Only You (FIN)

A Reason To Get Back

hh

Author's POV

Hera sat on one side of see-saw in a park she used to go when she was sad. Only accompanied by the lights from some gorgeous European style of the 18th century lamps, she looked down. The night was very quiet even her crying could be heard.

The girl was still upset with her scores announced this afternoon. She had been predicted that her ranking was going down, but she still felt sad. She didn't blame anyone, she wasn't jealous of her friend who got the first rank, she couldn't blame Sunggyu as the cause of her failure either. She blamed herself, and she always did that everytime she made a mistake.

She blamed herself who couldn't control her emotions and eventually lost her focus.

The night wind blowed Hera's uniform because she went straight to the park instead of going home first. Hera didn't care how cold the night as winter was coming. She only knew that the silence of the night could make her calmer.

Usually, when she was sad with her scores, she would immediately call Sunggyu or just send him message to talking about her being upset. That was enough to make Hera calm. 

Hera couldn't tell about her sadness to others. She couldn't complain with her scores that was almost close to the perfect one to others, even to Jinhye, because the girl knew her friends might hate her attitude. They would think her exaggerated. Therefore, Hera always looked cheerful and humble in front of her friends like today.

While Sunggyu was different from the others. The boy didn't see Hera being exaggerated. He understood about her worries. He always listened Hera who always mumbled about her scores at school.

Hera's crying grew stronger as she remembered Sunggyu. She hopes Sunggyu was there, beside her now. She needed Sunggyu to listen her worries, no matter what their relationship now. Hera only wanted someone who understand her worries, just like Sunggyu.

"Waiting for me?," a voice was heard gently, made Hera raised her head. The girl wiped her tears when she saw Sunggyu was coming and sat on the other side of the see-saw. It made Hera lift up due to his weight.

Hera nodded in response. She didn't want to lie because it was useless. After all, Sunggyu already knew eveything.

The boy smiled at Hera. Hera looked into his eyes with teary eyes. The girl was hoping Sunggyu to approach her and patted her head gently. That alone could soothe her just like they were together.

"What do you want?," Sunggyu as already familiar with all her attitudes knew that the girl wanted him to do someting. The girl wanted him to comfort her right now.

Hera didn't answer anything because Sunggyu had stood and approached Hera. Hera was going down on the see saw and her side touched the ground.

Sunggyu squatted in front of Hera then placed his hand on the girl's head. He patted her head and her hair gently as if the hair would be damaged if he it a little more harsh. Hera smiled but her tears were falling. Sunggyu, for some reasons, was pleased to see Hera crying and letting go her sad feeling. He was happy to still be the only one who saw her tears fall.

"I lost my focus to study," Hera said with trembling voice.

Sunggyu nodded, "me too,". He not just said to soothe her, he told the truth.

"For some reasons, I felt I didn't do my best during the test," Hera muttered again. 

"Me too," Sunggyu replied the same. "You're lying," Hera didn't believe him. Sunggyu shook his head, his hand was still her hair. 

"How can I get my focus back when I think of you all the time," Sunggyu said the words that sound very cheesy and it was not his style. Hera was speechless. She didn't expect to hear that sudden confession from Sunggyu.

Then, Sunggyu stood up and sat back on the other side of the seesaw, where he had been at first.

"Hera, you have to know. My rank is also down," said Sunggyu relaxed. There was no sadness in his words even the slightest one. He said it just to make Hera happy.

Hera pouted, "You and I are different,".

Sunggyu chuckled. He knew the girl was calmer than before after crying. Hera smiled slightly. However the girl suddenly made her head down, she thought of something and it made Sunggyu confused.

Sunggyu just watched her without speaking anything. Maybe he was wrong, Hera hadn't been calmer.

A few minutes later, Hera raised her head.

"Kim Sunggyu,"

"Yoo Hera,"

Sunggyu coughed when they called each other at the same time. Hera allowed him to speak first. Then, Sunggyu looked at her eyes from his place.

"Hera, can we go back like before once more?," Sunggyu asked the girl. His desire to get back together with Hera never lost since the day they broke up. Hera took a deep breath before responding, "I have a lot of reaons why I thought break up was better that time,".

Sunggyu nodded, "I know,". Without being asked, Hera said her reasons for it.

"Yoo Hera," Sunggyu interrupted her sentences. The boy knew all the problems that they faced. They both just couldn't escape from their competition. "But...," Hera muttered, continuing her words.

Sunggyu raised an eyebrow, curious about what she wanted to say.

"Only with one reason, can I have you back?,". Hera's question made Sunggyu's heart beat faster. Hera made him shocked than when Hera asked to break up before.

"W-what?," Sunggyu was speechless. Somehow, in his mind, the question was more likely to be a confession.

Hera pouted. The girl shook her head, "I can't repeat," she sais briefly.

Hera was embarassed to say it twice. She didn't even know where she got the courage to ask that question. She was touched with his attitudes tonight. The girl missed the boy too much.

A while ago, she looked down just for thinking of what is the reason that made her fall in love with the boy two years ago. What was the reason that made her accept his love and become his girlfriend.

The girl found it.

Hera needed Sunggyu.

The girl wouldn't be able to forget her sadness in a flash if Sunggyu wasn't here for her. Even after they weren't together anymore, the only one where she could tell everything about was Sunggyu. Once she got the answer for her own question, for some reason, she wanted to get back with Sunggyu, for continuing 2 years of their togetherness. She had heard that love needs no reason, but in her case maybe love needs at least a reason.

That one reason, covered all reasons why they had to break up. That one reason made Hera realize that she still loved Sunggyu.

"Let's get back together just with that one reason," Sunggyu said. In fact, he heard everything, he just couldn't believe his hearing for a moment.

"Hm?," Hera was unsure of his words. Sunggyu smiled, "I say, you can have me with that reason,".

Hera giggled hearing the words 'you can have me' from Sunggyu. Sounds so cheesy. "Do you know what is that one reason?," Hera asked. Sunggyu tried to find the answer, and Hera curiously waited for him. 

However, Sunggyu still didn't answer it, so Hera played the see-saw by making it up and down. "Don't do that. You will fall," Sunggyu reminded her because she excitedly played the see-saw. "Then you must reply it quickly," pleaded Hara with a little bit aegyo.

Sunggyu shrugged and smiled slyly, "I guess, because I'm umchinah?,". 

Hera laughed at his joke. "I love... your joke,". Sunggyu pouted, "Not me?,". Hera shrugged, "I don't know,". Then she was laughing hard as Sunggyu stood up and went towards her to tickle that girl.

 

FIN