I. 내 가장 친한 친구

Hᴇᴀʀᴛʙᴇᴀᴛ ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1: My Best Friend (내 가장 친한 친구)



Suji's POV

 

They were still behind me, I could hear their constant loud footsteps. I ran as fast I as I could, as far as I could holding onto my bruised arm. I breathed heavily, struggling to get air down my lungs. What have I gotten myself into? Where is my trouble-some brother? I swear if I make it out alive, I would beat him for making me suffer. They were coming, I hear their violent voices.

My heart pounded hard, I was afraid that they would hear it. Oh, please heart.. be quiet.

I silenced myself, covering my mouth to shut up. My heavy breathing was too loud.

Must.. be quiet.

There, I felt a warm hand on my arm. It felt like the end of the world, they have found me haven't they? It is the end of me.I turned around, frightened until a very familiar voice spoke. "Are you okay? I was worried sick." he said. Jeongguk, my best friend was right in front of me.

I sigh in relief, they haven't found me.

Where are they? I started to breathe heavily once again... But Jeongguk how was he here? How did he know where I was?

I heard them again, their loud footsteps causes my brain to malfunction. I pulled Jeongguk to where I was. As if he could read my mind, he hid me with his muscular body pressing me against the wall.

My heart pounded loudly, but I wasn't scare. Was I nervous? Tired? But one thing for sure, I was not in love with Jeon Jeongguk... was I?

I saw him turn his head a bit, perhaps to see the men chasing after me walk by. And so I heard, their loud steps and angry voices.

"Where did she go?!" one screamed, his voice scared me. "Don't you know, you weren't careful enough and lost her... idiot." the other spoke.

I felt tears spilled out of my eyes, Jeongguk immediately threw his hand to my mouth and shut me up. "Shhh..."

I nodded, still frightened. What would happen to me if he wasn't here right now? Would I have been captured again?

The guys walked away after a while, I could hear Jeongguk let out a sigh of relief. "Yah, why didn't you tell me about this?" he spoke lowly, his hot breath against my face. I gulped and looked into his eyes, I could see the worry in them. I hated seeing him like this because of me. "I-I didn't want you to worry." I said then looked down. Jeongguk bought his hand to my chin and lifted it up. "Bae Suji! You're damn right I will worry, but what would happen to you if I wasn't here?! I couldn't bare to let anything happen to you!" he yelled, my heart hurted. Why?

 

Jeongguk was three years younger than me, but I feel like he is older. He was my best friend since childhood. He was there when my parents died and left me with only my brother whom used all the money we have left to gamble. I was nothing more than a poor girl. Jeongguk was different, he had a great family and was extremely wealthy. But... his family does not like me. They only think of me as a gold-digger who hangs around their son just for the wealth. The poor girl who hangs around the rich to get money. But that was not the story...

 

"Here." he said, handing me a sandwich. I looked at him. "Jeongguk-ahh.." I murmured. He only smiled and set it down on my lap. "You haven't eaten anything in two days, just have it."

I stared at him. "T-thank you." I said and taking the sandwich, eating it. He was right, I haven't eaten in two days. I was starving for two days, my brother had once again used up all of our money on gambling. He did borrow money from these guys, but he just used it on gambling and is unable to pay back the money.

Jeongguk smiles happily as I eat the sandwich. He was 13, I was 16. "Noona looks so beautiful." he told me, his eyes capturing my face. All I could do was blush, I stopped eating and stared at him again. "W-what?"

 

Did Jeon Jeongguk just told me I looked beautiful? Impossible. I was so ugly, I think I'm ugly. My face had clumps of mud from the rain yesterday all over, my hair was messy and haven't been washed for days... and my skin... my flawless pale skin had bruises and scars all over because of the loan sharks that had been after my stupid brother.

 

"I said you're beautiful." he repeated once again. I still couldn't believe he told me such thing. Noone had ever commented about my looks, it's usually just 'Who's that poor girl?' and 'She's ugly.' 

I put the sandwich down and fix my hair. "S-stop it Kook ah.."

He smiled again, "Noona." he spoke, his hand goes to my hair. I blushed, why am I blushing? For god sake, I'm blushing for a guy that is 3 years younger than me... but then again what's wrong with that?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter