Holding Back this Feeling

Can't Help Myself
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASHBACK

"Yah, Baek. You're doing it again..." said Jongin as he looked at his friend sitting outside the library as he wandered his eyes from afar. "If you had laser in your eyes, she'd caught up in fire." he added.

"I just wish I could approach her easily and talk to her." Baekhyun sighed.

"Yeollie is coming...shift your focus." Jongin warned.

Baekhyun immediately stood up and asked for their group to go to the open field without their friends noticing.

"Nice save." Jongin whispered to Baekhyun.

"Thanks for the warning. You know Chanyeol can't see her. We both like the same type of girls but they always choose him because I'm to coward to confess."

"That's why, you have to come forward to this girl. You shouldn't be contented staring at her and shifting Chanyeol all the time just so he'd not notice her. Maybe one day he'll finally notice her and get to her first, you'll see." Jongin advised his friend who was really confused about the situation. "Do you think I should approach her already?" Baekhyun asked.

"Well... yeah. It's really simple. Just go approach her and talk."

"Easy for you to say. Girls are falling in line just so that you'd be able to notice them."

"Yah! It's not like I don't have a choice. I don't really like the attention."

"Hmmm... See that's just sad. It's ironic how it's easy for you to talk to them but you don't really care about them unlike me, I like a girl and I couldn't even gather an ounce of courage to talk to her....SAY! What if..." Baekhyun's eyes widened.

"WHAT?!" Jongin asked as if he knew his friend would ask for a huge favor.

"What if YOU talk to her for me? Befriend her first, then when you're close... you could introduce her to me and maybe help her to like me?" Baekhyun smiled as if he just thought of the best idea ever.

"Are you crazy?! Why would I do that?" Jongin asked.

"Because we're friends? Please! I'll do anything. Uhmm... If ever you'll need a favor in the future, I'd sure be able to help you like you help me now." Baekhyun tried to convince him. Seeing Jongin thinking about it carefully, he added, "I'm asking you since I couldn't trust Chanyeol over this. Also, you don't really care about girls so I'm sure you wouldn't take her from me. You're the best choice."

"Fine, FINE! Arasseo." Jongin finally accepted the favor thinking he doesn't want to see his friend get heartbroken again. "So, how do you want me to befriend her? When do I have to do it?"

"Why not now? She's in the library. Look, there's still time before the lunch break ends so let's go. Now's perfect." said Baekhyun as he grabbed Jongin's arm and drag him back to the library leaving Chanyeol, Minseok and Jongdae.

 

------

"Uhmm hi..." Baekhyun said as he looked at Miyoung sitting in front of him. He let out a nervous chuckle. "I know you're quite confused, why am I sitting here instead of your buddy, Jongin... Is that right?" he asked her as he noticed she's getting uncomfortable.

"Uhhh yeah. I totally didn't expect this..." said Miyoung as she looked at the menu from the snack bar. She kept on looking around making Baekhyun realize the awkwardness of the situation.

"Uhh listen... I'm sorry if we have to meet like this. Well, we have already met before, well, I mean like just the two of us together alone, I mean...you know...uhmm that...." Baekhyun stuttered as he felt cold sweat in his palms.

"Huh? Uhmm... nice to meet you again too?" said Miyoung as she was still trying to comprehend what Baekhyun just said.

"I'm sorry. I'm really bad at this. You see, I really like you but obviously I'm very coward so...I asked Jongin to befriend you first then he could, someday, introduce me to you..."

"I see...." she said, "So am I some kind of experiment?! An experiment for Jongin to test and when I pass I get to the next level which is...you?!?" said Miyoung as she felt offended by his idea.

"No no no... It's definitely not like that." Baekhyun tried to defend himself but Miyoung already stood up.

"I only did that because I really like you!" Baekhyun suddenly raised his tone, getting the attention of everyone inside but she only gave him a cold look then she left immediately.

 

Feeling hurt, Miyoung went straight to her room and bawled her eyes out. She felt used by Jongin but despite that, she still couldn't shake off the strong attraction towards him and she only knew one thing to do it. Confront him.

 

Monday came and Miyoung waited outside Jongin's classroom for lunch. Once she spotted him, she immediately grabbed his arm. Despite the oohs and ahhs of the students around who saw them, she didn't mind and walked to a place where no one could see them. "Hello to you to, Miyoung." he said as she let finally let go of his arm. He felt as if there was still a hand holding his arm, "You have a very strong grip." he joked as he massaged his wrist a little but she didn't have any time for jokes. She went straight to the point.

"Tell me. Is it true? You befriended me so that you could introduce me to Baekhyun?!" she asked boldly.

"Yes it's true..."

Hearing it straight from him, she felt like something is gripping her heart. "So you used me?!"

"No no no, it's not that I used you..." he grabbed her both her shoulders. "Miyoung, I just... I did it for my friend. To help him..."

"So now that I've successfully passed, you finally m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter