Minzy Sensei

How To Get A Girl

 

 

 

“So wait.” Dong Wook paused in his laughing to wipe tears from his eyes. “You’re saying that he followed you home after that?! AHAHAHAH!”

Minzy sulked, watching his brother nearly pee himself laughing due to her misfortune. “Oppa, how can you be so heartless?! He’s still standing outside, waiting for me to accept his stupid offer!”

Dong Wook, still laughing, went over to the window and peered out. Sure enough, Minseok was standing contently in front of their household, smiling like he had just won the lottery. “Ah, yep. Kid doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere any time soon. Should I toss him a sleeping bag?”

“That’s why I’m saying you’ve got to get him to leave! He chased me home. Like literally chased me, I was running full speed away from him. I’m sure we looked like a pair of idiots.”

Dong Wook smiled sympathetically at his clearly distressed little sister. “Look, it won’t do any good if I tell him to leave. He has to hear it from your own mouth.”

“What the hell do you THINK I’ve been telling him?!”

 

~FLASHBACK~

 

“Minzy!” He yelled, bowing over into a perfect 90 degrees. “Will you please teach me how to get girls?”

…You’ve got to be ing kidding me.

“Are you out of your mind?” The words left Minzy’s mouth before she could stop them. Not that she would have tried to stop them anyways.

What the hell is this guy thinking?

Surprisingly, or unsurprisingly, judging by how weird this guy seemed to be, he looked undeterred. In fact, he looked pretty satisfied, while responding.

“Nope!”

“Is this some kind of prank?”

“Definitely not.”

Minzy stared unbelievingly at the adorable boy in front of her.

Wow, so I finally get approached by an attractive boy, and it’s because he wants my help getting other girls. Fate is cruel.

Minzy looked at the smiling boy in front of her, suddenly feeling exhausted.

“Look, I’m not going to teach you how to get girls or whatever, ok?”

His smile never even faltered. “I can wait until you decide to change your mind!”

Minzy felt her left eyebrow twitch. “Change my…No, did you not hear what I just said? I’m not helping you!” She growled, agitated by the way he always seemed to be smiling like something good was happening. “Why the hell are you still smiling?!”

“Because I know you’ll change your mind!”

“Just what makes you so damn sure?!”

“Because you’re a kind person Minzy.” Minseok looked at Minzy with something in his eyes that she couldn’t decipher. Something no one had ever looked at her with before. For some reason, it made her kind of fidgety. “All of the girls think you’re a cool, mysterious, detached goddess.” Minzy gave him a weird look. “Their words, not mine. Anyways, I’m saying that I know that’s not true.” Minseok walked towards her, until Minzy’s back hit her locker. “I know that you’re a person with just as many feelings as anyone else, more than some in fact. That’s why I know that you wouldn’t hesitate to help out someone in need. I’ve been watching you Minzy…”

Minzy’s mind began to wander as Minseok continued to talk.

Watching me? He’s been watching…me?

Minzy was suddenly aware of how close he was standing to her. Her eyes slipped down to glance at his open mouth and she wondered, peculiarly, how his full, pink lips would feel against hers. Turning her head to the side to shamefully clear her thoughts as her face began to turn noticeably pink, she cut Minseok off, mid-speech.

“A-Anyways, I’ve already told you that I’m not going to help you and the sooner you get that into your head, the better for both of us. Now get out of here before some girls see you talking to me, and attack you or something.” Minzy turned and began to walk down the hall, relaxing until she heard footsteps behind her. Turning around, she was slightly freaked out to see Minseok following closely behind her.

What. The. .

Minzy sped up, taking note of the fact that the footsteps behind her began to sound quicker as well. Panicking, she burst into a run as soon as she hit the front entrance of the school, and noted, with a considerable amount of dismay, that he was running after her.

Great. So not only did a cute boy ask me to help him get other girls, he’s also a stalker. Just what the hell did I ever do to deserve this?!

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

*DING DONG*

“I’ll get it!” Minzy yelled, running down the stairs. Opening the front door, she swiftly pulled a confused looking Chaerin into her house. She decided that she wouldn’t notice Minseok standing a few meters away, waving and smiling happily. Slamming the door shut, she continued to pull Chaerin along until they reached her bedroom. Closing the door behind her, she let out a breath she hadn’t realized she was holding.

“Um. Wanna tell me why there’s a boy standing outside your house? And where are Bom and Dara?” Chaerin sat down on the bed.

Minzy sunk down onto the floor, leaning up against the door. “They’re not coming, I only called you. And he’s…it’s a long story.”

Chaerin seemed suddenly more energetic as she leaned forward, smiling at Minzy. “You called just me?”

“Yeah, why?” Minzy eyed Chaerin suspiciously. “You’re not going to be weird about this, are you?”

“Of course not! Anything to help out a good friend.” Chaerin leaned back contently. “Now, what’s up with ‘Smiles’ out there?”

Minzy laughed lightly and began to explain the story of what had happened to Chaerin. By the end, Chaerin was nodding, with a slight frown on her face.

“So yeah.” Minzy finished. “I don’t know what to do, he just won’t go away!”

“Hm.”

“What? What is it, do you have an idea?” Minzy looked up at Chaerin, a silent plea in her big round eyes. Chaerin looked away, blushing slightly.

“Well, yes.” Minzy perked up. “But you won’t like it.” Minzy frowned.

“Hit me. It can’t be any worse than what I’ve tried so far.”

“Well…I think you should say yes.”

Minzy blinked. “…Come again? I don’t think I heard you correctly.”

Chaerin coughed and cleared , looking at the floor uncertainly. “I-I said that you should say yes.”

“…Were you not listening to the story I told you earlier? Why the hell would I say yes?”

“Think about it Minzy!” Chaerin got up, exasperated, and crouched down in front of the distraught looking girl. “This could work in your favour if you play things right!”

Minzy looked up at Chaerin skeptically. “Care to explain?”

“All you have to do is teach Minseok how to get girls better than you can. You have to make him a bigger chick magnet than you, and then girls will eventually stop flocking to you and go to him instead! You have to make him, you. But a better you.”

“Wow Chae, that was…the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard.” Minzy deadpanned. Chaerin shrugged.

“Take it or leave it. I think it’s pretty ingenious if you ask me.”

Minzy groaned, shaking her head. “How would I even pull that off? I don’t understand why I’m like this, and I highly doubt I can make someone else into this.”

“You’ll figure it out Minzy. I have a lot of confidence in you. You have a lot of perseverance, and you don’t give up easily. That’s one of the reasons why I like you.” Minzy looked at Chaerin. “I mean, as a friend! That’s why I like you as a friend!” Chaerin stuttered, blushing furiously. She was instantly silenced as Minzy wrapped her arms around her, embracing her.

“Thank you…unnie.” Chaerin smiled at the random use of the honorific coming from Minzy. She placed her arms carefully around her shoulders, hugging her back.

“Minzy, can I just ask one question?”

“Go ahead.”

“Why didn’t you call Bom or Dara?”

Minzy sighed, leaning back. “They’re my best friends too and I love you all equally but Bom would have already strangled the poor guy to death, and Dara, well if he got into a heated conversation with her, then he probably wouldn’t come out of his room for weeks. He might even move to North Korea, he’d be that traumatised. You seemed to be the most understanding of the 3.”

Chaerin laughed at Minzy’s examples, nodding understandingly as she stood up. Minzy stood up as well, ready to wish her friend a good night, but noticed that she looked kind of nervous for some reason.

“Chae, are you ok?”

Chaerin nodded, turning to look at Minzy dead in the eye.

“Before I go, can I ask you one last thing?”

Worried by the sudden serious demeanor of Chaerin, Minzy nodded instantly.

“Of course. What’s wrong?”

Chaerin looked at the ground, blushing madly as her face broke into a sheepish grin. “Do you think you could give me a good bye kiss on the cheek?”

Minzy sighed.

Some things will never change.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Minseok stood outside of Minzy’s house, enjoying the scenery.

Her neighbourhood is so pretty!

Had he been waiting outside for long? Yes, but he wasn’t worried in the slightest. He knew Minzy would eventually accept, and he’d wait outside of her house for as many days as it took, he was just that confident. Glancing curiously at his surroundings, his attention snapped back to Minzy’s front door as he heard it being opened, and he noticed one of Minzy’s friends happily leaving, her cheeks flushed, and a slight skip in her step.

Wow, Minzy just knows how to make everyone’s day! Hopefully I can experience the same joy as that girl.

His stomach growled.

Sometime soon, too.

He shrugged, smiling contently. As he looked back at Minzy’s front door, he realized that it was still open, just enough for him to see Minzy’s face peering thoughtfully at him. When she finally noticed that he had caught her staring, she scowled at him, causing him to giggle and wave at her. When she slammed the front door shut in response, he only giggled harder. A few moments passed and the light came on in a room upstairs.

I wonder if that’s Minzy’s room.

Watching the source of light, the silhouette of a girl came into sight, but her defining features were obscured by the curtain hanging in front of the window. She paced around in front of the window for a few moments before she roughly yanked the curtain back and Minseok grinned as he felt Minzy’s familiar glare land on him. What he didn’t expect was for Minzy to throw the window open and inhale deeply, getting ready to yell something at him.

“MINSEOK, YOU FREAK! I’LL ING DO IT SO GET LOST ALREADY!” She then slammed the window shut, her face burning, panting heavily. Minseok stood bemused, his mouth hanging open. He hadn’t expected her to accept this quickly! But no matter, she said yes and that was all he cared about. Pumping his fist into the air a couple of times, he opened his mouth in a silent victory scream, and dashed down the street, making his way home. Looks like he wasn’t skipping out on dinner tonight after all.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

Minzy stumbled into the front gate, feeling tired as hell. She hadn’t caught a single wink of sleep that night because she had been too busy worrying about how she was going to make Minseok into, well, her. She glanced over at a group of girls who were staring at her. Suddenly feeling experimental, she winked seductively at them. They all stopped moving. One passed out. Suddenly, the ones left standing began squealing and jumping up and down, causing Minzy to frown. She briskly walked over to them.

“Ok, but why are you guys reacting that way?” She asked one of the girls who looked as though she was going to wet herself from sheer excitement. Minzy was growing more and more frustrated. She honestly didn’t get it! “Just what is it about me that makes you guys go crazy?!”

“Whoa there, what’s going on here?” A voice asked disapprovingly from behind Minzy. She turned around angrily, frowning at Bom. Bom ignored the look Minzy was giving her and stepped in front of her, placing herself in between Minzy and her fangirls. “Are these things bothering you love?”

“No Bom, I was the one who approached them.”

“Yeah!” One of the girls, who appeared to not have liked being called a ‘thing’, sneered at Bom. “Minzy came to us, so screw off hag!” She was silenced by a glare from Bom.

Bom turned around, tugging on Minzy’s sleeve for her to follow. “Come Minzy, something is making the air around here…dirty.” She pointedly looked at the girl who had spoken out. Minzy looked back at the girls, mouthing an apology before allowing herself to be taken away. When they had finally reached Dara and Chaerin, Bom turned to Minzy and pouted cutely. “Minzy! Why were you over there talking to them?”

“None of your business Bom.”

“It is too my business! My business is your business and vice versa.”

“I don’t particularly care about your business though.”

“How cruel!” Bom sniffled dramatically, wiping away nonexistent tears with her manicured nails. Minzy rolled her eyes, and yawned loudly. Chaerin moved closer to her and patted her on the back.

“Didn’t get enough sleep last night?”

“How could I have? I took your advice.”

“Oh?” The two continued their own conversation as Dara and Bom stared at them suspiciously.

“When did you two get so close?” Bom interrupted jealously. Chaerin opened to make up and excuse but Minzy beat her to the punch.

“We were always this close. But she came over to my house yesterday.”

Dara frowned. “Why weren’t we invited?” She looked over at Chaerin accusingly who was busy staring at the ground.

“I don’t know.” Minzy smiled teasingly. “Maybe it’s because she’s closer to my age.” Bom gasped, offended, and Dara continued to glare accusingly at Chaerin. “You know, you guys are both in grade 12, Chaerin is in grade 11, and I’m in grade 10. Maybe it’s time I start hanging out with people closer to my own age. You guys are graduating next year after all.” Bom shook her head frantically and Dara’s eyes began to well up with tears. Both of them looked absolutely wounded. Minzy rolled her eyes, feeling a tad bit remorseful. Grabbing their hands and giving them reassuring squeezes, she smiled at them. “Jeez, I’m just joking. Stop freaking out, I wouldn’t actually do that.”

Dara sniffled a few times, squeezing her hand back. “Good. Because I don’t know what we’d do without you! We’re a quartet, and we’ve always stuck together and we always will stick together! Promise!” The three other girls chorused a few words of ‘I promise’ and ‘Definitely’, and gathered together for a group hug.

“Alright.” Minzy began, breaking away from the hug first. “I’ve had enough feelings for this morning. Let’s go to class, ok?” The girls began to walk inside, chatting and gossiping happily. Chaerin was the first to look up and notice someone walking their way. Glancing worriedly at Minzy, she nudged her slightly, bringing her attention to Minseok who was currently heading in their direction. “Um guys, I just remembered that I have to go hand something in, but the classroom is in the opposite direction so I’ll meet up with you guys later!”

“But-” Bom began.

“Oh yeah! I remember you talking about that earlier!” Chaerin interrupted, pulling Bom and Dara away. “See you later Minzy! Good luck!

Minzy nodded and jogged over to Minseok, who was beaming at her happily. “Good morning Minzy!”

Minzy scowled, agitated by his good mood so early in the morning. “Yeah yeah. Meet me at my house after school. I’m sure you already know the way by now so we’ll be heading there separately. I don’t want people getting suspicious.” She turned to walk away.

“Ok! Do I have to bring anything?” Minseok called out to her.

She stopped and turned around, scrutinizing him from head to toe. “No, you uh, you can come just like that.”

He nodded happily, waving at her as she turned back around to leave. “Bye Minzy!”

Minzy sighed to herself, walking away.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

Minseok rang Minzy’s doorbell exactly 15 minutes after she arrived home. She begrudgingly opened the door and led him into the main living room. There, she set up a whiteboard with the words “How To Get A Girl” written on the front cover. Taking a meter stick, she slapped the words, eyeing him as he sat down on the couch and took out a notebook, staring at her in anticipation.

“How to get a girl.” Minzy spoke. “In 3 simple lessons. I’ve done a lot of thinking, and I’ve come to the conclusion that there are 3 major factors that contribute to one’s abilities to attract a member of the female .” Minseok nodded, writing down jot dots in his notebook as Minzy continued. “The first lesson that we will cover today is fashion. Girls are very visual creatures. Before you can approach one, they must accept your appearance.”

Minseok looked up, grinning. “So am I covered on that then?”

Minzy snorted before composing herself. “Um, no. Have you looked in a mirror?” Minseok looked down at his clothes questioningly. “No girl wants to date a guy who dresses better and/or more feminine than she does.”

Minseok stared down at his clothes, disappointedly. “But this is basically what all of my outfits look like!”

Minzy groaned. “Are you serious? You have nothing else?” Minseok nodded. “Oh boy. Ok, come on, get up.”

“Where are we going?” Minzy looked at him as if he was crazy before she ran over to the stairs and called out to her brother, letting him know that she was going out. After receiving confirmation, she walked over to the front door, looking back at Minseok and motioning for him to follow. Going into her garage, she pulled out a big black motorcycle, sat down on it and tossed a helmet at Minseok, who caught it easily. “Wait, Minzy. You never said where we were going.”

Adjusting her helmet, she looked up at Minseok, a glint in her eyes. “The mall, obviously. Now get on loser. We’re going shopping.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

“Minzy, I didn’t know you owned a bike!” Minseok said in awe as Minzy went through racks and racks of clothes, occasionally handing him a shirt, or a pair of pants. “And you’re really good at driving it too!”

She chuckled slightly. “Thanks, my older brother taught me how to ride, then gave me one for my 15th birthday.”

“I didn’t know you had an older brother.”

“Why would you? But yeah, his name is Dong Wook.”

Minseok gasped. “Dong Wook? Like Choi Dong Wook?!”

Minzy gave him a look. “Yeah…?”

“Oh my gosh, he’s like a legend at our high school!”

“Oh yeah?” Minzy asked with blatant disinterest.

“Yeah! Does he still go by his nickname Se7en? The one he got for dating 7 girls consecutively at the same time without any of them knowing?”

Minzy chuckled, tossing another shirt at him. “He better not. He’s got Han Byeol unnie now.”

“Wow, Han Byeol noona is a legend too! She was so beautiful and kind back when she was in high school.”

Minzy rolled her eyes at him. “Wow, if she wasn’t already married to my brother, than I’d say you should go for her.”

Minseok laughed enthusiastically and Minzy couldn’t help but join in. When the laughter died down, Minzy ushered Minseok over to the change rooms.

“Hey Minzy?”

“Hm?”

“Your last name is Gong, right?”

“Yeah, why?”

Minseok cocked his head to the side. “So then why do you and Se7en hyung have different last names?”

Minzy looked carefully over at him. “…We have different mothers.”

“Oh, so then which one of you has your father’s last name?”

A vein was beginning to pulsate in Minzy’s forehead. “Neither of us.” She answered curtly.

“How come?”

“WHY DO YOU ASK SO MANY DAMN QUESTIONS?” Minzy suddenly snapped, causing Minseok to blink at her in slight shock and worry. “DOES IT MATTER WHAT NAME I HAVE? CAN YOU JUST SHUT UP AND TRY THE ING CLOTHES ON SO WE CAN GET OUT OF HERE?!”

Minseok paused before nodding slowly and entering the change room. Minzy breathed out hard, and sat down on a stool opposite to the room Minseok entered. She hung her head in her hands, her thoughts racing.

Idiot, you weren’t supposed to yell at him. Anyone would be curious, you should have just remained calm instead of freaking out like that. Now he probably hates you, or thinks you’re a . And he has every right to.

Minzy was so deeply lost in her thoughts that she didn’t notice Minseok come out of his change room, staring apologetically at her.

“Minzy.” He called out softly. He head whipped up and she looked at him, fear blatant in her eyes. His heart ached for causing her to make such a face and he looked away, feeling guilty. “I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have been nosey like that.”

Minzy stood up abruptly, almost knocking over her stool in the process. “No! It’s not your fault at all! I…I just flipped out on you for absolutely no reason. You didn’t do anything wrong at all, I’m the one who’s sorry.” She looked at the floor in shame.

Minseok almost wanted to laugh. Minzy looked like a little girl who was getting scolded for staying up past her bedtime, it was so adorable. He smiled softly at her. “Let’s just both agree to be sorry, and both agree to forgive one another.”

“Deal.” Minzy said, returning his smile a bit hesitantly. “If you want…I can tell you why we don’t have our father’s last name.”

“My ears are open, but don’t feel pressured to tell me anything.”

“No, I don’t feel pressured at all…I want to tell you. If you’re ok with listening, that is.” Minzy sat back down on the stool, and Minseok crouched down in front of her. “So, Dong Wook oppa and I have different mothers. When Dong Wook was young, his mother died in a car crash. A few years later, our father remarried, and then I was born soon after that. Unfortunately, my mother died during child birth.” Minzy paused, taking a deep breath to calm her emotions. Minseok patted her knee reassuring her that she could stop at any time. Still, she continued on. “So then, when I was around 10 years old, and Dong Wook oppa was nearing his final years of high school, appa remarried one last time. By then, I had reached the age where girls and women were starting to take notice of me. The woman that appa married was no different.” Minzy’s eyes were beginning to fill with tears, and Minseok pulled her down to the floor so he could cradle her in his arms. “She was so kind at first. She was the first person I ever called umma. She would spoil me, take me places, buy me things. I honestly loved her like a daughter loves her mother. B-but then one day she changed. She…she tried to do things to me, things mothers don’t do to their daughters.” Tears flowed freely down Minzy’s face as Minseok rocked her gently back and forth. “A-And when I tried to tell appa? He got mad at me and told me I was trying to ruin another one of his marriages. He blamed me for my mother’s death, and accused me of trying to take away all of his happiness. I told Dong Wook oppa, and at that time he was in a relationship with Han Byeol unnie, and when he graduated from high school, him and unnie moved in together and took me with them. I haven’t seen my father and that woman since.” Minzy cried into Minseok’s shoulder as he simply held her, allowing her to do so.

“People can be so sick.” He spat out after a moment. Minzy was shocked to hear just how much venom was put into that sentence. She wasn’t even aware that Minseok could get mad over anything, he was so happy all the time. So then why did he look so furious now? It couldn’t be for her sake, could it? Shaking her head, she stood up, laughing through her tears and sniffles.

“Ah, damn. Now we have to buy that shirt.” She said, pointing at the tear stain in the shoulder of the shirt Minseok was trying on. “It looks good on you by the way.” Minseok stood up slowly, staring hard at Minzy who was beginning to feel uncomfortable with the serious atmosphere. “C-Come on, don’t you have more clothes to try on?” Turning around, she stopped as Minseok grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into his arms, enveloping her into a tight embrace.

“Minzy. I’m so sorry.” He whispered into her ear, causing goose bumps to form on her neck and arms. “I promise, as long as I’m around, I’ll never let anything or anyone hurt you.” Minzy closed her eyes, feeling herself relax in his arms when suddenly the realization of why they were even hanging out in the first place popped back into her mind. She quickly slipped out of his arms and lightly punched him on the shoulder.

“Geez, what are you saying?” She laughed, a noise that sounded fake even to her own ears. Minseok looked at her sadly. “Come on.” She said finally with resolve. “We came here to find you clothes that will make you a babe magnet, so let’s go.” Striding out, she didn’t even wait for a response from Minseok. A few moments later, she heard footsteps fall into a steady rhythm beside her. Sighing softly, she internally face palmed herself.

Come on Minzy. Don’t be stupid, falling for him would be the stupidest thing you could even think to do. Wise the up and get a hold of yourself.

Steeling her jaw, she walked forward with renewed focus and determination. She wasn’t going to make the same mistakes as she did in the past.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Minzy, you look terrible!”

“ing thanks Bom.”

“Another sleepless night?” Chaerin asked. Minzy had arrived to school looking more unkempt than the day before and her friends were beginning to worry. Minzy nodded at Chaerin, yawning.

“Something like that.”

Dara ruffled Minzy’s hair, figuring it would do no harm since her hair was already pretty messy that day. “If there’s anything going on, you know you can talk to us!” Minzy smiled up at Dara, about to reassure her that she was fine when suddenly a voice called out her name loudly. Minzy’s smile dropped as she turned around to see Minseok jogging towards her happily. She quickly turned around to make eye contact with Chaerin whose face probably mirrored hers at the moment; panicked. Minzy turned back around slowly to look at Minseok with a cross mix between a grimace and a smile. Through gritted teeth, she greeted him.

“Minseok. Hey. What exactly do you think you’re doing here?” She said with a friendly tone, but since her back was to her friends, she made threatening faces at Minseok. This seemed to make him smile even wider as he peered behind Minzy to wave at her friends who made no move to respond. He shrugged, returning his attention to Minzy.

“I was just wondering when you wanted me to come over today.” Minzy cringed as she heard a loud gasp come from behind her. Bom stomped up to Minseok and glared up at him.

“What the hell did you just say?” Bom snarled, ready to attack this seemingly random boy that dared act familiar with her Minzy. Minzy calmly placed herself between Bom and Minseok, pushing Bom back slightly.

“Bom, relax. We’re partners for a project in class so he’s coming over today to work on it.” Minzy explained, glancing at Minseok to play along. “In fact, he was over yesterday and he stayed late. That’s why I’m so tired today.” Minseok nodded enthusiastically. Bom glared at him, pushing past Minzy to poke him in the chest.

“If I hear that you so much as touch a strand of hair on Minzy’s head, I’ll make your life such a living hell, you won’t be able to differentiate between real hell and this place when you die.”

“Ok.” Chaerin walked over and pulled Bom away. “That’s enough.” Turning around to smile sarcastically at Minseok, she yelled out, “It was nice meeting you! Take care of Minzy!”

Dara stood, glaring at Minseok before Minzy turned around and gave her a look. Relenting, Dara turned to go. “You heard what she said. Check yourself kid or else you’re dead.” She then strutted away, following Chaerin and Bom.

“So.” Minseok smiled brightly at Minzy. “I think your friends are warming up to me!”

Minzy smacked her forehead, groaning before she walked away, leaving Minseok smiling after her.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Ok, so before we cover lesson two today, we have some things to talk about.” Minzy began, once Minseok had seated himself on her couch. “First, what the hell was that all about this morning?”

Minseok looked innocently up at her. “I wanted to meet your friends!”

“Why couldn’t you have asked me about meeting them first?”

“Because I figured you would say no.”

“Well you were right. And you’re not allowed to do that again.”

“Do what, talk to your friends?”

“No. Well, yes but also no. You’re not allowed to talk to my friends or me during school.”

Minseok looked heartbroken. “What? Why?” He whined.

Because my friends and the rest of the girls in school will throw your body into a lake.

“Because I said so.” Minzy stated, with an absolute tone.

Minseok pouted and crossed his arms. “Ok, well then I have a question.”

“About what?”

“Bom, Dara and Chaerin are all older than you, right?” Minzy nodded, confirming it was true. “So then, why don’t you address them with any honorifics? You call all of them by their first names, doesn’t that bother them?”

Minzy pondered over this for a moment. It was true, she didn’t really address them with unnie or anything. “I don’t know, we’ve never really had that type of relationship. Chaerin is younger than Bom and Dara and she doesn’t address them with honorifics either. That’s just the way our friendship works, we think of ourselves as equals I guess.”

“So does that mean you’re never going to call me oppa?” Minseok asked in a serious tone.

“Oppa?” Minzy laughed. “Why would I call someone younger than me, oppa?”

“I’m not younger than you! I’m in grade 11!” Minseok said indignantly. Minzy’s jaw dropped.

“You’re older than me?” Minseok nodded proudly. “This whole time I thought you were in grade 9!”

Minseok pouted adorably. “Why would you think that?”

“Because you’re so cu-” Minzy stopped suddenly, covering . The word ‘cute’ had almost come rushing out of . Lost in her own panicking thoughts, she didn’t notice Minseok move closer and closer to her, an out-of-character mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Because I’m so what, Minzy?” He asked slowly, his mouth forming an impish grin.

“Um.” Minzy answered intelligently. “No-nothing. Let’s, um, get back to the lesson, ok?” She turned around, taking deep breathes. Minseok smirked and returned to his seat on the couch. “Ok.” Minzy began, pointing at the white board. This time, a drawing of a guy talking to a girl who appeared to be swooning over him was depicted on the white expanse. “Today’s lesson will cover conversation and attitude.”

Minseok smiled widely. “Ok, then I should have these two down, right?”

Minzy made a buzzer noise with . “Wrong. You’re too…girlish and nice.” Minseok opened his mouth to object, but Minzy cut him off, taking a meter stick and smacking it on the table. “Quiet, the clothes that we bought you yesterday make you seem masculine so you have to have an attitude that will match that.” Minseok closed his mouth and sat back, pouting. “And stop pouting. Guys don’t pout.” Minseok stuck his tongue out at her and received a whack on the leg from the meter stick. “Ok, so I wasn’t sure of how to teach you the proper mannerisms and conversational techniques required to attract a girl, so I figured I would demonstrate it for you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m going to pick up a random girl, and you’re going to take notes on how it’s done.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Go sit over there.” Minzy said, pointing to a bench a little ways away from her, but still close enough so that Minseok would be able to hear her speak. Minzy had decided that the park would be the best place to demonstrate as many people passed through it frequently. Waiting until Minseok was seated, Minzy’s eyes began to roam over the park, looking for a test subject. Spotting a girl who appeared to be a few years older than her, she smoothly made her way over, ‘accidentally’ bumping into her shoulder, causing the girl to drop the books she was holding, onto the floor. “Oh, I’m so sorry. Are you ok?” Minzy spoke, bending down to assist the girl in retrieving her books. The girl looked at Minzy and blushed, flustered.

“I-It’s ok!” She squeaked. Minzy chuckled, her voice husky. The girl’s face flushed harder and she looked down, reaching for the last one of her books. Minzy reached for the book at the same time and their hands touched. The girl made to pull away, but Minzy grasped her hand, holding it in place.

“You’re so cute. Won’t you tell me your name?”

“T-T-T-Tiffany.” She whispered. Minzy smiled and stood up slowly, pulling Tiffany with her. Never breaking eye contact, Minzy took the remaining books from her arms.

“Let me help you. I’ll walk you to your car.” Tiffany nodded eagerly and the two walked off towards the parking lot and disappeared from Minseok’s sight. When Minzy returned, she had a pink lipstick mark on her cheek and a number was scrawled onto the back of her hand. Minseok stood up and began a slow clap for her. Minzy took a mock bow and sat down on the bench, looking exhausted.

“Oh my gosh, Minzy you’re like god tier at picking girls up!” Minzy nodded wearily. Minseok grabbed her hand and turned it over, looking in awe at the phone number Tiffany had wrote. “Are you going to call her?”

Minzy snatched her hand back, angrily. “Why the hell would I?” Suddenly, a light bulb went on inside Minzy’s head. “Do you want it?” Minseok’s eyes widened and he shook his head. “Why not? I think you guys could look cute together. You know, you haven’t even told me what your type is yet.” Minseok remained quiet. “What’s the matter, do you have some weird type of ?”

Minseok pouted, blushing slightly. “N-no!”

“Then tell me what your type is! It’ll be a hell of a lot easier for you if you try all of these things out on someone you’re actually attracted to.”

“W-Well what about you? Were you attracted to Tiffany?”

“What the , no. Like you said, I’m god tier. Unfortunately it’s just second nature for me to pick a girl up.” Minseok nodded, still amazed by Minzy’s skills. “Alright, let’s head back. And when we get to my house, I want you to write me 3 paragraphs on what you think I did to make Tiffany fall for me. Use concrete evidence.”

Minseok began to whine. “But Minzy!”

“Shut it.” She hissed, rubbing at the back of her hand. “I need to go scrub my hands, I think this used permanent marker.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Good morning sunshine.” Dara greeted Minzy, hugging her when she arrived at school.

“Hey Dara.” Minzy smiled, hugging her back. Chaerin beamed at her.

“You look better today!”

“Thanks, Minseok didn’t stay over as late last night.”

Bom pouted. “So when are you guys going to be finished your project?”

“I don’t know, soon I guess?”

“How soon is soon?”

“Bom.” Chaerin interrupted. “Leave her alone, it’s too early for this.”

“No!” Bom yelled, stomping her foot. Turning to Minzy, she grabbed her by the shoulders. “You’ve been looking worse and worse since you started hanging out with that piece of ! He’s no good for you Minzy, and the sooner you finish that project, the better!” Bom stomped off angrily.

“What was that all about?” Minzy turned to Dara and Chaerin, confused.

“She got into a fight with Seunghyun, but she wouldn’t tell us about what.” Dara explained. “All I know is that she’s been in a really bad mood ever since then, and I guess the fact that it seems like you’re making new friends without her is bothering her.” Minzy looked guiltily towards the direction Bom left in.

“Aw man. I’ll go talk to her.” Minzy walked off, trying to find Bom. Asking a few people here and there, she eventually found Bom sitting on a sink in the girl’s bathroom. Walking over, she sat down next to her and Bom rested her head on Minzy’s shoulder. “I heard you got into a fight with Seunghyun.” Minzy spoke, breaking the silence. Bom sniffled, laughing slightly.

“He’s such an idiot. You know what he told me? I told him that you and Minseok were hanging out lately and he said that you guys were probably dating, and I told him that you would tell me if you were dating anyone and then he told me that things change and that maybe we’re growing apart. I told him that would never happen and then he got mad at me and told me that I needed to stop clinging to you, and that I was probably a nuisance to you. That’s not true, right Minzy? Am I bothering you?”

Minzy looked down tenderly at Bom. “Of course not. We’re best friends and we’ll remain as such forever.”

“Are you dating Minseok?”

“No. Truthfully though? I’m teaching him how to get girls.”

Bom laughed. “Really? How’s that going?”

“I have absolutely no clue to be honest.”

Both Bom and Minzy laughed for a while, before it died down, and there was silence once again.

“Minzy, do you like him?”

Minzy paused for a moment. “I don’t know.”

Bom nodded understandingly. “Well, if you two ever do start dating, make sure he knows that you were mine first, and that I know of a great body disposal method if he ever gets out of hand.” Minzy laughed, hugging Bom.

“Thank you Bom.”

“Anytime sweetheart.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“I’m home!” Minzy called, walking through the front door. Dong Wook was sitting in the living room, reading a novel. He looked up and smiled at his little sister.

“You look happy.” He got up, placing a kiss on her forehead. She smiled up at him.

“Really? Life has been good lately.”

“Oh? Does it have anything to do with your ‘friend’ that has been coming over lately?” He asked, moving his eyebrows up and down suggestively. She giggled and playfully hit his arm.

“Oppa! Speaking of which, he’s coming over today so I need the living room again if that’s ok.” Dong Wook shrugged and patted her on the head. Making his way up the stairs, he called out.

“Make good choices! Use a !”

“Oppa, shut up!” Minzy waited patiently for Minseok to arrive. Like always, he rang her doorbell exactly 15 minutes after she arrived home. Opening the door, she ushered him inside. “Ok, so today is the last lesson. Here’s where you put together the use of fashion, attitude and conversation.” Sitting him down on the couch, Minzy pointed at the whiteboard. The word ‘DATE’ was written in large, fancy letters with hearts surrounding it. Minseok nodded, writing it down in his notebook. “But, before we can get to that, I need to ask you a very serious question.” Minseok looked up at her expectantly. “What’s your ideal type?”

Minseok blushed, looking down. “I-I don’t have a type.”

“Nonsense, everyone has a type that they tend to lean towards. What do your past girlfriends have in common?”

Minseok frowned marginally. “Nothing.”

“What do you mean nothing?” Minzy asked, her voice raising. She was beginning to get annoyed. “There’s got to have been something! Hair, speech pattern, personality, clothes, anything!”

“Nothing! There’s nothing in common because I haven’t had a girlfriend before.” Minseok hung his head in shame. Minzy instantly felt bad for embarrassing him.

“It’s no big deal you know. Lots of people haven’t dated before. It’s really not all that great.” Minzy awkwardly tried to fix the uncomfortable mood she had created.

Minseok sniffed, looking up at her. “Have you ever had a boyfriend?” Hesitantly, Minzy nodded. “Why did you guys break up?”

“He was a , so I don’t count him as a boyfriend.”

“What happened?”

“…He was gay. But he didn’t want to tell his parents, so he dated me because I was the next best thing.” Minzy laughed bitterly. “So yeah, our relationship didn’t exactly last very long.” Minseok frowned, not saying a word. Minzy cleared and turned around. “S-So yeah, back to my point. You must have a type, right?” Silence. “Minseok?” Minzy suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist, and a chin rest itself of her shoulder. Heart racing, she shuddered as Minseok whispered into her ear.

“You. My ideal type is you.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chappie! It was a monster to write, but I hope it payed off! Did anyone notice the Mean Girls reference I threw in there? Heheheh, thanks for reading! ~