every time I held Henry in my arms, my mind would wander back to Yesung.

 

End of Flashback

 

When I awoke I felt moisture at the sides of my eyes. I lifted a hand to touch and realized there were tears there, seconds away from falling. I quickly wiped them away with my sleeve before noticing that everyone around me was standing up and gathering their things to take leave for lunch. Oh, it was time to meet up with Jaejoong. But as soon as I stood up I felt someone grab onto my arm. I turned, surprised, and found none other than the person I'd been avoiding.

 

"Minhee, we need to talk." he said, a serious look on his face. I didn't have time to answer as he pulled me along, leading me outside, not into the garden, but just beside the school building. And I was trapped between him and the brick wall of the school. I stared up into his eyes as he held onto my shoulder, making sure I wouldn't run off again.

 

Honestly, I wasn't sure what was to come next. Would he apologize? Or would he try to convince me to forget Yesung again? I dreaded the feeling that it would be the latter. But then he spoke. And my worries ceased.

 

"I'm sorry, Minhee." For a few seconds I just stared up at him, thankful, before feeling tears in my eyes. And then he continued speaking. "I'm sorry I asked for that. And for even thinking I could replace Yesung. I'm sorry...for not being a good friend."

 

But I forgave him easily. Because I loved him too much to lose him. Without allowing him another word, I threw my arms around his waist and buried my face in his chest. A moment later he embraced me as well.

 

"Thank you, Kyu." I said, sniffling. "I didn't want to lose you as a friend. You're all I have left."

 

-=-=-=-

 

I felt so relieved. To hold her in my arms was like holding the world in the palm of my hand. She was my everything. But I still felt the bitter aching in my heart of unrequited love. I wished that someday that gap would be filled with another love, or if possible, Minhee's love. But it was just a wish. Nothing but a simple hope.

 

-=-=-=-

 

Minhee must've been caught up in something. She was running late. Seven minutes to be exact. I decided to walk around a bit. But it wasn't a minute later that I realized why she was late.

 

He was holding her in his arms. So they made up? So easily. And I wondered then what that meant for me. Would I continue to to be a part of her life? Or was I just a temporary replacement for Kyuhyun?

 

Determined to find out, I continued walking in their direction, the sound of their footsteps causing Minhee to look up, Kyuhyun's back to me.

 

"Minhee." I called simply, eyeing her friend.

 

"Oh, Jaejoong. I'm sorry I made you wait." she said, a small smile spread over her lips.

 

-=-=-=-

 

"Don't worry about it." he said casually. And I paused. Minhee...had been with Jaejoong in the mean time? She had been in the clutches of the mastermind playboy who used girls like a sick person used tissues? I clenched my fists tightly. And what did he want now? Why was he here? Minhee had me. She shouldn't have any reason to keep company like him any longer.

 

"Ah, Jaejoong. This is Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun, Jaejoong." Jaejoong nodded in my general direction, looking me straight in the eyes. And something told me he wanted more than just an innocent friendship with Minhee. His eyes were full of jealousy. Or something of that sort. I'd seen it before...in myself.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

To Be Continued...

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

PREVIEW OF NEXT CHAPTER:

 

After kissing Minhee goodbye and leaving reluctantly, I had to pack and in the morning I set off to my parents. But I guess what I found things to be was completely unexpected. And tragic.

-

-

"Yesung..." he whispered, a sudden weak smile crossing over his lips. "It's good to see you again." And I allowed tears to stream down my cheeks. Because I asked myself why? Why wasn't I told before about this? Why now? I was angry, yet my sadness only made my inner conflict worse.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

Hello everyone~! I am unhappy to announce that this week is exams and that I am studying and working like crazy. I wanted to update last week but my homework got in the way. CAN YOU BELIEVE I SPENT 5 HOURS ON A STUPID PROJECT FOR ENGLISH!!! OMYGOSH I am soooo mad about that. But anyways, once exams are over I will update the next chapter. I've already written it, I just need to type it. So hopefully I get that done.

But on another note, I have a request to you guys. Do you guys know any songs that go well with this story? I mean, I like ilstening to music that makes sense with my story when I write. It helps me think better. Plus, I love getting new music and all. I have like over 1.000 songs on my iPod. I've only had it for two years. But I was trying to get another one this Black Friday because I don't have any more room for my new music. :(

Did you guys go to Black Friday I wonder? I DID! From 10:27 pm to 6:32 am. Call me crazy, it was my mom's idea. Gosh, my feet hurt so bad. Any interesting experiences? But yes, I think an awesome song that fits this story is Super Junior's 'In My Dream' and 'Your Eyes' (which should hint at some future stuff. But WAY in the future. Sowwyyy.... And guess what? I just HAD MY FIRST DREAM IN KOREAN WITH YESUNG!!! AND LEETEUK & SIWON WERE THERE TOO. ^^ I'll tell you guys about it later. Because this is a long rant...

Anyways, enjoy the chapter, drop a comment, subscribe if you haven't. SEE YA NEXT TIME~! ^^ ♥♥♥ Oh, and the next chapter explains all your questions about Yesung!!!