Break Up, Already?

A Reason To Get Back

poster

Yoo Hera's POV

"It's enough! I hate you, Kim Sunggyu!," I shouted angrily then turned my back on him, walked away.

Kim Sunggyu, you really are stupid! How could you ruin our date with that manner... I knew he was being very busy lately for preparing the debate competition, but could he take a little time for me and forget about that debate for a moment? Did he know I also sacrifice my time for him, just for the date, today? Did he forget that I also had to take preparation for Science Olympics?

"Yoo Hera, wait! Don't be angry," he shouted to stop me. I covered my ears with both hands, I didn't want to hear his voice so I quickened my pace.

It had been umpteenth time for this day he ignored me. Today, he was more interested on replying his debate team friends' messages and received some calls from them rather than giving attention to me.

I didn't care about him anymore. I was pretty fed up with his attitude. How could I date him for more than 2 years already?

+++++

Sunggyu's POV

I was annoyed at the sight of my phone on my hand. Because of this damn little thing, Hera was mad again at me.

Today wasn't a good day for me. After a long time I couldn't go out with Hera, finally I took my time for her and didn't practice for debating. But seemed like goddess Fortuna was not on my side. I just got a news that a member of my debate team was replaced by a freshman who don't have any debate experience. As team leader, I was asked by our teacher to give some words for debating to him and I had to tell him via text message, today, on lovely Sunday.

I actually wanted to reject and give the task to Myungsoo. Unfortunately, I couldn't reach him. Damn.

Because I was too busy replying the messages from that freshman, Hera eventually left me alone.

Hera aegi, are you mad? I'm so sorry.

I was trying to calm down. I hoped Hera will forgive me as she did back then. I didn't mean to upset her just because she ever forgived me because this situation was beyond my imagination.

Kim Sunggyu. You're definitely going to repeat it again.

The reply from Hera surprised me. Normally, she would ask me to do something like send my ugliest selfie or a picture of me doing aegyo or just sing on the phone for her, but now she didn't do that.

Was she really that mad at me? I replied her message with worry.

No... I promise, Hera-ya. What should I do so you're not mad at me anymore?

I was willing to do anything to my girl if she could not mad at me anymore. Looked like today I did something too far.

I took a deep breath. I laid on my bed, reflecting all I had been doing today.

Ah! I knew it. Of course she was angry, Kim Sunggyu. You're too stupid to not realize it. 

Hera and I couldn't always be together even when we were in school just like a couple. We went into different class, and although we had been twice named as the best couple at school, it didn't mean we were as romantic as imagined by others, it was simply because we were a couple who were both well-liked by teachers. She and I were both busy by our individual schedules. I was busy with my debate competition which spent a lot of time for practicing. While Hera was busy with her Science Olympics competition, especially as she made it through to national so she had to be willing struggling for hours with books.

We couldn't come home together after school, couldn't get to canteen together, even we rarely met in a corridor. The only thing we could do was to communicate by phone. Yeah, via messages and calls.

And today, we were going on date, but I was busy with my debate things and it seemed she felt I ignore her. Of course she would angry.

"Aish! Really! It drives me crazy!," I said as I ruffled my hair. Each time Hera was angry at me, the worst scenarios that will ruin our two years relationship kept appearing in my head, this time too. I knew this was exaggerated.

I felt my phone vibrate. A message from her, which I hoped something good will come to me.

But it was not..

I think, we better break up.