A Month Later

A Reason To Get Back

jj

Author's POV

It was a tough decision and Hera knew it.

But it was not a hasty one that girl made only because she was mad at Sunggyu today. She though, break up was the best way at this time.

If people saw them closely, they were extraordinary couple. In their busiest days, they would met each other only once in two weeks and rarely went out for dating. They really didn't have time to be together, moreover when they participated to various competitions. 

It was not anyone's fault if they were busy and couldn't met often. At the first place, they both are top students who always represented the school for competition, becoming teachers' favorite students and of course they are popular. Hera beside she is smart, she is also pretty and sociable. Her friends never saw Hera became arrogant, she is always humble.

The same went for Sunggyu. He probably is umchina (the perfect son who always being compared by mothers). His debating skill was not kidding, his strong gaze was a plus that made him winning many debate competitions since his first year of senior high school. Of course he is as popular as his girl, Hera.

They both met for the first time as a team in one of the quiz competitions then continued to be friends. After several months, they were dating. The pair looked like a perfect one without any problems. They even could last for 2 years.

To be honest, they had their own problems.

Hera sighed. She ignored Sunggyu's phone call and continued to do her homework. She didn't want to hear that boy begging her for forgiveness. The girl couldn't change her decision and she hoped she wouldn't regret it.

+++++

1 month later

Hera's POV

"Hera, is that Sunggyu?," Jinhye was nudging my shoulder while holding her smile. I frowned at her behavior while her eyes were fixed at Sunggyu standing near window at school corridor, outside his class. I could see him from my class, because I was sitting in first row and near the door.

It was not easy to ignore him. We just broke up a month ago and I was not completely forgetting him. How could I forget him within a month while we already were together for about 2 years?

"Can you stop nudged me? What's wrong with him being there?," I asked with annoyed voice and it managed to make Jinhye stopped nudging me but then she frowned at me. "Huh? Are you not happy to see him?," she asked.

I shrugged and I could see that my friend coudn't believe her eyes with my attitude.

"Are you sick? That's Sunggyu! Your boyfriend! Why you are being cold to him?," she pointed Sunggyu and said that loudly. Sunggyu seemed to realize the noise she made, he glanced at two of us and I could only look down.

Jinhye nudged my shoulder again. I stared at her, hoping she could be a little more sensitive with me who didn't want to deal with Sunggyu this time.

Because I still kept my head down and Sunggyu didn't go to us even when he looked us, Jinhye seemed to be aware of the situation. She whispered, "You and Sunggyu were fighting?,"

I took a deep breath. I realized that I was wrong. I hadn't told her that I and Sunggyu had broken up since a month ago.

"I've broken up with him," I answered in whisper as well. I didn't want to be overheard by others.

Jinhye widened her eyes, she had to shout if I hadn't cover with my hand. I tried to calm her down. I released my hand once she showed her thumb up, indicated that she wouldn't scream this time.

"Did you? Break up with that umchinah? I can't believe it," she asked several questions.

"I'll tell you the complete story later. But, yes, I broke up with him a month ago," I explained to her as short as possible.

"How could Nam Jinhye, your chairmate, didn't know if you've broken up?," Jinhye looked a bit upset because she was late for knowing it.

I hit her head gently with a pen. "You take too long for realizing it, Jinhye. Did you realize that lately I didn't use my phone as much as before?," I tried to explain it. Actually I rarely used my phone. I only used it to reply some messages and calls from my closest person, sometimes I used it for surfing the internet.

Jinhye was nodding after realizing it. Thanks, God.

"You must tell the reason why you broke up after school, okay?," Jinhye stared at me. I nodded in agreement.