Scary Tall Man

Once Upon a Fairytale

When Kyungsoo finally comes to, it is to the feeling of something cold and sharp pressed against the soft skin of his neck.

          As he tries to sit up, a heavy, boot-clad foot kicks him in the chest, pushing him down once more.  Opening his eyes, Kyungsoo looks up blearily to see a very long sword directly in his line of sight.  As his gaze follows the length of the sword up to the hilt, and past the arm holding it, he is astonished and terrified to see the face of a very angry man scowling down at him.

          His is a long face with narrow, brooding eyes and thick, dark eyebrows drawn together into a glower.  The darkness of his features is offset by long honey-blonde hair pulled back into a half ponytail, leaving certain strands to fall across his face.

          Only after Kyungsoo takes in all of the features of the man’s face does he notice two things: first, angry man is extraordinarily tall, and second, Scary Tall Man is dressed in full plate armor.

          “What.” Kyungsoo mumbles out nearly incoherently, more a statement than a question.  "Who the hell wears plate armor and carries a sword around anymore, are you some escaped Rennie?" He asks in a state of complete confusion.  He wouldn't really be surprised though to find one of the people he works with at the Renaissance Faire running around with a sword in the woods, though why they'd be in his woods, he really doesn't know.

          “You! Name yourself,” Scary Tall Man demands in a way that makes Kyungsoo feel inclined to oblige.

          The heavy boot is still pressed hard against his chest making it difficult for him to breathe, but Kyungsoo nonetheless manages to splutter out the words, “Kyungsoo! Do Kyungsoo!”

          “What are you Do Kyungsoo?” Scary Tall Man growls out intimidatingly, pressing the point of his sword harder into Kyungsoo’s throat, drawing out a small trickle of blood and eliciting a sharp gasp of pain from the poor, confused boy.

          “W-what do you mean?” Kyungsoo stammers out, having no idea what Scary Tall Man means by ‘what.’

          The sword is pressed even more sharply into his throat as Scary Tall Man leans down to glower menacingly into Kyungsoo’s face, weight being added to the foot against his chest.

          “I said what. are. you.” And with each punctuation, the giant of a man kicks him in the chest with his unbelievably heavy foot.

          “That ing hurts!” Kyungsoo yells out in response, having had enough of being confused and bullied.  “I’m a ing human, I don’t know what else I’d be!  Now get your God damned sword away from my neck and let me stand the up!”  He yells as he pushes the sword away from his neck, clamping a hand against it to try to stop the blood flow.

          Scary Tall Man, apparently bewildered by the small boy’s sudden angry outburst, allows for his sword to be pushed away and his foot to fall off of his chest.

          Kyungsoo, free from the restraints of the sword and foot, clambers unsteadily to his feet.  As he rises to his full (unimpressive) height, the world spins suddenly and he feels a sharp pain in the back of his head.

          Oh yeah, he thinks as he once again begins to lose consciousness, I hit my head really hard.

          And suddenly Kyungsoo thinks no more as he once again collapses to the ground to the unprecedented shock and bewilderment of Scary Tall Man.