II. 사랑해.

Hᴇᴀʀᴛʙᴇᴀᴛ ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 2: "I love you." ("사랑해")

No One's POV

"Eomma.. you can't do this anymore. I— I love her." he said with a serious face. His mother looked at the two in disgust. "You should be ashamed of yourself." she spatted angrily. 

 

Suji's eye widened when she heard what Jeongguk had said. "I love her."

 

He... he love me?

 

Her mind stopped functioning, she tried to process the words into her head. "I love her. I love her." It kept repeating in her mind. That word.. he had to be lying. There was no way that the wealthy Jeon Jeongguk could possibly be in love with a poor girl like her. 

 

"You love this wrenched girl?! This gold-digger?!" Jeongguk's mother continued to shout harsh words. "Eomma, stop it." He frowned deeply, now annoyed of his mother. How could she say those words about Suji? 

 

"I will not stop! You... you will never see this girl ever again!" She shouted again, trying to break their intertwined hands but failed miserably.

 

"Eomma!" he yelled, finally having enough of his mother's rage. 

 

"Get out of my house! You will never step foot into this house ever again! Don't even consider yourself my son any longer.. You are no longer welcome back here." She screamed at Jeongguk fiercely. Jeongguk's blood boiled, he could take no more of his mother's harsh words to Suji. "That's fine with me." he spoke coldly then walking to his room and collecting his stuff. 

 

Suji is left in shocked, facing the enraged mother whom stared deadly at her. She scoffed. "You're nothing but a worthless piece of trash. How could my son possibly be in love with an ugly homeless girl like you?" his mother spoke harshly again, looking at Suji in disgust. Suji did not meet eyes with the woman in front of her. She looked down to the ground and stared at her shoes, trying her best not to cry. 

 

"It would be better if my son had never met you long ago." She scoffed and continued, "If I hadn't participated in that stupid orphan fundraiser crap for that daycare place then he would've never met you. You think you've done good to him? Please. All you did was gotten him kicked out of his own home. You ruined his life, do you know that?" 

 

Suji's eyes could no longer hold in the heavy tears, they spilled out ruthlessly down her cheeks. How could his mother be so cruel and say such painful words to her?

 

A while later, Jeongguk came back pulling his luggage. He walked to Suji and took her hand. Suji, still saddened and crying, didn't seem to care. Mrs. Jeon stared at her son, she crossed her arms. "You are really going to leave home because of this stupid gold-digger girl?" she asked, her voice bold and cold. She glared at Jeongguk, not the eyes of how a mother should look at her son. He didn't say anything, turning around and opening the door. "You'll be back son, soon." she smirked, her arms still folded as she watch Jeongguk and Suji both leaving.

 

The pair walked hand in hand down the sidewalk leading to the city of Seoul. Jeongguk raised a hand to catch a nearby taxi. Suji was still in disbelief and didn't look up one single bit after leaving the Jeon's. Jeongguk sighed and resume to pull her into the taxi. Jeongguk tells the taxi to drive them to an address. Suji and Jeongguk both seated in the back. The two sat next to each other in silence. Suji looking out the window and Jeongguk thinking deeply to himself, he sighed. 

 

The taxi stopped in front of a 4-Star hotel after a while. The two got out of the taxi. Suji stared at the hotel. "What are we doing here? I can't afford—"

 

"Just come on." He dragged her into the building while pulling his luggage with his other hand. She silently trailed behind him, letting him pull her into the hotel. He went up to the check-in counter and checked into a suite. The two then headed to the elevator, they stood awkwardly next to each other in silence. Jeongguk quickly let go of Suji's hand. 

 

"W-why did you do that?" she spoke all of a sudden, breaking the silence. The elevator opened to the second floor, they both walked out and entered their room. "Do what?" he asked, throwing his luggage to the ground. 

 

Suji stood and stared at Jeongguk, she watches as he ped his luggage and taking out his belongings. She walked over to him, then touching his hand. "Jeongguk... You're out of your mind." she murmured, looking at him. He looked back at her, gently pushing her hand away. 

 

"What do you mean?" he said while continuing to unpack his stuff, storing his clothing into the drawers of the hotel.

 

"You lied to your mother and even left home, what are you going to do now?" 

 

He stopped what he was doing and turned to her. "Suji... you just don't understand."

 

"But they are your family, you are suppose to care more about your family than you do to me." she noted, crossing her arms.

 

"My family never really cared for me. So why should I?" he sat down on the bed and sighed. 

 

"What do you mean by that?" she walked to where he was and sat besides him, looking at his face saddens her. She cared for this boy, but all she did was bring him trouble.

 

"There's this thing that my parents has been trying to force me into." he said lowly.

 

"What is this 'thing'?" 

 

"An arranged marriage with Park Sooyoung." 

 

Suji's eyes widened, hearing the name Park Sooyoung.

She remembered years from now about Park Sooyoung. Sooyoung was a wealthy little girl who often visited the orphanage Suji was volunteering in during her high school year. Sooyoung came with Jeongguk like always since their families had a bond. Sooyoung likes to be called "Joy" because she looks u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter