Always Here

Can't Help Myself
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Guys let's hangout later at my house." Chanyeol said to the group at their lunch table.

"Can't make it." said Baekhyun.

As Chanyeol, Minseok and Jongdae complained, Jongin sat silent. He knew what today was. It was their 100th day together and as much as he doesn't want to involve himself in it or even think of it, Baekhyun has been talking about it with him and sometimes even asking for ideas.

"Come on, Baek... You don't hang out with us anymore." said Minseok.

"Why don't you just bring her there?" asked Jongdae.

"If I would, then Chanyeol will just flirt with her." he answered but Chanyeol immediately shut down the idea, "Hey! I stopped that time when you reminded me that she was already your girlfriend!"

"Yeah, but why did you need a reminder?" asked Baekhyun. "Because the first time, we drank at my birthday and I thought she was just joking." laughed Chanyeol.

"Even so... anyways, I still wouldn't be able to make it. Miyoung can't neither....because it's a special day for us."

"Special day?!" asked Jongdae. "Is today...you're going to do it today?!?? You will later, will you!" he stood up covering his mouth with both his hands giving a shocked expression at his friend making Chanyeol and Minseok gasp. Jongin was taken aback by Jongdae's statement. Will they do it later?!

"YAH! You bastard Jongdae. Don't say that out loud! Miyoung is a special girl and I've planned a special date for the both of us after school." Baekhyun said.

"By special, do you mean...that? Right?" said Minseok.

Jongin couldn't take the conversation anymore. "Guys, I'll meet you back at the classroom. I remember I have to go somewhere first." He stood up and walked away.

"Minseok, I'm disappointed in you. I didn't think you're mind would be dirty like these two."

"Hey!" said Chanyeol and Jongdae in unison.

"We're just going to have dinner. You know. It's our 100th day together."

"AHHHHH" said the three. "Well... If you finish early with your celebration, you can follow us at Chanyeol's if we're still there." said Minseok.

 

-----

 

Jongin was walking around the campus. He didn't really know where to go to since he just wanted to escape the conversation at the lunch table. Suddenly he bumped into someone making her drop her paper and books. "S-sorry..." he said as he helped her pick up her things. "Jongin?" a familiar voice said making him lift his face a little so he could meet her eyes. "Hey, Miyoung." he said.

"How have you been? I haven't seen you lately..." she said.

"I'm doing good. How 'bout you?" he felt obliged to ask her even though he pretty much had an idea of how her day is since today is, well their day, and they'll probably do it later.

"Ohh, today's really...uhmm.. I have a lot of things in my mind." she said.

"Oh okay, I should leave you first..." Jongin said as he turned around to walk away but before he could make a step. "Jongin..."

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you for a favor?" Miyoung hesitantly asked him.

"Uhmm...what is it?"

"I have this project in Math and I am cramming the hell out. We need to pass it later. Could you help me out on this since I remember you said you were pretty good at it. I really wanted to ask help from you but I hesitated when I saw you before because I know we haven't been talking lately and you might think off of me as a leech and/or a user or you'll think I only remembered you because I needed a favor or something..." Miyoung said in a very fast speed. She was pretty nervous he could tell.

"Sure, I'll help you." he chuckled.

"Really?" she smiled from ear to ear and walked closer to him. She hugged her things with her right arm and hugged his arm with her left arm, giving a little squeeze.

"Thank you!" she said. "I missed you..." she added which making him froze a little. She notice he stopped walking so she added, "as a friend! I missed you as a friend!" she said giving a light pat on his arm. "Let me help you with those." Jongin grabbed the things from her arm and carried it for her.

They were sitting in the empty gazebo near the school field. Miyoung stretched her arms as they finally finished the project. "If I knew I could finish this in 10 minutes with your help, I should've asked you sooner." she said. "You did know. You were too shy to ask." he said.

"Yeah... well there's still 20 minutes before the classes start again. Would you mind if I sleep?" she asked. "Go ahead. Sleep away. I'll just buy water from the vending machine over there." he said.

Miyoung rested her head on the table using her arms as her pillow and closed her eyes. When Jongin came back, she was already fast asleep. He stared at her as she slept like a baby. He swept the hair that was covering her face and tucked it in her ears. She looked really tired like she didn't had any sleep. "Silly, you can always call me whenever you want." he muttered as he continue to stare at her. He also rest on his arms on the table so he could watch her sleep closely. Little by little, he felt his eyes shutting.

Jongin opened his eyes feeling a hand gently his face. "Finally! There's 5 minutes left. We should get back already." she said.

As they walked back, Jongin kept touching his face. He could still feel her warm hands touching his cheeks. With that, he smiled by himself. "You know you're very hard to wake up." she said as they walked.

"Yeah, sometimes it really takes time for me to wake up." he sighed.

 

-------

 

"Wow! This is great!" said Miyoung as she plants a kiss on Baekhyun's cheek.

"You love it?"

"Yeah, I do! It's perfect!" she smiled as she sat on the mat. Baekhyun prepared a romantic picnic at the park after school. After they ate, they were watching the sunset when suddenly Baekhyun took out a small box and handed it over to Miyoung.

"What's this?" she smiled.

"Open it."

She lifted the lid and saw a beautiful silver ring. "Happy 100th day anniversary Myeong!" he said as he shows her the matching ring in his finger.

"You're so sweet!" she plants a light kiss on his lips.

The perfect date ended with him taking her home. After they had their goodbye kiss, Miyoung went inside the house feeling like floating to her room. As Baekhyun walked away, he spotted a family moving 2 houses away from Miyoung's. A familiar girl stepped out of the house to help carry out boxes from their family car.

 

"Taeyeon?" he asked.

"Oh hi Baekhyun! Didn't expect to see a familiar face this soon." she said.

"You're back! It's been a long while..." he said.

"Yeah, it's been a long while..." she smiled. "Hey, do you want help?" he offered.

"Sure!" she smiled as he helped carry the boxes to her room. After transferring all the boxes to her room, Taeyeon's mom offered him to stay for dinner but he had to decline since he can't stay out late. "How about a drink? Juice?" Taeyeon offered. "Please? As a thank you gift for helping out." she smiled.

"Okay..." Baekhyun said as he scratched his nape.

They sat out on the porch as they sip their juice boxes. Baekhyun couldn't help but stare at her. She still hasn't changed. Still pretty. "Yah, don't stare!" she said but then laughed afterwards. "It's just that nothing has changed much with you since we last saw you."

"Oh god, the last time you guys saw me was terrible. Chanyeol and I broke up that day! I must have looked really horrible!" she laughed as she recalled.

Hearing her laugh again seemed like music to his ears. "You know what's funny?"

"What?"

"Nah..." he though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter