The Result

A Reason To Get Back

ff

Hera's POV

Jinhye ran with a light step towards me. She approached me with a smile.

"Hera, mid-test results have come out. You can see it on the bulletin board,"

I stood up from my seat, I didn't expect the results come out so soon. "How about my scores?," I asked Jinhye as we walked down the corridor towards the board which is situated a little far from my class.

"I was pushed to the back by the crowd before I saw yours. But, I'm sure you are on the top three!," Jinhye made me feel a little bit relaxed. To be honest, I was afraid with the results because I admitted that I was less focus on studying lately.

I knew one of the reasons was Sunggyu.

I am also a girl who missed my ex-boyfriend every time I saw a picture of me and Sunggyu on my desk. I didn't intend to throw it away, anyway.

Actually, I didn't hate him. The reason we broke up was not because he was a bastard cheating with another pretty girl. So, I thought the feeling of missing him sometimes appeared, even at times when I had to focus on my studies.

"Hera, do you want to see the test results?," a familiar voice appeared behind us. We looked back and I found Sunggyu smiled at us.

He approached us, standing beside me and the only one I could do was smile awkwardly.

Jinhye was nudging my arm while pretending to cough. "I forgot some things I've to do in class, Hera. You can go with Sunggyu, okay? Annyeong!,"

In a flash, Jinhye disappeared from my sight. The girl was really sneaky. I knew she just wanted to leave me alone with Sunggyu.

I saw Sunggyu held back his chuckles seeing Jinhye disappeared like that. I glance at Sunggyu who was smiling at me back.

"Let's go. I also haven't seen mine," Sunggyu asked me to go, then he went first, left me behind.

I saw his back and the feeling of missing him came to me. I shook my head slowly, expelling this unwanted feeling.

"Wait for me," I said then I chased him to walk together.

+++++

Sunggyu's POV

I saw a large board and I had already seen some papers attached on it from afar. Those papers were definitely the mid-test results. I was a little worried with my grades because lately I lost my focus on study. I couldn't do my best during the test back then. I knew the cause, of course, because the girl beside me, Yoo Hera.

My expectation was not high this time. I've been grateful just get into the top 10. I was willing to lose my umchinah title. I was not a person who frustrated if my rank down, unlike Hera who was very sensitive to her scores and rank.

In front of the board, I saw a list of top 10 and just like my guess, I was at fifth place after I was ranked at second place on the previous test. It was okay, not really bad.

But a thing that surprised me was Yoo Hera's name which was not in the top three positions. I glanced at Hera and I knew right then she was very disappointed. Her name was on one place above me and it managed to make her look very sad. She was at first place before.

She walked away without saying a word with hasty pace.

Hera.

She was still the same. She would always be sad when her scores down and she would always blame herself for that failure. 

After seeing the result, rather than I went straight into my classroom, I actually went to Hera's class. I was worried about her and wanted to make sure that she was okay.

Before I reached her class, I had heard some girls talking, including Hera. I stood outside her classroom, making me couldn't be seen by Hera. I was eavesdropping on their conversation secretly.

"Yoo Hera, congratulation! Although your rank falls, you're still the best in our class!,"

"Thank you, it doesn't matter to me, the most important thing is I've done my best for the test," Hera's voice sounded cheerful as usual. The girl was very humble and not boasting about her grades.

"Yes, of course. You're still able to enter the top three during the final test later! If it was me, I was very grateful just entered the top 50!," said a girl along with her laughter. Some girls were also laughing.

"We have to do better together, then," Hera said optimistically.

The girl was faking it. That girl wasn't as positive as others thought.

That girl was still the same, hiding her true feeling was Yoo Hera's skill.

 

----

Comments are needed, really. kekeke.