Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe

Once Upon a Fairytale

Yi Fan looks over to his right where Tao is standing with his head bowed reverently before looking up towards his father, the king.

          “Father, last night on my walk through the woods, I discovered a fairly odd stranger.  His speech and dress are unlike our own, and his attitude is irreverent.”

          “Has he been turned over for questioning?” the king inquires disinterestedly.

          “Tao and I have questioned him ourselves.”

          “And for what reason did you think that was necessary?” the king looks at his son sternly.  “We have people in our payroll who could do a far better job than either of you.”

          “I am aware, father,” Yi Fan bows his head in acquisition, “However, this stranger is so peculiar, I thought it best to deal with him discreetly.  Upon questioning, Tao has come to believe that this stranger is not from our land, or any of the nations surrounding us.  He believes that this stranger comes from a different world entirely.”

          “Really,” the king is showing some interest now as he leans forward and clasps his hands in front of him, arms resting against his knees.  “Very well, Tao, please elaborate.”

          “Yes your majesty,” Tao bows low before continuing.  “In times past, it has been spoken that in times of great turmoil, the worlds align themselves in such a way so as to transport a being from their world to ours.  It is said that this person has the power to save or destroy kingdoms before during their time in our world.  I believe that this stranger is like those in the tales. We must proceed with caution, for his coming is an omen that not all is well in our land.”

          “And what is it that you suggest we do?”

          “Your highness, we must keep his identity a secret, and we must keep him safe.  I truly believe that in his hands rests the safety of our kingdom, and thus, his own safety is imperative.”

          “Very well, Tao.  You have never once led us astray, so I will believe your words once more, no matter how implausible I find them to be.

          “Yi Fan, see to it that this stranger is set up in his own quarters.  I will leave it to you to create a new identity for him.”

          “Yes father,” Yi Fan bows in acknowledgment of his orders.

          As they turn to leave, the king calls out a few parting words, “Make sure that the two of you operate under the strictest discretion.  If he is who you says he is, then it is vital that you keep this a secret.”   

          “Yes sire,” they both respond as they make their way out of the throne room to do as instructed.

 

A/N:

Sorry about the inconsistent chapter lengths, it is all entirely dependant on when I think it's ready to end.  Anyway, I hope you're enjoying so far, please continue to subscribe and comment on my story, your words fill my heart with glee.  :)