Reason 6: Respect Oneself

7 Reasons Why You're Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What should she do now?

Even though she had nowhere to be, her body still automatically slipped away from slumber. It was already used to waking up in the morning so she could get ready for work but now, there’s a small issue.

She didn’t have a job to get ready for.

Yura sighed and flipped onto her side, her face snuggling into her soft pillow. There was one question that continued to move in and out of her mind.

Did she regret it?

Did she regret quitting yesterday?

And the answer came quick and more confidently than she thought – no, she did not regret it one bit. She sat up in bed – well there is no reason to be laying here and sulking then. She pulled the comforters off before sliding over to her desk and turning her laptop on.

There’s bound to be companies that are hiring.

***

Few days have passed since her quitting and all Yura has done was lay in front of her TV – the only times she left home was when she needed to go to the grocery store. 

And it felt good.

There was no front she needed to put up and it felt great. She didn’t have to meet people, she didn’t have to impress them, and most importantly, her skin has gotten much better since in recent days, her hands never touched the makeup box. 

So, Yongguk knew a little something about skin after all.

The sudden thought of him sent Yura looking at the clock. It was around lunch break and Yongguk was probably at that restaurant but at the same time, maybe after not running into her, he may have chosen another place to have his break.

Her phone buzzed with a new e-mail from the company and she opened it up in curiosity to find it stating that there was something for her to pick up. 

Yura debated with herself. 

And when one side of the argument won, Yura dropped to her feet and went into her closet. 

“What should I wear?”

Her eyes trailed the clothes that lined the bar before moving to the box that sat on the top shelf of the closet. Without much thought, she reached for it and brought it down. Finding whatever she could, she quickly got dressed.

Omitting a few of her preparation rituals that if it had been a week ago, she would have rather died than skip it.  

Today, she was going to do a favor to herself. She was going to wear what she wanted to wear – and today she picked comfort and she was going to have confidence in herself. She owed it to herself to do this much.

***

Walking into the usual lunch restaurant, Yura didn’t expect much but when she found Yongguk sitting at one of the tables, she couldn’t help but smile at the sight. Yongguk was more predictable than she thought he was.

“Is this seat taken?”

Yongguk looked up and was shocked by her appearance. “Yura?”

Taking it as a ‘no’ to her question, Yura took her seat across from him.

Yongguk continued staring at the young woman and no, it wasn’t a mistake. “It’s been a while.” Something big must have happened the last few days he hadn’t seen her because the person who sat across from him appeared in a way that he least expected her to. 

“What?” She chuckled after only hearing silence from the man.

He only smiled in response. “I haven’t seen you the past few days. Have you been busy at work?”

“What work?” She snorted before the upsetting feeling came back. “I quit a few days ago.”

His expression changes to one with concern. “Did something happen?”

“My boss made a move on me and I quit.” She summarized it quite well. “He went on about how I wasn’t actually capable for the job but my looks matched his requirements.” She leaned her cheek into her hand attempting to sound casual about it all.

“You shouldn’t have to deal with that.” 

She looked down, her finger tracing the pattern on the table. “I know. That’s why I permanently made sure I didn’t have to deal with it in the future.” She smiled before sighing. “…I did work hard though.” Seems like Mr. Kim never took the time to actually paid attention her competency. “Extremely.” She adds with a scornful smile. “But! I have started to look for jobs and hopefully, I’ll obtain something.”

Yongguk knew that Yura was covering up her shock from the event by smiling and joking but he also knew she was strong. “I know you can do, Yura.” Even from the beginning, he knew Yura was strong and he was also ready to offer her a shoulder if she so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter