Secrets

He Got Too Close

We run out of the pub. Up the stairs and we go to the closest, dark alleyway.

There aren't any lights. The closest one must be at least another 30 feets away.

The alley is so small that we have our bodies touching each other. Chest to chest. 

I can hear his heart beating fast. I can feel the warmth in his breathe.

All that's on my mind is, Did he get hurt really bad?

The silence between us is killing me. But, then again, I'm too scared to speak.

Time passed by now but I don't know for how long. Police sirens were long gone along with the shouts from Choo Sung Hoon and his gang.

Breathing. More silence. 

He finally speaks. "You didn't need to in, you know?"

I didn't need to in? Is he crazy or what?

My voice goes arrogant. "Are you sure about that?"

"Yea. I could have gotten everything taken care of."

I mumble. "It sure didn't look like it. Anyway, are you okay?" I was dying to ask.

"Yea, a few scratches and bruises here and there but I should be fine. What about you?"

"I just bumped into a table on the way out. It should be okay."

Why is he so nice all of a sudden? This isn't anything like him. But, then again, I don't know anything about him...

I continue. "So...you're searching for your dad?"

He sighs. His warm breath fills the space between us. With the minimalist light, I can barely see him trying to move his hand to scratch and ruffle through his hair.

"Yea...I'm trying to get something from him, but I don't know where he is..."

"Money?"

His voices goes defensive. "What? Oh no." He chuckles. "From your guess, it looks like you been eavesdropping huh?"

I don't know why but his chuckle gives me a wave of relief. It's almost as if we didn't just almost get killed about maybe two hours ago. How can he just put everything behind him like that? Makes me jealous...

I chuckle. "About that..." I bite my bottom lip. "Yea. I kinda did."

"I'm looking for my dad for the only reason of finding my birth parents."

He got me dumbfounded. "WAIT, WHAT?"

He just chuckles at my disbelief. I know he shakes his head because the little pieces of his hair tickle my forehead.

"This is the reason why you shouldn't eavesdrop on people."

I'm still trying to piece things together. "So your adopted dad knows who your birth parents are and won't tell you?" I'm still confused. "Why do he owe Choo Sung Hoon money?"

"I don't like referring him as my adopted dad. I call him a low life because he is one. First, he hides the identity of my birth parents like it's some government secret that he can't tell me. And second, he's a drunk, a gambler, and every bad thing out there. He doesn't deserve to be called a father."

I can tell by the way he talks that he's disgusted with his adopted father. I wish I could comfort him but I honestly have no idea how.

He just laughs everything off again. "I honestly have no idea why I'm spilling my secrets to a stranger. Who are you by the way?"

"It's Jin.." My voice cuts off short. I can't let him know that it's me. "Does it matter?"

He suddenly leans in. He puts his nose closer to my shirt. "Your scent... It's familiar"


Author's Note: Thank you my readers for sticking with me. I haven't updated in a week but I will update more soon! Thank you so much once again! Please upvote, subscribe, and DOOO comment! ~With luv, JSH