[sekai] home is where the heart is

drabble collection

PAIRING: SEKAI (Sehun x Kai)
Genre: Mild angst(?), happy(ish) ending(?)
Length: 1,276
Description: What is a home without your heart?

 

Inspired by this video. I would highly recommend watching it before reading (otherwise it might not make much sense). The whole Grazia thing gave me too many Sekai feels but this video just made me dead. ASDFGHJKL. I kept replaying over and over and over again. It. Was. Just. Too. Beautiful.
 


The morning sunshine woke Jongin up from his deep slumber. He opened his eyes begrudgingly.

 

“Sehunnie, it's too bright. Do the curtains for me pleeeease?”

 

Jongin was greeted back with nothing but silence.

 

“Sehunnie?”

 

“Sehunnie, are you there?”

 

It was eerily quiet.

 

Confused and still half asleep, Jongin rose from the comfort of the warm bed he shared with Sehun but froze when he caught sight of the single white and pink tulip sitting on the conservatory windowsill.

 

That wasn't there last night.

 

He approached the tulip to find a note addressed to him. It was from Sehun.

 


I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore.

 

Goodbye, Jonginnie.

 

Sehun.

 

 

The note fell to the ground, stained with Jongin's tears.

 

Goodbye? Did Sehunnie just break up with me?

 

Jongin collapsed onto the cold tiles of the conservatory. He laid there for several minutes, not really grasping the reality of what was happening.

 

Sehunnie will be back in a few hours. This must be a prank, or a dream. Yeah, I must be dreaming.

 

Jongin closed his eyes and the memories a river of memories washed over him.

 

The lace curtains blowing in the wind. Sehunnie's arm draped around his shoulder. The warmth of his body when they slept at night. The taste of his lips as they became one.

 

“Sehunnie..” Jongin whispered. He sought refuge in his corner of the room and was hypnotised by the way the wind was dancing with the light and delicate material.

 

After who knows how long, Jongin started pacing across the room, still refusing to accept that Sehun had left him. Alone. After growing tired of marching back and forth, he laid his body on the floor with his eyes shut. He tried not to think about how uncomfortable he was feeling, allowing himself to only think about the only thing that mattered to him: the love of his life.

 

Jongin opened his eyes to find himself still on the conservatory floor, bathed in the moonlight.

 

“Sehunnie, you home yet?”

 

The silence was really starting to irk him.

 

Jongin woke up the next morning and looked over to the other side of the bed, only to be welcomed with a vacant spot that was once occupied by Sehun. He reached out to the void and felt the cold emptiness beneath his fingertips.

 

When was the last time I spent the night alone?

 

Jongin slowly crawled out of bed and made his way to the shower to freshen up and put on a clean set of clothes. After he was done, he shuffled over to the window and created a gap through the blinds to see if there was any sign of Sehun. There wasn't. Jongin sat by the window for several hours, waiting for Sehun to come home.

 

Home. This isn't a home without Sehunnie.

 

Days passed and still no Sehun. His empty white chair mocked him. Spring came and left. Flowers bloomed and died. The only thing remaining constant in Jongin's life was the conservatory tiles he had become accustomed to lying on. The tiles beneath his back were cold and they hurt, something akin to how his heart was feeling. The hours not spent on the floor were spent watching the world pass him by outside.

 

Sehun's chair remained vacant. He had left for good and wasn't coming home. The cruel harsh truth made Jongin smile for a split second before he broke down into an uncontrollable fit of sobbing. One of Sehun's favourite thing about Jongin had always been his smile. But Jongin stopped smiling on the day Sehun left.

 

When are you coming home, Sehunnie?

 

 


 

 

The metal white chair. Sehun's chair. But instead of sitting in his chair, Sehun sat in the corner of the conservatory of his home he shared with his boyfriend, Jongin. He always chose to sit in the corner whenever he had an important decision to make. He didn't know why he favoured that particular spot, he just did. Jongin, preferred the opposite corner and the two of them would occasionally sit in silence, just staring at each other, hugging their knees in their respective corners.

 

Sehun was conflicted. He had one of the most difficult decisions to make, one he couldn't discuss with Jongin. His tongue poked out involuntarily as it always did when he was deep in thought. He his bottom lip, a habit he tried to quit because chapped lips is never a y look, but was never quite successful in doing so. He stood up and rested his forehead against the stark white wall. He had a choice to make but was yet to come to a decision.

 

He looked around and noticed that all the flowers in the room had wilted.

 

I'd better replace them before I leave. Oh.

 

It dawned on Sehun that he had already made a choice without even realising it.

 

I'm leaving Jonginnie.

 

Sehun plucked a white and pink tulip from the garden and placed it on the windowsill accompanied by a note addressed to Jongin, comprising of just eleven words.

 

Sehun didn't know when he realised he wasn't in love with Jongin anymore. Maybe he never stopped loving him. Regardless of his feelings towards Jongin, Sehun just couldn't shake off the notion that the house they shared together no longer felt like home to him.

 

He quietly retreated back into the room where he had spent the last three years beside Jongin, and pulled a suitcase from the closet. Sehun glanced over to his sleeping lover who was stirring a little. Jongin had always been a pretty heavy sleeper but Sehun didn't want to take any chances. As quietly as he could, he proceeded to retrieve his clothes from the closet and folded them into the suitcase. After he had finished, he looked at Jongin for one last time. He bent down and kissed Jongin on his plump lips before whispering “I'm sorry, Jonginnie. I'm sorry I couldn't stay.” A single teardrop fell onto Jongin's cheek. Sehun quickly stood up and picked up his belongings as he tried to hold back his tears.

 

Please don't cry when you wake up. I'm not worth it.

 

Leaving Jongin was the hardest decision of Sehun's life but it was a choice he stood by. No regrets. Sehun tried to feel optimistic about his future as he arrived at his new accommodation.

 

Welcome to my new life.

 

Sehun decorated his new abode with some of the same furnishings he had with Jongin. He draped the white lace curtain that moved with the wind, just like it did back home.

 

Home. But he didn't have a home anymore.

 

He wrapped himself in the billowing fabric and pretended it was his boyfriend's arms envoloping him.

 

Boyfriend. But he didn't have a boyfriend anymore.

 

Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into months.

 

As Sehun sat on a chair propped against the metal wardrobe, he noticed the wilted flowers which reminded him of one person.

 

Jonginnie.

 

He covered his eyes to stop the tears from falling. He thought back to the moment he made the decision to leave.

 

What if I made a mistake?

 

He made his way to the dancing curtains and pushed himself into it, as if they were Jongin's arms.

 

I miss you, Jonginnie.

 

More thoughts flooded his brain and they was all the same.

 

Jonginnie. Jonginnie. Jonginnie.

 

Sehun smiled at the memory of Jongin's face and realised that he hadn't smiled since the day that he left Jongin. He knew what he had to do and it was the easiest decision of his life.

 

I'm coming home, Jonginnie. I'm coming home.

 


A/N: I wrote this twice in dialogue before scrapping the whole idea entirely because I didn't think I could do the video justice unless I tried to "set the scene". But now you know why I don't write like this normally and choose to write exclusively in dialogue OTL

DM | Twitter | Ask FM Tumblr |

I'm sorry for butchering the language. So. Sorry. -hides in a cave for the next 100 years-