Tres

Demon Heart

It was a cold night in Germany. In the middle of the forest, a house stood still among the trees. A young man is quietly indulging the cold breeze that hits his beautiful face. He is in the balcony, sitting on a rocking chair. All of a sudden, he heard the opening of the door, followed by the tingling sound of the chimes. He immediately look at the person who just went out.

 

It was a woman. She had a gorgeous face that can enchant a lot of men. Her eyes had the color of the skies, and her pointed nose was like sculptured by the Gods. But beyond all this, he knew that her beautiful appearance was very far from her character. After all, she is a Witch.

 

“Do you always stare at every woman that way, Kris?” the woman said in German.

 

Kris smirked at her question.

 

“No. Except only to those who are worth of my sight. And luckily, you’re one of them, Sulli.”

 

The said lady smiled while blushing. Who wouldn’t when the compliment came from a very gorgeous man slash demon?

 

“Whatever you say, Kris.”

 

The smirk from the said man widens. He set his eyes back to the dark surroundings that embraces them. Kris took a deep sigh.

 

“Is there anything that's bothering you?” the woman beside him asked.

 

He looked at her. His smile made its return to his kissable lips.

 

“Nothing,” Kris answered. “By the way, where is D.O?”

 

“He’s in basement. We just finished our lesson.”

 

Kris nodded his head. He stood up from the chair and goes directly to the door entrance.

 

“I’ll just go visit him. He doesn’t know I’m here, isn’t he?”

 

“Yes. Ever since you came here an hour ago, he is yet to feel your presence.”

 

The young man nodded his head for the second time and goes inside. He promptly went down to the basement of the small house. It was a little dark inside, a perfect place indeed for dark arts. It was only illuminated by a single lamp on the table, just beside the books. Soon, he saw a black owl positioned on the shelf, staring at him. He smiled.

 

The said winged animal flew towards him and fixed itself on Kris’ left shoulder.

 

“How’s the night, D.O?” Kris asked.

 

The owl just made some cooing sounds, but Kris can understand everything it says.

 

“Is that so?” He said with a chuckle.

 

D.O was telling him how Sulli failed a lot today. She made mistakes on the potion’s formula; she tried to make a rat turn into a cat but became a cockroach instead; and lastly, she chanted the wrong spells when she attempted to heal a wounded woodpecker. The poor bird died in the end.

 

Kris wanted to laugh at D.O’s story. Out of all the witches that D.O met and taught, Sulli was the worst. Although she’s the prettiest (according to Kris), she still . She’s a complete failure. This made D.O cursed himself for being a Familiar- a demon who is a guide to the witch in dark arts. They taught them a lot about black magics and witchcrafts. Unlike Kris who is an incubus, a demon who performs ual with mortal women during their sleep, D.O’s appearance transformed from human shape into an animal whenever he visit Earthland. This is the main reason why he can’t have with any mortal women. His form is that of the owl.

 

Kris stopped laughing. He pities his friend.

 

“Well, the only thing you can do is to bear with her. After all, you are his teacher and she is your student,” he said.

 

If D.O was in his human form, Kris knew that his friend will be sighing deeply now.

 

“Let’s change the topic. How’s Luhan and Yuri after their ‘capade’ by the way?”

 

He felt his friend’s excited demeanor. D.O told him the whole story, starting from how Luhan left Yuri after their until how the prince asked Chen to get him a mortal woman because of his suggestion.

 

“So my cousin wanted a mortal now?” Kris thought. He smiled secretly on his mind. This conversation was getting more and more exciting.

 

When Kris was about to ask who the girl was, the door opened suddenly. They saw Sulli went inside and approached them.

 

“So, are you two enjoying each others company?” she asked.

 

“Of course, despite the narrow area,” Kris answered while showing a smile. He caressed D.O’s feathery head.

 

“That’s good to hear. So, can I join you?”

 

D.O cooed at Kris after hearing Sulli’s question. He looked at him and saw his agreement. He turned his eyes back to the lady in front of them and nod at her.

 

“I think that would be great,” Kris said. Sulli just smiled at him.

 

The three had a lively talk that night. But, on Kris’ mind, a single thing never cease to bother him.

 

“I wonder who will be Luhan’s mortal girl. This is interesting.”

 

Kris then smiled like an idiot.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Dara suddenly woke up. She was breathing heavily while her heart beats so fast. She sat up straight and scans the place immediately. Her eyes went wide when she noticed that she was inside her room, sitting on her bed. Dara’s mind went into knots.

 

“Why am I in here? Didn’t I went outside?”

 

Dara was very sure that she left her room and goes outside to see the large well at the backyard. Everything felt so real that time, especially when she fell into the well. But right now, her eyebrows nearly met because of confusion. She can’t understand what’s happening.

 

“Don’t tell me it was just a dream then?” she asked herself once more.

 

Dara scratched the back of her head. That’s the most probable reason. She looked at her side and saw the photo album she was scanning moments ago. This made Dara smile.

 

“Maybe I really just fell asleep,” she thought.

 

Dara stood up quickly from her bed and put the photo album back to her bookshelf. She decided to eat for lunch after realizing her stomach’s already grumbling. Her eyes landed on the wall clock and was shock automatically when her eyes saw that it was almost two in the afternoon.

 

“!”

 

Dara hurriedly left her small chamber and went downstairs. Her grandma will surely scold her. The old lady doesn’t like the idea of making the food wait. She would always remind her before that foods are in their best taste when they are still warm and fresh from the cook. In the end, Dara would always end up nodding at her words. But one thing is bothering her right now.

 

“Why didn’t granny wake me up?”

 

When she reached the dining room, she saw the answer to her question. Park Durami, her grandma, was quietly sleeping on the table beside the foods. Dara exhaled deeply. What’s with them sleeping at the same time of the day?

 

She carefully approached the old woman and gently shook her body.

 

“Granny. Wake up.”

 

Before the old woman opened her eyes, Dara called and shook her three times more. Durami stretched her skinny body and tilted her neck to the side many times, creating cracking noises. The old lady looked at Dara and looked at her face carefully.

 

“Dada?”

 

Dara just nodded her head. The old lady turned her eyes to the table and was startled when she saw the foods.

 

“Oh my God! I forgot to call you for our lunch. What time is it already?”

 

Dara wanted to laugh at her Grandmother’s panicking reaction. She looks really adorable despite looking old.

 

“It’s probably two in the afternoon already, Granny. How did you fell asleep on the table anyway? I always thought you don’t like sleeping anywhere beside on your bed or your rocking chair.”

 

Durami stared at her granddaughter. She doesn’t know how to answer her as well.

 

“I don’t know neither.”

 

Dara’s eyebrows met once again after hearing her grandma’s answer. What’s happening now is unusual. What she know about her grandma’s sleeping habit is true. Also, Dara was back on getting confuse again. What’s happening with them?

 

“Are you sure, granny?”

 

The old lady just nodded her head.

 

“Okay. What’s happening now is weird,” Dara thought.

 

There are a lot of things she can’t understand this day. First, when they were having a nice talk in the living room right after she came here, she felt like somebody was watching them. She had goosebumps all over her body during that time. Second, her dream that seems so real. She even saw that she fell into the well and felt the coldness of the water. And now, her grandma sleeping soundly on the dining table which is not so typical for her. Dara feels like something did this to them; like someone put a magic on them.

 

She shook her head. Who would even do that to them? Ghosts who will watch you without seeing them, make you fell asleep and then make you forget everything that happened even before you visit dreamland?

 

“That’s impossible. There is no ghost like that.”

 

Dara closed her eyes. Her mind is in its disarrange state. Then, out of the blue, she remembered her weird dream, especially the part where there is this strange man.

 

“Yes! That man!”

 

Dara felt like her face heat up after remembering the man in the well. She can still remember his face very clearly, like it was imprinted on her mind. He had doe-like eyes, paired with it’s charcoal pigment. His nose was small but pointed, which really fitted him. He had brown hair just like her, only a shade lighter. And most of all, he had kissable lips.

 

Dara know that she shouldn’t bother herself thinking about him because what’s happening now is suppose to be weirder than that dream. But she can’t help it. It was her first time getting a kiss, although it happened during her dream. Unlike her best friend Bom who loves mixing dates and boys together, Dara is very conservative compared to the former. Although a lot of men tried to pursue her love, she always dismissed them and told them that she is not yet interested.

 

Dara touched her lips. She like the feeling of her and the stranger’s lips collide together. His lips were soft and the way he kissed her was sweet and passionate. She smiled to herself. It was only a dream, but Dara feels like it was all real.

 

“Dada? Are you okay, honey?”

 

Dara flinched when she heard her grandma. She was staring at her straightly, her eyebrows in arc. She smiled uncomfortably to the old lady.

 

“I’m fine, granny. I just remembered something,” she answered.

 

The old lady smiled at her playfully.

 

“Are you daydreaming about your boyfriend?”

 

Dara’s eyes feel like they wanted to get out from their sockets. She never expected her grandma to ask such question. The poor lady blushed deep red and lowered her head.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

 

Dara immediately faced her.

 

“But I don’t have a boyfriend, granny!”

 

Durami just laugh at her granddaughter’s distressed face. She know that she doesn’t have a boyfriend yet. Dara said it herself when she arrived.

 

“I know that, Dada. No need to shout,” she said softly. “And since it’s not your boyfriend, which unfortunately you don’t have for now, then maybe it was your ideal future husband? Did you have a dream about him?”

 

Dara’s eyes widen once again. This is getting really embarrassing each second. She blushed like a ripe cherry.

 

“Granny! Of course not!”

 

Durami laughed one more time at her burst out. On the other hand, the younger lady inside the dining area wanted the earth to just swallow her.

 

“Granny! Stop that! Let’s just put this weird situation aside and eat silently, okay? I’m very hungry  already.”

 

Dara pulled one of the chairs surrounding the table and quickly sat down on it. Durami looked at her and saw her prepared herself some food. She smiled.

 

“Okay. Let’s just eat then,” she said. The old lady set herself beside the younger woman and also arranged some food for herself.

 

Dara secretly observed her grandma, and after noticing her quietly eating with no problem, she brought her mind back to her dream. She’s wondering if the guy he just saw there was really her ideal future husband. She never had a time to imagine the possible face of her ideal man. Actually, she doesn’t even know her preferences for a guy yet. That is why that out of all the dreams she had, this one was the most unexpected. Dara never imagined that a very perfect face like that would even exist in her mind. And for sure, no face like that will exist even for a hundred years. That was too unrealistic to happen. It was really just a dream.

 

Dara discharged the thought and keep on reminding herself to keep her odd dream a secret. There is a possibility that she will be taunted about it, especially if she tell it to Bom. She took a deep sigh and smiled secretly. After all, she loves keeping secrets, right? And maybe, just maybe, after this day of weird things, a beautiful tomorrow will come.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Luhan wanted to laugh upon seeing Kai’s face in front of him. The tan guy looks really mad. His eyes were very red like blood and his fangs are starting to protrude from his mouth. He smiled. This is interesting.

 

“Are you going to smile forever like an idiot or just explain right away why you took Tiff from her chamber?”

 

Luhan can sense his wrath. He can’t stand it anymore so he laughed out loud. Kai, one of the underlords like him, is an incubus just like Kris. He is very possessive when it comes to his properties, especially Tiffany. As a matter of fact, the lady was already his wife.

 

He saw the man’s anger intensified even more. So before anything happens, he decided to stop his burst out and reveal his reason.

 

“It’s not like I kidnapped her, Kai. I just needed her powers to help me for something.”

 

Kai, after hearing the prince’s words, felt relieve. Luhan smiled seeing his reaction.

 

“Really? Are you sure?”

 

Luhan nodded his head.

 

Kai know that Luhan doesn’t lie to him, and will never lie to him. He slowly returned back to his normal self. His fangs shortened and his eyes were back to it’s beautiful onyx color.

 

“Why didn’t you say so?” Kai asked.

 

“Because I’m enjoying watching you getting mad over something so unimportant.”

 

The incubus just scoffed. He disheveled his dark locks and washed his hands over his face. He looked at the smirking demon again. Kai sighed deeply.

 

“Sorry.”

 

Luhan stared at him, still with a smile.

 

“I should be the one saying sorry for making you mad. Sorry, dude.”

 

Kai smirked at him. He smirked back.

 

They were inside Luhan’s room. The demon prince is comfortably sitting on his chair beside the window, holding a wine glass on his hand. A while ago, he was quietly enjoying the silence when suddenly, Kai came barging in. He looked mad and kept on asking him what he and Tiffany did. He also said that the woman doesn’t want to answer his questions because ‘his highness’ will get mad at her. This made Kai thought some terrible ideas about them like cheating and adultery .

 

After some moments, Kai decided to sit down on Luhan’s bed. He felt like his energy were drained to emptiness. He looked at the mattress and noticed that Yuri, the one who should still be sleeping by then, was gone.

 

“Where’s your mate?”

 

Luhan looked at the curious Kai. He’s already staring at him with full of questions in the eyes.

 

“The maid said that she probably left an hour ago,” Luhan answered and brought his eyes back outside the window. Kai just nodded and touched the silky mattress.

 

“I’m sure that she looked for you.”

 

The prince smiled. He was very aware of that.

 

The opening of the door distracts the silence inside. The two males look at the intruder and saw the smiling face of Tiffany.

 

“Hello, your highness,” she said and bowed. Luhan nodded his head as a sign of greeting. The woman looked at the other male inside the room and smiled at him ily.

 

“Hello, baby,” she said while approaching Kai.

 

Kai observed her. Her walk tantalizes him. He pulled her directly on his lap when she was only inches away from him and give her a very hot kiss. Luhan, who is busy watching the two with a smirk, feels envy grows inside him. His smirk slowly dissipates.

 

“The both of you look good together.”

 

Tiffany sat on Kai’s lap and along with him, they face the handsome demon prince.

 

“Ahh..Your highness is jealous,” Tiffany mocked him.

 

Luhan chuckled at her words. He gradually took a sip from his wine and observes the cuddling couple from the rim of the glass. Tiffany has a point. Maybe he’s jealous.

 

“But it won’t last long, Tiff,” he thought with a smile. He drank all the remaining wine in the glass and leaned his back on the chair. He then closes his eyes.

 

“By the way, why did you needed Tiff’s help?”

 

Upon hearing the question, Luhan opened his eyes and sat up straight. He looked at the incubus who asked him.

 

“Why don’t you ask Tiff?”

 

Kai looked at the woman on his lap and saw her staring at Luhan.

 

“Are you sure, your highness? You told me that I should not speak about it.”

 

Luhan wanted to laugh at Tiffany’s face. She looks scared.

 

“I was only kidding when I told you to keep it to yourself,” he said. “I just wanted to see Kai’s angry face since it was already so long ago when I last saw him get mad. Thanks to you.”

 

Kai looked at him annoyingly. Luhan chuckled once again.

 

“And besides, It seems that you can be trusted, Tiff. I really liked the result.”

 

Tiffany smiled at him.

 

“I’m very honored to be trusted by you, your highness,” the woman said and bows her head after. Luhan smiled at her.

 

“Do you still plan to tell me the reason or you’ll just keep on bowing and smiling with each other?”

 

Luhan and Tiffany laughed at Kai’s impatience. The latter just rolled his eyes.

 

“Okay. I’ll be the one to explain it since his highness told me to answer it to you, baby.”

 

Kai nodded his head and told her to go on. Tiffany exhaled deeply before starting. It’s going to be a long story.

 

“Ahm.. Actually, it’s all about this mortal girl named Dara.”

 

*Flashback*

 

Luhan planned to see Tiffany. He needed her on his mission on getting the mortal he dreams to have.

 

After learning that Tiffany was back to her room, Luhan went there directly, together with Chen. Tiffany was busy brushing her hair while looking in the mirror, when out of the blue, the demon prince and his loyal butler showed up.

 

“Good evening, Tiff.”

 

Tiffany was momentarily shock. He saw Luhan sitting comfortably on her bed.

 

“Good evening, your highness,” she greeted back and bowed her head as a respect. Luhan just smirked at her.

 

“How did it go?”

 

Tiffany looked at Luhan. She had this playful smile on his lips. Then, she realized suddenly what he was talking about.

 

“Well, Kai was still kind of rough as always but I like it. You know, like the usual.”

 

Luhan chuckled after hearing her words. The lady just blushed cherry red.

 

“Ahhmm..your highness, can I ask?”

 

Luhan stop her small laugh and nodded his head.

 

“Ahmm..I just want to know why you are here?” she asked.

 

Luhan’s eyes widened and her lips turned into an O shape. After a second, his smile was back.

 

“Actually, I’m here to ask you a favor.”

 

Tiffany stared at him wide eyed. It’s the first time Luhan asked her a favor.

 

“What is it, your highness?”

 

Luhan’s simple smile turned into a completely playful grin. He looked at Chen who is quietly standing on his side. Then, he brought his eyes back to Tiffany.

 

“I need your power.”

 

*End of Flashback*

 

Kai looked at the woman on her lap. She started to stop her story telling.

 

“For what then is the ‘need of your power’?” he asked while emphasizing the last four words.

 

Tiffany faced him. She doesn’t want to tell Kai what he had observe about Luhan during that time. She’s afraid that Luhan will get mad at her.

 

She looked at the prince. It seems like he is in his own world. So, she continued her story.

 

“And then, we went to Earth.”

 

*Flashback (continue)*

 

The three of them went to human world. Tiffany was very excited to see this mortal girl that caught Chen’s attention. She was very sure that this girl will be a real beauty because she easily had the emotionless butler’s eyes into her.

 

They went to a small town where a house with a wide backyard stood. It has a lot of neighbors beside it. Outside the house are some beautiful trees and shrubs. Also, at the backyard, Tiffany saw a large well. Right now, they are sitting on the branches of the tress.

 

“So, where is this girl?” she heard Luhan say.

 

Tiffany looked at Chen. He saw Luhan staring at him as well while the butler just keep on smiling.

 

All of a sudden, an opening of a door was heard. A beautiful and petite lady then went outside while giggling excitedly. She had a long, wavy, brown hair. She also had this set of dark pupils which can be notice easily. Her thin lips were formed into a smile, showing happiness.

 

But for Tiffany, the most attractive thing about her was her scent. She had a very sweet smell just like the aroma of vanilla and honey. She decided to look at Luhan to see his reaction, and what he saw really unexpectedly startled her.

 

Luhan was completely captivated by the mortal girl’s beauty. He had his mouth open while looking at her. His eyes were shining, and Tiffany can sense his excitement. Suddenly, his lips formed into a smile.

 

“You two, stay here,” Luhan said while staring at the giddy girl who is excitedly approaching the well. “Change of plan, Chen. We will not going to visit her normally. I have a better idea.”

 

Tiffany was getting confused of Luhan. He left the two of them and disappeared without a warning.

 

“What is he going to do now?” she asked.

 

“Let’s just trust young master. I know he has a better plan.”

 

Tiffany faced Chen and nodded her head.

 

They watched the mortal girl as she reached the well. As they observe her, they saw her puzzled-like reaction while looking inside the deep whole.

 

“Chen, Tiffany, can you hear me?”

 

Both of them were startled after hearing Luhan’s voice.

 

“Yes. We can hear you, young master,” Chen answered.

 

“That’s good to hear. Right now, I needed your help.”

 

Tiffany saw Chen nodded twice and heard him answered yes.

 

“Okay. Listen carefully. I’m inside the well now. I created an illusion for her eyes to see that there is no water inside here. At any moment, she will leave and go back inside. If ever she try to leave, I want one of you to push her inside so she can see and meet me. Do you understand?”

 

The both of them nodded after Luhan’s instructions. Chen volunteered to push the woman.

 

When the mortal girl, named Dara, was called by someone inside the house, the plan started. Chen pushed her into the well right before she step away.

 

The plan was a success. When Luhan rose from the water, they saw him carrying Dara bridal style.

 

“What happened to her, your highness?” Tiffany asked directly. Luhan just grinned.

 

“Something amazing.”

 

Tiffany was perplexed of his answer. But she knew that Luhan did something uncomfortable to the woman she was holding. The problem only is that she doesn’t have any idea.

 

“By the way, Tiffany..”

 

Tiffany looked at Luhan who is still holding the soaked Dara.

 

“Yes, your highness?”

 

The prince smiled at her. He gave Dara to Chen and informed him to bring her to her room. He also told him to dry her up by giving her heat waves which can dry and warm anything. After that, he faced Tiffany again.

 

“Her grandma seems to know she went outside,” he started. “So, for you to be still useful, I want you to erase that part of her memory where Dara told her she was going to see the well. Make her sleep also so she can’t wake Dara up.”

 

Tiffany nodded her head as an agreement. She then went quickly inside the house to do her task.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

“That was it?”

 

Tiffany nodded her head at Kai’s question. She then look at Luhan and saw the prince sleeping soundly on the chair.

 

“Look. Your highness is already sleeping,” she said.

 

Kai gaze at Luhan and sigh deeply.

 

“He must be tired. Let’s leave him.”

 

Tiffany stood up from her husband’s lap and let him pulled her by the hand. They quietly left the room.

 

While walking down the hallway of the big mansion, Kai suddenly talked.

 

“I think Luhan had fallen for that mortal girl.”

 

Tiffany stop on her tracks and looked at the man of her life.

 

“Why do you think so?”

 

The man hugged her tightly and kissed her temple.

 

“Because he did a playful plan to get the girl’s attention.”

 

Tiffany’s eyebrows arched.

 

“And?”
 

Kai smirked at her.

 

“And only men who fell in love would do that.”

 

Tiffany smiled at him.

 

“Yes. Just like you did to me before.”

 

The two of them then shared a kiss.

 

Unknown to them, the prince they were talking about was very wide awake inside his room. Luhan smiled and stretched his arms.

 

“Time to visit you again, my Dara..”

 

~ ~ ~

 

Dara woke up from her bed with the sunrays hitting her face. She yawned and scratched her eyes, not bothering to open them. She look for her pillow beside her. After reaching it, she embraced it tightly and realized that it was kind of hard and warm. She opened her eyes quickly, and there, she saw a chest. Instantaneously, Dara became wide awake.

 

“Kyaaahh!!!”

 

She swiftly sat up and pulled her blanket towards her body. Dara stared at the guy who is completely awake now (thanks to her sudden scream) but still lying on the bed.

 

“Good Morning, Dara,” he said in a husky voice.

 

Dara’s heartbeat became fast. She just stared at the guy who is very familiar to her. And then, in a span of ten seconds, she recalled who he is.

 

“You’re the guy I saw in the well!”

 

The man sat up quickly and nod his head. A smile crept up from his pink lips. Dara moved back away from him, getting startled at his sudden reaction.

 

“What are you doing on my bed?”

 

Dara was getting scared every second. Isn’t he from her dream only?

 

The stranger smirked at her. Dara shivers at his reaction. He looks very handsome and dangerous at the same time.

 

“Don’t be scared. I’m not going to do anything that may harm you.”

 

He stared at her, and she did the same.

 

“I’m Luhan. And from now on, you are my bride.”

 

Dara’s mouth gaped. And the only words that’s going around her head were:

 

 

WHAT THE HELL?!

 

~ ~ ~

 

Hello guys!!

 

Sorry for the very late update and I would just like to remind you that I will be having an exam next week. Because of this, I don't think that I'll be able to update this story. Hope you understand me as a student. And by the way, thank you to those who subscribed, commented and upvoted this story.~fighting!

 

_:shine25.