IV. 추억 pt. 1

Hᴇᴀʀᴛʙᴇᴀᴛ ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 4: Memories Pt. 1 (추억 pt.1)


Jeongguk was back at the hotel by 9:00 pm, Suji was cooking dinner in the kitchen. He was exhausted after working on the many paperwork needed for the company.
 

"Rest for a bit, noona will be done soon." Suji spoked from the kitchen. Jeongguk walked to where she was with his tired eyes, he wrapped his arms gently around her waist from behind. Suji could feel his body warmth pressed against her back, his steady breathing and his heart beating against her.
 

"O- oh." she stuttered and was in shock from his sudden actions. Her eyes widened but she tries to focus on cooking.
 

"Noona... I'm so stressed." he mumbled against her, his face buried onto her nape. Suji covered the pot with a lid, then turning around to look at him. His eyes looks tired, his body could barely stand. She sighed. Suji took one hand to caress his cheek. "Just rest sweetie."
 

Jeongguk suddenly took her into his embrace, he tightens his arms around her. He felt so tired, he tried not to fall asleep in her arms. Jeongguk closed his eyes as he took in the scent of Suji, he had always loved her scent it would calm him and relieve his stress. Suji gently grabbed his shoulders and pulling herself away, leading him to the couch. She helped him laid down slowly on the couch as he closed his eyes to sleep.
 

Walking back to the kitchen, Suji continues to cook the soup. Her mind wanders off to deep, obsessive and dark thoughts. Her brother starts coming to mind.

 

Flashback

"I promise I'll be back." he said, taking all the cash with him. The money was folded and wrapped with a rubber band, the several thousands of dollars.
 

"What are you going to do with all that money?! That money is our parents money! You can't use it to gamble!" Suji yelled at her heartless brother. Their parents has recently passed away and that money was the only thing that they had left behind for the two.
 

He simply grinned, caressing his younger sister's head. There was something about him that scares her. He was like a completely different person after their parents had passed away. His eyes were full of hatred and darkness, he was no longer the sweet and loving brother she had known before. The thoughts of her brother's changed personality in front of her hit her hard. A small teardrop made its way down Suji's cheek as the thoughts compiled in her mind. She was frightened of what her brother had became. She was afraid of her own blood brother whom she use to love so much.
 

He took his finger to wipe her falling tear. "Now listen sister, don't be afraid. Don't cry. I'll be here to protect you, I promise." he said with a false smile displayed across his cheeks.
 

"Kim Myungsoo... you can't do this oppa! We need that money." Suji said in-between sniffles. Myungsoo smirks. "When I come back, I promise we'll have more money than we do now. So don't disobey me and remain put to where you are now."
 

"So what if you don't?! What if we lost everything?! And you'll be--" Suji screamed but stopped when she felt a sharp pain making contact with her cheek. Myungsoo had slapped her. She was beyond shock, her hands and fingers starts to tremble as her eyes widened. Suji held her cheek as she looked at her brother in fear. The slap had made her snap out of her thoughts and come back to reality. The reality that her brother was no longer the same guy he was. It was like a stranger was standing in front of her. His eyes glared into her soul-less pupils, she was shaking in terror.
 

Myungsoo grabbed her wrist violently, pulling Suji into her bedroom forcefully. She welps in pain at his grip. He pushes her into her room against the wall, tears fought its way down her face. Myungsoo released her then turning to exit the room, closing the door behind him and left with the money. Her sobs was heard throughout the house. Myungsoo was never heard from again.
 

Suji slowly turned off the stove. Her hands caught ahold of the counter. She fought back tears, her hand flew to to mute the sounds of her cries. She held back her screams. The memory of that day was too much for her to handle. That dreadful day, her only family left had walked out the door and left her alone in the darkness. There was no one to comfort her, to care for her, to even love her. She could no longer hold in her sobs, accidentally releasing them.
 

Jeongguk immediately awakens to the sound of her cries. He ran to where she was in an instant. He sees her on the ground leaning against the counter and crying as she hugs her knees. Jeongguk walks over to her as he placed a warm hand on her shoulder. Suji's sobs slowly stops as she met Jeongguk's touch. Jeongguk gently wiped her cheeks with his hands, he caressed it lovingly. His eyes met hers. "What's wrong?" he questioned, his hands slowly slides to her shoulder. Jeongguk took Suji into his embrace. He hated seeing her like this, he hated her late night thoughts. All he wanted was for her to be happy. Suji shook her head, she sighed as she lean her cheek on his broad chest. Her arms slowly wraps itself around him. "I'm sorry I woke you. You had a long day."
 

"No, it's fine." His hand slowly caresses her head, fingers running through her hair.
 

There was a feeling that Jeongguk gave her that no one else did. He made her feel saf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter