Reason 4: Makeup isn't a Factor

7 Reasons Why You're Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my God.” Yura sighs before closing her eyes. So early in the morning and yet, she was already met with bad news. Looking up at the mirror once more, she found herself glancing at her reflection – and one flaw stood out immensely. 

Right there, right at the corner of her lips was a stressed-caused brightly irritated pimple. And the sight was irritating her.

This is all because she couldn’t sleep last night or the nights before that. Everyone knows you should have at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep and Yura considered that to be her beauty sleep. With Yongguk’s thoughts relentlessly running through her mind, those potentially beautifying hours were wasted. 

“It’s okay, Yura.” If she didn’t comfort herself, who would? “Just a little more makeup should do the trick.” And she proceeded to get ready for the day. As long as no one looks too carefully at her skin, they wouldn’t notice.

Or so she hoped.

***

Upon arriving at the company, Yura needed to report to the meeting room. The memory of last meeting plagues her mind as she remembered how her suggestion was turned down and all Yura hopes is that, it’ll be better this time.

“Yura, you look beautiful today.” 

Yura looked up to meet her boss. “Thank you.” There were those compliments Yura heard often – though there was one exception…the last meeting where Yura decided to take on Yongguk’s advice. And at that thought, Yura is placed in a somber mood once more.

“When it comes to you, this is what I look forward to the most.” He goes on.

But, that comment didn’t sit well with her? To not be mistaken, in the past – before Yura met Yongguk, she wouldn’t have found a problem with it but now, it didn’t feel okay. She couldn’t take his words lightly like how she used to.

The two slowly took their seat and Yura decided to ask the question on her mind. “Mr. Kim, I also do a good job on my assignments, aren’t you going to mention anything about that?” Why when it came to him did he only praise her on her physical aspects that were irrelevant to her position as an employee? Did being beautiful mean she was a good worker? What exactly are the reasons behind those compliments?

Her boss chuckles. “Please, Yura, none of that really matters. I don’t give you hard assignments.”

His attempt to brush aside her concerns pricked at Yura. “Why not?” Did he just call her incompetent without actually being straightforward about it?

“Because you wouldn’t be able to handle them.” He merely provided an excuse as if it was fact. “Just sit there and smile.”

Again, with the smiling. Yura couldn’t believe the words she was hearing. Why does he insist her only merits are her ability to fit into some nice clothing and smile? No matter how calmly she breathed, Yura felt stifled. 

As the meeting began and as it continued, Yura couldn’t compose herself. And not one person asked for her to add anything to what they were discussing…maybe because they felt her role was to just sit th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter