Tear Glazed Eyes & Smeared Make-up

It Has to be You [Hiatus]

Life never plays out the way you expect it to.

Nor does it end in a way you like.

Life is a weight and each of us make up a thin sheet of glass.

And we always cave in and break;

Into the million insignifican't pieces that make up this unfair world.

 

I couldn't remember a minute after Yesung's death where I wasn't crying. I couldn't find a moment where he wasn't on my mind. He was everything to me. And now that he was gone, it felt as though my heart was bleeding. Loss really is painful. Especially when the thing that you lost was the most important person in your life. They're simply...gone.

 

 -=-=-=-=-=-

 

Flashback

 

The morning breeze was chilly and raised goosebumps along my arms, giving me chicken skin. I smiled to myself, tapping my foot softly to the beat of the music pouring out of my earbuds. He would be here any moment now. Like every morning. My prediction proved correct as I felt someone pull the earphone away from my ear and whisper a warm 'Hello' to me. I turned, flashing a smile. But it wasn't to be compared with his. Seeing his smile made my heart nearly skip a beat. Naturally.

 

"Yesung~" I let his name roll off the end of my tongue as I greeted him. He sat next to me, hip to hip, taking my hand.

 

"What's on the playlist this morning?" he asked as I handed him one of my earbuds. "Ah, Dong Bang Shin Ki." he smiled, tapping out the beat on his knee. For a while we simply sat there. I was resting my head on his shoulder while he softly hummed out the tune. He really did have a beautiful voice. When the song finished he slowly pulled out the earbud and returned it to me. But for some reason, he avoided looking at me.

 

"What's wrong?" I asked, concerned, turning off my iPod. He turned to me with a small smile appearing on his face.

 

"Nothing is wrong. I'm with you." he murmured, squeezing my hand gently. I stared up into his eyes before noticing him leaning in, and I knew what was coming next. I allowed him to press his lips against mine, my eyes fluttering closed, and I kissed back.

 

This was where I wanted to be, forever.

 

We parted and watched each other for a second before he gently caressed my cheek. I looked down,  just a small trace of pink appearing on my cheeks. It always happened that way.

 

"We'll always be together." he whispered, almost as if he was reassuring himself. I couldn't understand at the time what it had implied. Sure, Yesung and I had had our share of dificult situations, but it was nothing we couldn't handle if we had each other. However, later those words would come back to haunt me.

 

"Yeah. We'll stay together no matter what."

 

End of Flashback

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

"Minhee please..." My Umma begged me. I had locked the door of my room, with me inside. I didn't want to see anyone. Only Yesung. But I couldn't. And I knew better than all of this, but I didn't feel like being mature at all. Not now, anyways.

 

"It's later today...." she tried again. I squeezed my silky yellow teddy bear in my arms, the one Yesung bought me on Valentine's day earlier this year. I could tell Umma was at her end, but I knew she understood what I was going through. We'd both been through it before. Death of a loved one. I didn't like the ring of that phrase.

 

Appa died ten years ago. I was only 7, but I remembered him very well. And I knew all the reasons why Umma would cry for him. Gentle, kind, comforting; all the things a father should be. But along with the driver from the other car, he was gone. Dead. Leaving us with tears and sorrow from losing him. I miss him.

 

"I-I'll go later then..." I croaked out. I never realized how hoarse my voice was from crying. But then again, I should've been expecting this. Umma did the same.

 

"Okay, dear. If you need anything...anything at all, just call me." she said, her tone of voice comforting. Moments later, I heard the sound of her footsteps and then she was gone. I sighed to myself and got up from the floor where I had been sitting with Henry, my bear. I nearly smiled because of the name. I remembered that Yesung wanted it to be Yesung Jr. but I figured I only needed one Yesung. My one and only.

 

Looking at myself in the mirror, I noticed the bags under my eyes, a tired look, and how messy I was. Tangled hair that was in knots with a stained white shirt that had a hole in it. When did that happen? If I was going to Yesung's funeral, I at least had to try to look okay. Otherwise I'd get more worried looks and more teary eyes with sadness coating them. Maybe a little concealer would help...

 

I picked out a decent garment and picked up underclothes on my way to the bathroom to shower. I had to brace myself for what I was about to see.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

The coffin is closed. By God, the coffin is sealed shut.

 

I'd frozen at the entrance to the hall, people sitting in rows facing forward, listening to a speech of how wonderful Yesung was. Which he was. But I was stuck there, focusing on the very just extremely small detail that I couldn't see Yesung's face for the last time. Because the coffin was closed. I felt my bottom lip quiver and I bit down on it to make it stop. But it wouldn't, and I looked down at my feet. Things like these aren't supposed to happen...

 

"Minhee..." I heard someone whisper to me before taking a hold of my hand and pulling me away from where I was standing. I didn't bother looking up, knowing full well who it would be.

 

"Kyuhyun..." I started sobbing. He pulled me into a hug and I buried my face into his chest. "Kyu, why?" I cried, knowing that was a dumb question. I knew why Yesung had died. Why he had to leave us. Cancer. Leukemia to be specific. I knew all this, yet it hurt because...he never told me. I had to hear it from someone else. Because Yesung had been gone on "family business" at the time. And when it came to his family, things were always precarious.

 

"It's okay." Kyuhyun my hair and I peeked up at him, noticing that we were no longer even in the room with the guy giving the speech. I nodded and attempted to wipe away my tears, only to have them replaced by new ones. Kyuhyun did the favor of drying them once again with a cloth napkin.

 

"It's okay." he repeated. But I didn't know what he meant. Okay to cry maybe? Okay that Yesung was gone? Definitely not. I'll go with the first one. But still, nothing seemed okay at the time. And I knew Kyuhyun was just trying to help.

 

"Thank you." I said, taking a step back, keeping the white lace cloth in my hand to dry off the tears that were to come.

 

"It's nothing." He took my hand and escorted me back into the hall, this time having me sit with him, not near the front, but not near the back. In the middle, where everything was visible to you and you were visible to everyone, but nobody bothered to look at you anyways because they were too busy dabbing at their own tears and smeared make-up.

 

I scanned the room. Everyone was crying softly, trying not to let it show too much. Yeah, Yesung was loved that much. By everyone. "He was a good boy" is what I'd hear the people we knew say. Even Umma trusted Yesung with lots of stuff. She didn't need to tell him rules with me. He knew them already. I glanced over at Kyuhyun and even he had teary eyes. Yesung was our best friend. My boyfriend, but his best friend. And Kyuhyun and I were friends too. We were a trio.

 

And then I noticed. In a corner of the room. The far left side. The only ones who weren't crying...Yesung's parents? Not possible. I must've seen wrong. But no, checking again, staring maybe. Under his Umma's eyes was not a single tear, nor smeared make up. And his dad sat still as a stone. Impossible. But Jongwoon wasn't there either, Yesung's twin. How could he...?

 

Music started and Kyuhyun pulled me to stand up. It was time to sing the last song. But I still couldn't believe Yesung's family. Simply unbelievable. And before I knew it, I was headed out the door, outside, and down into the snow. I sat next to the swing set that was there for kids to use. I didn't even bother using the seat. Because these tears of mine just wouldn't stop falling.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

TO BE CONTINUED...

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

PREVIEW OF NEXT CHAPTER:

 

He pressed his lips to mine softly. Mere heaven. But stupid me by impulse pushed him away and started running. Only to end up falling down face first into the snow. I could hear his laugh behind me approaching.

"Yah~! Don't come closer!" I warned.

-

-

"I'm talking to you, ." She emphasized the word as I heard her heels clicking on the floor, getting louder as she made her way over to me. She stopped next to me and pulled my arm, forcing me to face her. My heart was beating so quickly I thought it would burst out my chest.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey everyone~! How's this for a first chapter? I hope you're all going to follow this story now. I'm trying hard to write this the best I can so you guys can enjoy it! Leave a comment, if you haven't already then subscribe, and if you like me at all add me as a friend~! Comments only take a second and make me very happy so I can keep on writing. Seriously, comments are a good push. ^^