Reason 7: Who You Are is Enough

7 Reasons Why You're Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you really do that?” Yongguk asked in shock after hearing Yura’s update on how everything went down that day at her old boss’ office. “You’re amazing.”

“I am, aren’t I?” Yura asked, basking in the compliment that Yongguk gave her. 

“So, how has the job hunt been going?” Yongguk wondered. The two sat beside one another at the bar counter – how nostalgic. The first time they met was here also but the conversation then was so much more different then now.

“I have a few interviews.” Yura smiled proudly. “Wish me luck.”

“You don’t need luck.” Yongguk retorts already knowing Yura would do any job well. 

The two looked out into the dance floor and for the first time, she watched the various people present with a totally different feeling. This time, she made no physical judgments. 

“You know, Yongguk –“ She begins with her eyes set out into the club. “Recently, I have been very happy with my life.” Not that she was unhappy before, but it was a different kind of feeling she was experiencing. She felt less stifled. 

“I can tell.” Yongguk simply reply.

“Can you?” She asked in curiosity. “I’m still dressed the same way and wearing heavy makeup.” She pointed out just so he would further explain his words.

“Yes, but this time I can see you’re wearing it for yourself and not simply for others.” It is because this was what she wanted to wear.

“You’re right.” She did choose based on her own feelings and you know what? She felt beautiful and not more beautiful than when she didn’t wear these clothes or have the makeup – she felt beautiful all the time.

Though there are still moments she would compare herself to others – she was still working on it and she realized it was normal to feel that way at times.

Not paying attention to her surroundings, she missed the person that took the liberty to sit beside her. She turned to look at the man but didn’t recognize his face.

“Hey, Yura.” He grinned. 

Not wanting to be rude, she replied. “Hey.”

“You don’t recognize me do you?” He asked with a chuckle that she heard over the music.

She shook her head. “No, I’m sorry, I don’t.”

“Maybe you’ll remember when I do this –“ He reached out and placed a hand on her thigh.

Yongguk noticed and attempted to speak out.

She simply placed a hand out to stop Yongguk before speaking to the man. “Please remove your hand from me.”

He laughed, not taking her seriously.

“I feel insulted that you think you could touch me without my permission.”

He gave her a look. “I did this last time and you didn’t say anything.”

“Because I allowed it.” Yura calmly shot back. “Now, please leave me alone.” 

He ended up glaring at her and muttering, “.” He slid out of the chair and walked away in embarrassment.

“Well if that makes me a , I don’t mind being one.” Yura brushed off the whole encounter.  She’ll hang out when she wants to, she’ll allow skin contact when she wants to so when she decides she doesn’t want to, just respect her wishes. So simple, yet others find it hard to comprehend.

“Wow, you’ve changed, Yura.” Yongguk said jokingly though he silently praised her. 

“I just started seeing things in a new way.” And of course, Yongguk was also a reason why for it. She started to see things in a different light, maybe like how she told Mr. Kim to reflect – she also did some of that on her own. “Little by little I’m changing.”

“As long as you’re happy, Yura.” Yongguk adds.

“I am.” And she can honestly say that. “I’ve started to see a different kind of beauty within me.” Hoping Yongguk would understand her words but he only smiled back. “Be right back – I need to check my makeup.” She said with a laugh before leaving for the bathroom. 

It didn’t take long and Yura headed back to the bar counter once more. Her eyes set forward and only shifted when someone familiar stole her attention. And she didn’t go unnoticed by him either – his eyes had met hers.

“…Yura?” The man couldn’t exactly recognize the woman in front of him. She was completely different – she looked nothing like how she did a few years ago.

She urged her legs to move away. “You got the wrong person.” She didn’t want to face him yet.

He caught her arm before she could leave. “Yura.” He says adamantly. There was no way he could be wrong. He led her away from the crowd and into an emptier corner in the nightclub.

“What do you want, Youngjae?” She looked up at him. Never did she think this was how they would meet again.

“You’ve changed.”

He said the same words as Yongguk but why was it less satisfying to hear? “It’s obvious to change after a few years.” She simply responds before going silent once more. What exactly was the whole point of this meeting? “Did you want to say something?”

Youngjae met her eyes. “I’m not sure…maybe I just wanted to see how you’ll react after seeing me after such a long time.”

“Did you think I was going to hold a grudge for that long?” Of course, Youngjae has visited her thoughts once in a while but was she still an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter