Duo

Demon Heart

Luhan’s POV


 

I found them in one of the rooms inside the castle. They were enjoying themselves, drinking like there’s no tomorrow with female demons on their laps. They instantly look at my direction with devilish smiles on their faces as I approach them with a smirk on the face.


 

“Done already?” Chanyeol was the first one to ask me. I rolled my eyes at his question while the other guys inside the room snickered.


 

“Obviously, Chanyeol! You giant babo,” Baekhyun answered him. The tall guy gave him a stinging glare.


 

“Shut up, you midget!”


 

I shook my head at them. Here they go again, fighting over each other’s flaws. Chanyeol and Baekhyun are cousins, but they are quite the opposite, not just on looks but also with behaviors. Chanyeol's tall while Baekhyun is short. Chanyeol is impatient normally, unlike Baekhyun who is typically cool and lively. The latter also acts childishly, while the former behaves maturely. Very different, indeed.


 

I took a deep breath and sit on one of the single comfy chairs. I really wanted to take a rest, but unfortunately, Yuri is still sleeping in my room, on my mattress. I don’t want her any longer, and I hope it’s the same for her, although I doubt about it. Women love me, not just because I’m devilishly handsome, but also because I’m the prince. I’m very powerful, and I can do anything I want. I am, after all, is the only son of Tablo, ruler of Hell.


 

I decided to rest my head on the table in front of me. I moved the wine glass and lay my head on the cold crystal surface. But before I could even close my eyes, I was awaken by Tao’s out of the blue question.


 

“Is she still like the others?”


 

Upon hearing it, I straightened up and looked at his direction. The other demons inside the room are watching me like a hawk, waiting for me to unveil my answer. I exhaled exaggeratedly and look down.


 

“Yeah. Still a common toy. She is not even a .”


 

Tao, together with the others, roar out laughing at my response.


 

“ it, dude! What did you expect on a demon woman, ? No one’s now! Right, ladies?” Kai told me straightly. The women only nodded their beautiful heads.


 

I shut my mouth and choose to keep quiet. Kai was right anyway. But still, I want a ! Who else doesn’t want one?


 

I run my hands through my messed up hair and lay my head back on the table. I closed my eyes and imagine what it would feel to even a . Is she tight? Will she bleed a lot? Is it okay if I have her first? Is she far more beautiful, beautiful than the demon women I have laid before? These questions run through my mind.


 

“Why don’t you a human instead? Many among them are s, anyway.”


 

Quickly, I opened my eyes. I looked at D.O, the one who innocently asked the idea with wonder and glimmer in the eyes. I don’t visit Earth, and most of all, I don’t crave for human girls. In fact, I didn’t even try to bed one before. It’s not that they don’t attract me, it’s just because they look weak to me. They don’t have powers like us underlords, like the demon women I had before, which makes them more pathetic and fragile. But this time, maybe I'll try, for the sake of having an untainted woman for myself. What if one of these human girls will actually enchant me and captivate my heart? That would look lame, but nevertheless, I can say that it is somewhat anticipating.


 

I watched everyone and realiza that they are also staring at D.O. A smirk forms instantly on my lips. For us, it’s quite unusual for him to think such naughty ideas. Among everyone, D.O is the most innocent. He fancies women, but he doesn’t want to have with them. Don’t misinterpret his gender; it’s just that he only thinks that they are dirty.


 

“You’re right, D.O. That’s a good idea,” I told him. “How did you even even know that? Did you already try one?”


 

The demons around the room burst out laughing. D.O shook his head and stared at me. 


 

“Then how?” I asked him with a smile.


 

D.O sighed and brought his smile back.


 

“Because whenever Kris and I visit the human world, he would always insists that I should try ual even with a single human girl. You know I can’t even if I want to. Then, he would always remind me that many of them are untouched and that they are not dirty just like the demonesses are.”


 

After hearing Kris’ name from D.O, I inspect the room immediately. Kris was not around. As far as I can remember, it was him who always preferred human girls in terms of lovemaking. He like s, love s rather. Kris is also the type of a cold hearted demon and doesn’t care on the things happening around him, except only if he is interested or if it bothers him. The last time I saw him was on the party, drinking with the guys. If he was present from that moment, where the is he now?


 

“Don’t bother yourself looking for him, your highness. He was just in human world, like the usual,” Tiffany said. She’s the one who is sitting on Kai’s lap.

 

Tiffany is widely known around the kingdom as a very good telepath. She can infiltrate your mind and can even change some part of your memories. Although she can read our (underlords) minds, that’s just it. Beside that, she can’t affect us entirely. When I looked at her, I saw how Kai travel his hands on the exposed thighs of the demoness while kissing her neck. I just smirked while looking at them.


 

“You two. Find a room,” I told them instantly. The pair just laughed at me.


 

“Why don’t you ask Chen to find you a human girl?” I heard D.O said.


 

I faced D.O after hearing his voice and thought about it. He really has a point this time.


 

“You're smart today, D.O. But anyway, have you seen him? I haven’t seen him right after Yuri and I went in my room.”


 

I look at the other residents of the room, and it seems like they also don’t have any idea. Suddenly, a puff of smoke appeared beside me and became Chen himself. I instantly grin at his sudden entrance. He really have ears like hell.


 

“Calling for me, young master?” Chen, the loyal butler/servant of mine, asked after bowing his head.


 

“Where have you been?”


 

“I was roaming around the castle together with the guards, young master,” he answered. “They told me that they saw some outcasts trying to enter our realm.”


 

I nodded my head while listening to him. Outcasts -- that’s what they call to the human spirits taken by the Soul Ripper using his death scythe. They were the souls of those humans who failed to be good while still living. Their souls are being burned into the sea of fire outside our castle; moans of sufferings are usually heard from them. Some of them tried to escape their ill-fated destiny by invading through our fortress. What they don’t know is that hellhounds watch over our territory. And if ever these outcasts unluckily encounter them, then they are more than dead. They will feel pain more than they already have. I sighed deeply. Poor them. Poor, unfortunate, pathetic souls.


 

When Chen finished talking, we just look at each other. He then bow his head again as a sign of respect. My smile positioned itself back on my lips. My blood is getting excited to tell him my desire. Chen had been one of my family’s loyal servants. When I was born, he was the one who took care of me, creating a special bond between us. He is like a brother, a special follower of mine. I trust him the most, much more than my friends and family.


 

My tiredness, all of a sudden, vanished. I stood up and stare at him, the smile still plastered on my lips.


 

“Chen, I have a favor to ask you.”


 

He quickly looked up to me and a smile mold on his dry lips.


 

“Anything for you, young master.”


 

I observed my friends and their damn demon es. They are all looking on us with a grin, waiting for my command. Tao even winked at me. I just rolled my eyes at him.


 

“Then bring what I want. Find me a human girl, fresh and unspoilt.”


 

Chen smirked at my request.


 

“Your wish is my command, young master.”


 

He then bowed his head for the last time and live at once, trail of smoke became the remnants of his departure.


 

My servant already left but I still remain standing on the same spot. My smile never faded. I was smiling like an idiot. I’m very excited to have her already, but I should wait patiently. And right after this long wait, I will have a human girl for myself. My own slave...


 


 

And mine alone.


 

~ ~ ~

Normal POV


 

Luhan is patiently waiting for Chen’s return. He was still at the same room while his friends already left to do something ‘’ to the demoness they were with. Also, D.O already left and decided to go to the human world by himself. Luhan thought that his ‘student’ must be calling him now.


 

He was drinking by himself, when without a warning, a smoke came into view. Luhan already know who it is.


 

“So, did you find one?” he asked immediately.


 

Chen, on the other hand, upon seeing his master, bowed instantly.


 

“Yes, young master. And I’m very sure that you will like her.”


 

Luhan smiled to himself. He can’t wait to meet her. He looked at his servant and smiled at him. Luhan believes that Chen knows his type so well. He's very aware that that he will never fail to meet his expectations.


 

“Would you like me to bring her here, young master?”


 

Luhan stirred up from his self-absorption after hearing his servant’s words. Suddenly, an idea pop up from his adventurous mind.


 

“No. Don’t bring her here.”


 

Chen stared at his master while his brow furrowed.


 

“Why young master?” he asked.


 

Luhan sighed and brought his smile back once again. He lowered his vision and nibbles his bottom lip, happily playing with it. His servant only watched him, waiting for his answer. In a flash, Luhan looked him in the eyes.


 

“You don’t have to bring her here because--”


 

He started and paused midway. A small laugh vibrated from him. Chen was getting more curious about what he really wanted to do.


 

“--because I’ll be the one visiting her first.”


 

~ ~ ~


 

Dara miss this place a lot. She was inside her room, looking on the photographs in the album. Years already passed after she left this old place. The first time she came here was when her mom decided to left her in the hands of her grandma. She was merely a year old that time. According to her grandma, her parents had a conflict that time, and afraid that Dara might end up hurting, her mom decided to make her stay on her mother’s care. From that day, Dara was raised by the old woman. She also inherited her last name which is Park. Durami would always wonder why her parents never registered Dara’s birth, so she did it herself.


 

By then, time passed by so fast. Dara grew up with the old woman and learned only good things about life. This made her loved her grandma the most, more than her real parents.

 

When she was seven years old, she met her father. His name was Bang Cheolyong. He was a very handsome young man, with orange-like pigment hair. Dara know so little about him, and so is her grandma. They believe that the only one who knew him so well was her mom.


 

Cheolyong stayed with them for whole three years, and within those times, Dara learned a lot of things about him. Although she looked like her mom, her behavior was that of her father. They like spicy foods, they can easily convince anyone, they tend to like keeping secrets from the people around them and both like photographs. Dara was well aware that she was very happy with him.


 

Then one day, he decided to go away for an unknown reason. Dara never wanted him to leave her side and tried to persuade him to stay, but she never won. He still decided to live, and that was the last time she saw him. That day of his departure, Dara cried and stayed inside her room. Cheolyong wanted to see and talk to her but she closed her room and never open up to him. When he’s gone, she quickly unlocked the door and run towards her grandma who was sitting on the kitchen stool. When she saw her, Dara swiftly hugged her tightly. She cried so much that time.


 

When she turned fifteen, it was her mom’s turn to appear. Park Chorong, her mother, insisted her grandma on taking her back. Dara didn’t want to come, but because her grandma told her that it’s for the best, she left the place. After that, she never had the time to visit the old lady who raised her. Dara had been busy schooling. She tried to visit her grandma a lot of times, but failed because her mom didn’t want to allow her. Chorong was always afraid that she might never leave the old lady’s abode once she’s back. Dara can only sigh out of frustration. Her convincing powers always backfire when it comes to her mother. But this time, she surprisingly allowed her.


 

One night after she came home from work, her mom unexpectedly told her that from that day forth, she will now permit her to visit her granny’s place anytime she want to. That made Dara so happy and excited. She asked her mom why, but the only thing that she received as an answer was her smile. Her mom’s sweet smile. How she loves to see it, together with her and her father’s smile, like a complete family.


 

Yes. Like a family. It is still very unclear to her how her parents separated and made her end up with a broken family. She asked her many times, yet the only answer she would always get from her was always the same.


 

“Because we are not meant for each other.”


 

Dara sighed. That’s what her mother always tells her.


 

Realizing that she was thinking some lonely memories that should be long forgotten, Dara think happy thoughts instead. She decided to reminisce the childhood memories she had here, before her father even came to her life. She can still recall it so clearly. She can still remember how she grew up here, how her and her grandma made kimchi together, how she played with their neighbor’s children under the rain, how she would always cry whenever she got wounded even just a little gash or how she hated it when they play hide and seek and she would lose to rock, paper or scissors which always end up making her the seeker. Dara giggled at the memories, those sweet memories that became part of her childhood days.


 

But for her, the most unforgettable thing that ever happened to her was when she fell on the large and deep well because one of her playmates pushed her when they fight over an apple. That was quite hilarious for her. That way, she learned swimming. A smile formed on her lips after looking back at that particular memory.


 

“That’s right! The well!” she remembered all of a sudden.


 

Dara told her grandma that she will just go outside and look for the old well. She walked briskly, too excited to see the well which they always used before as a source of water. She’s like a teenage girl meeting her crush after a long time.


 

When she reached the backyard of her grandma’s house, her eyes went directly to the main source of her giddiness. Not caring about the itchy grasses surrounding the whole area, or the stones which can stumble anybody, Dara quickly approached it and looked down inside. Her face turned unhappy when she saw that the large well has dried up already and there was no water inside it. She stared inside, and was only welcomed with mosses and algae that stick in the throat of the waterhole. She took a deep breath.


 

“Omo.. I didn’t expect this,” Dara told herself. She stood up and decided to sat down on the stones that surrounds the mouth of the well.


 

Dara stayed there for a moment of silence. She scanned her surroundings and realizes that the place has changed a lot. The grasses were taller and the trees look older. Dara sighed and looked back again on the well. It clearly has no water, unlike before. She kind of like the well, and this always makes her ponder. It’s just a well, with water before and now is gone. She made a mental note that she will ask her grandma later how the well dried up.


 

Dara was brought back to her senses when she heard her grandma calling her name from the kitchen. It must be lunch time already. She quickly stood up and shake off the dirt her shorts caught while sitting. When she was ready to leave, suddenly, an unseen force pushed her. Dara was alarmed. She’s going to fell on the well!


 

But instead of feeling the rough surface, she was surprised when she felt dampness around and her body began to submerge. Dara opened her eyes and was startled when she realized that she was on water. Yes! She was on water! And that bubbled a curiosity inside her because why not? She saw the well with no water just a while ago and now she’s going to drown in it!


 

Feeling out of breath, she chose to swim back to the surface. But when she's about to do it, a hand grab her wrist. Dara then came face to face with the most handsome man she had ever seen in her entire life. He had round and sparkly eyes, partnered with long and thick eyelashes, small but pointed nose and lips formed into a teasing smile.


 

What? A teasing smile?!


 

Dara felt the air around her chest slowly decreasing. She’s going to die if she stays longer. She pulled her wrist and wander her eyes away from the stranger’s face. She doesn’t have an extra time to ogle at him and wonder why he is there.


 

She tried to struggle. She really has to go back to the surface now. Without a warning, the handsome man in front of her wound his other arm around her waist, making her cease on her movements. Dara gawked at him. She was being dragged to face him entirely. They stared at each other’s eyes, hearts beating together, and then, all of a sudden, he slammed his lips on her.


 

In that quiet and wet place, on that life or death situation, Sandara Park had her very first kiss.


 

~ ~ ~


 

~Once again, I'm back!!

Thank you by the way for those who voted and commented my stories. I feel great about it!

I would like to remind you guys that I may not be able to update my story next week because I'll be having my exam. I hope you understand my situation as a student.

But I'll try my best to update if I can.

Thanks for reading and see you next time!


 

_:shine25