In the Same Boat

Sunny Side Down

**I admit, I do act rashly sometimes. Now those guys were trying to kill Bora. I heard them, and they were going to kill me. I fired first, and caused the shooting, that was my bad. But the alternative would have been them shooting first at Bora. I like the girl to death, don’t get me wrong, but I doubt a junior agent could survive an ambush or an attack. At least this way both Bora and the bad guys are caught off guard and surprised, rather than just Bora. **

Sunny could hear the sounds of gunfire, none of which she recognized as a 9mm pistol, and the Glock 19 issued by NIS was a 9mm. Bora wasn’t shooting. There were plenty sounds of machine gun fire; pinning fire, shooting to keep Bora pin down while another team move to flank and approach at Bora. That’s how Sunny would attack a human target with the odds in her favor.

She reached ground floor and spotted some of the bad guys pinning Bora. Sunny double checked her weapon to make sure a round was chambered, she paused and took a deep breath and turn to open fire at the men’s position. She used short bursts, she didn’t hit anyone but she knew she caught their attention and that was all she needed at this moment. It would allow Bora to recompose herself and noticed the advancing team, hopefully. She heard the boom of the short barreled pistol and knew Bora was engaging targets. Click. Sunny emptied her first magazine in the MP5 and ducked down to reload behind the corner she was using as cover. Holes began to rip through near her position.

**I don’t know why, but TV always like to show people taking cover by resting their back against the car or wall or something, I guess it looks more dramatic but it’s just silly. Why would you want to turn your back to the enemy? I was taught to just get down and/or get behind the cover and face the general direction of fire. It’s less work this way too. Oh another thing, I don’t know why but TV likes show people always using handguns in a gunfight. Special Forces and spies are well trained in handguns but seriously, given the choice I would pick a long gun. Shoulder-mounted weapon is hard to beat, even if it’s something small like a MP5, the steadiness and accuracy is incredible. Oh, it’s helpful to remember that normally 9mm will not penetrate stone, all the way through a car or through appliances, but 5.56mm can.**

The brick of the building corner Sunny used as cover was slowly chipping away. Several rounds zipped through the thinner parts, she re-engaged the men and noticed their weapons this time, G36-class weapons. Whoever these guys were, they had money supporting them. G36s are used by the German army and various agencies worldwide and had a higher cost than the M16/M4s the US had, big toys means big money. It was another sign that these guys were pros, or at least the ones calling the shots were at least. The knowledge force Sunny to act quicker, she didn’t know how long someone as inexperienced at Bora could last against trained professionals. Sunny redirected her aim, she wasn’t using harassing fire anymore; she fired towards their heads to drop them quick. Margin of error was greater, but she was confident in her skills and they dropped lifeless to the ground. She scrambled up to Bora’s location shouting her name.

“Bora, I’m coming to you from the south! Don’t shoot!” Sunny screamed loud enough to make sure Bora heard. She bumped up behind Bora and gently let her know she was there. “Hey, having fun? Experience isn’t always what it’s made out to be huh?”

“It was only suppose to be a simple stake-out, now it’s a firefight. Where are the cops? This kind of noise you think there would be some response. What the hell...  I’m on my last mag.”

“Bora, I can’t be here when the cops arrive and maybe you shouldn’t be either. See that door, 30 meters your 2'o clock? I’ll cover you and you make your way over there okay? Here, take this.” Sunny handed the pistol she took off the first man she killed and the two magazines. “When you get there, just hold what you got and I’ll circle around to you and finish these guys and we’ll get out of here. Okay. On three, one... two... three!”

Bora took off sprinting while Sunny provided cover fire into the men’s shooting positions until Bora started firing to allow Sunny to move around. Realistically Sunny knew she couldn’t get all of the shooters but figured to inflict enough damage before retreating. She approached one shooting position and eliminated the three shooters and continued to circle around to target other bad guys. There were about six or seven more firing positions that she herself could see, there was no telling where other bad guys were hiding. Sunny swung into a room where four guys were firing onto Bora’s new location. Sunny was successful in taking out one of the bad guys but the MP5 just clicked when she pointed at the other three.

“Oh damn... Frick me...” Sunny cursed and threw the gun to one of the bad guys and quickly charged at them to jam them up; she threw a few of her patented shin kicks and elbows and pulled the pins of the flashbang grenades on vest. Sunny ducked out the room and heard the boom of the explosion. The blasted knocked the guys away from each other and they were dazed. Sunny returned to the room to kick each one in the head to knock them out. She reached for one their guns but could hear faint sirens in the distance and decided to break off to sprint to Bora’s position, she opened the rear of the building that Bora was at and told her to follow. “Let’s go! We’re out of time. Come on!”

Sunny took the gun that Bora was using and wiped it off with her shirt and dropped it to the floor and lead Bora around in a circle back to Bora’s car. By the time they got into the seats, the police had arrived with SWAT teams and guns ready to go. Sunny drove the car calmly away and back to Bora’s apartment.

“You have to go back to the station, you need to report this. They’ll want to know that you were involved in a shooting. You said it was an official mission so you should be okay,” Sunny said.  The two sat in the car for a while, Bora was still trying to recollect herself. It was after all her first live firefight. Training just sometimes didn’t compare to the real thing. Bora nodded. “Okay, I’ll go up to your room and wait for you. Call me if anything happens okay?”

Sunny got out of the car and went up to Bora’s room, she searched for a suitcase and started to throw in some of Bora’s clothes into the luggage.

**********************

“You must have scared her off if she let you live,” Hyoyeon reasoned.

“I don’t think so. For someone with her skills, she should have been able to take me out easily. She was awfully merciful for a cold blooded killer. Did trace get anything?” Taeyeon asked about her clothes. She was now wearing jeans and a t-shirt a sweater since she sent her pant suit into evidence to get looked at.

“Nothing so far. Everything on her clothes still say she’s been in Korea, nothing special, we figured she never left town. So nothing new sadly,” Hyoyeon answered.

“Hey, there was a big shootout just moments ago. Seoul PD just got the situation handled. I have my guys ready to take over, just thought I should let you know,” Siwon said after knocking and barging into the office. He left again with his team following him out of the building.

“That guy is weird. I can’t get him,” Hyoyeon stated. One of the agents knocked and informed them that Bora who was involved in the shootout had returned. “Oh that was a NIS involved shooting? This will be interesting.”

Agents Kim walked into the room first where Bora was being held, hoping to get information before any of the other NIS agents could get to her. Frankly the two Kims only trusted members of their team that the brought with them from Central and were slowly checking off the members of the station as trustworthy.

“Agent Yoon, I have to say it is very nice to see you again and under very exciting circumstances. So you were involved in a shooting huh? Don’t take this the wrong way, but exactly what were you doing?”

“I was on a stakeout.”

“Ordered by whom?”

“It wasn’t on the books, I was just told to look out for the subject and apprehend if possible. I lost the subject when the shooting started.”

“Who was the subject?” An analyst brought in some files from the Seoul PD about the shooting. “Oh nevermind, we have some of the information here...” Taeyeon asked.

“What happened Yoon?” Hyoyeon asked.

“I was tasked to just watch and apprehend. I didn’t notice any security risks, so I left my vehicle to get closer to apprehend one of them. I sat at a table just far off from them and observed. Shooting came from somewhere and then more shooting. I lost sight of the two subjects and I worked my way out, defended myself and I fled.”

“Well, the good news is that you don’t have to worry about the subjects, they found both of them dead. Shot up. It wasn’t your doing now was it?” Taeyeon commented after looking at an intial report.

“No, I lost sight of them when the shooting started. I expended all my rounds and had to use an enemy weapon. I only fired at those armed in tactical clothing so there is no way I could have killed the two subjects.”

“I see, who authorized the mission for you?”

“I was tasked the assignment by a senior agent who told me to keep it under wraps and off the books.”

“Convenient. Who was the senior agent?”

“Agent Siwon.”

“I see, interesting. That’s all for now. We’ll need your weapon to turn into evidence to either confirm or dismiss any kills you may have incurred. Other than that, you had a long day. Why don’t you get on home. Don’t forget to let your station chief know. Thanks.” Taeyeon said politely with a smile. Bora got up and walked out and to her supervisor’s office to let him know of her situation.

“So what did you not tell her?” Hyoyeon asked Taeyeon.

“The two subjects were identified. One is an NIS agent and the other seems to be some civilian. I’m thinking it was an informant meeting.”

“An agent and an informant, what kind of informant? Do we know what case the agent was on?” Hyoyeon wondered.

“I asked some people to look into it. They’re gathering stuff together now and checking his office and home,” Taeyeon answered. “So she says Siwon assigned her the mission and he’s the one who responds to the scene for NIS clean-up, that’s a little odd.”

“What are you thinking?”

“Nothing good.”

*****************

“Yes sir. It’s all handled. They’re both dead. The information is gone... There is one loose end, she’ll just suffer the same faith as the other one. Yes, I picked her because of their relationship, it’s definitely convincing. I told you not to worry, things have been going well so far.... She doesn’t matter, whether we find her or not she is no position to be a threat. I’ve told you it is being handled. Trust me.”

He hung up the phone and returned to his car and headed back to the office. He sent a quick text message out before speaking out of his car.

‘Take care of the loose end.”

********************

“Bora! How did it go? Did they say anything to you?” Sunny asked after having eagerly waited for her return.

“Well I think. They took my weapon to be sure and now they’ll probably question Agent Siwon since he was the one who assigned me the mission. The two subjects are dead, and they just told me to go home and get some rest,” Bora said quickly.

“Siwon, why does that seem so familiar?” Sunny asked looking rather pensive.

“Well he was the partner of the AIC that died in the assault that you survived, and he paid you a visit when you were in the cell. He’s a senior agent who now has a team and working hard to find you it seems. You’re the traitor and he wants you bad for some revenge...” Bora answered a bit automatically.

“Siwon... There’s something else... Why would he send you on a mission to look after an exchange? It doesn’t make any sense... it doesn’t have anything to do with me, I didn't know either of the subjects,” Sunny stood looking lost in thought as she tried to remember something that was somewhere in her mind. She went back to the day she was hurrying back to the van to pick up the medical kit. She forgot the kit and went to get it, and headed back to her door but the order was already given to enter. Then it hit her, his voice, she remember his voice over the command net giving the order to go. She couldn’t figure out why it was important but then she remembered she glanced at him safe inside the TOC looking down at a cellphone while she was being sneaky. She was making sure no one spotted her getting the kit and noticed he was looking at the phone and then when she headed back, the go order and then the boom. “It must be him!”

“What? What are you talking about?,” Bora asked confused. She was slowly making her way to her shower where Sunny followed. Bora was able to shut the door but Sunny stood outside the door explaining what she recalled. “Siwon has been cleared. He was given the command last minute when the AIC decided to go in.”

“It makes the most sense. We briefed with him and the AIC before the raid, he had his cellphone with him but it wasn’t the one like other agents had. It looked like a personal cellphone. After the briefing the AIC decided to give raid command to Siwon and then we took our places ready to go.”

“That says nothing except he gave an order that killed so many, he has a right to be upset and angry.”

“You don’t get it, I was supposed to die! The other two survivors were killed off because the blast didn’t kill them initially. There was something else in the building that was meant to be destroyed. Maybe the target was the AIC and something else. I was just a lamb for the oven, some logs thrown in for the fire,” Sunny said convinced she was onto something.

“That still makes no sense Sunny. You were suppose to die but didn’t so now they put you on the wanted list? What does that make me?”

“I don’t know, but if he was trying to hunt for me, he gave you a mission that didn’t serve any merit to me... so that mission was meant to watch someone who knew that he was a traitor. He’s the inside guy. He tried to have me kill because I was there at the briefing, I wasn’t supposed to survive. The raid was a fake; there was no terrorist cell there. He wanted to kill the AIC.”

“Do you have any idea how slim and stupid that sounds?! I need a clean towel, can you hand me one... Thanks... I mean it’s just dumb. He goes through the trouble of making you wanted and blacklisted just because you MIGHT be able to point him out as the traitor, you have no proof he is, there is no way to prove it from the raid, he wouldn’t have need to go through such trouble...” Bora said and stepped out of the bathroom and went to dress in some loungewear.

“Okay, that is a stretch... but I have a feeling he’s connected. Why me, why you? I don’t know but I bet he’s part of it. He waited to make the breach command, he needed to set something up. Those guys today, they seemed just like the same type of guys that tried to kill me back at my apartment.”

“Let’s just assume you’re right then, what does that mean for me? Was I suppose to die too? I didn’t though, so now what? I already told Agents Kim that Siwon gave me the mission,” Bora said.

“Well I packed you a small bag just in case we gotta run. You might want to put some stuff in there that you’ll want to take with you...” Sunny said. Bora gave Sunny a look that said ‘no’. “Humor me Bora and just do it.”

*************************

“What is it? Did you handle it? Good news? So it’s handled? Not yet.... then how is there good news... Oh? So both of them are there? Together? In her apartment? Perfect... yes... still take care of them... wait... take some pictures first... that will come in handy. Don’t call again until you’ve finished the job.”

**********************

“Don’t think this means I believe your twisted little theory.” Bora said handing Sunny a Vita500. “I’ll show up to work tomorrow like normal and get back to work. Except now I’ll have field experience and I’ll have killed a man.”

“Um... I don’t think you’ve killed anyone yet. I was there. I don’t think anyone suffered any wrath of Bora...” Sunny corrected, it created an awkward moment of silence as Bora had no comeback. “Isn’t there a music show on tonight? I can’t wait, what time is it?”

The TV came to life as they sat and watched some program to pass the time when the power cut off. Bora went to reach for her flashlight and returned to the sofa. She went to open the door and look down the hallways and it appeared the whole complex lost power. Bora returned to the sofa with Sunny.

“The whole place lost power. That’s weird. I’ll light a candle and get some blankets,” Bora said walking to the kitchen. Her apartment had large windows so the winter would find a way to come inside with the power and heat off. She struck the match and lit the candle. She looked for a saucer plate to put the candle on, she got on her tip toes looking through the cabinets and then the smoothness of her socks caused her to slip and fall. In doing so there was a sound of ceramics breaking. Sunny looked back and saw and immediately assumed the worst.

“Bora?!?!” Sunny rushed to the kitchen. Bora was fine; she sat up laughing to herself for breaking plates, Sunny looked at the cabinet. “Bora, we need to go. Get that suitcase, we need to go now!”

More sounds of plates and glass breaking filled the kitchen as they were being fired upon by a suppressed weapon. Trajectory indicated to Sunny that the shooter was overlooking the place from across the way. A change in tactics; instead of pelting the room with bullets in the L-formation like they did with Sunny, they had a shooter look for the shot.

**You have to hate an enemy that can adapt. You have to anticipate it though after all humans are rather adaptive. Everyone responds rather well to trial and error, if it didn’t work the first time, they tend to try another method. Cutting the power to the whole building at night will force you to move quickly. Grabbing the flashlight is nice to see, but then they can see you too so you’re stuck running around in the dark trying to figure out where the bad guys are. Night-vision and thermals allows one to see in darkness, American troops made a killing on that advantage during Operation Iraqi Freedom 1.**

She heard the sound of ropes falling and through the windows came some assaulters, Sunny went up to one and elbowed him in the throat and wrapped the rope around his legs and kicked him back out the window. Bora just beat the other guy with the suitcase. Sunny grabbed at Bora and pointed at the door and they ran out into the hallway. Sunny had grabbed the flashlight on the way out to use as a weapon and it paid off. Two more bad guys were moving into the hallway and had opened fire on them. Sunny used the flashlight to shine in their direction and charged at them. The flashlight would blind them enough to confuse them and allowed Sunny to disable the two.

Bora led Sunny to the parking garage to her car and had not met any other resistance. Bora pushed the button to unlock the car and Sunny ran up to the passenger door and was about to open but stopped.

“Wait! Don’t! This was too easy. We got to leave the car, let’s go!” Sunny said walking away from the car before breaking into a slight jog. “Come on Bora! We need to go.”

They two walked towards the exit of the garage to find black SUVs waiting to pick them up. Sunny stopped Bora and they went back down the row of cars. Sunny said they needed something old and found a much older model of a Kia Sportage.

**Newer cars have security advancements that make it trickier to steal and hot wire, older cars are nice because they will usually lack the hidden kill switch or cut-off. If you can find an older stick shift car, even better, just give it a push start and you might get lucky and start it. Again, I’m not looking to steal a car; it all comes down to misdirection and well person safety. Those guys in the SUVs might not like to get hit by a car but oh well...**

Sunny started the car and pulled the car out of its spot and sped the car to line up at the exit. She got out of the car used the spare tire jack and push down on the accelerator towards the exit and towards the black SUV. Sunny and Bora waited for the collision. Crash. The two ran out after the black SUV was knocked out of the way, its occupants dazed from the collision weren’t able to respond.

**People work hard to pay for cars, they’re not cheap and so for that I apologize but I’m sure NIS will handle the insurance claim somehow. They’ll find my fingerprints and the owner will lose their car and be compensated for another one, so I guess it works out in the end.**

“That was a bit too simple Sunny, if going to my car was too easy that seemed a little easier, don’t you think?” Bora asked.

“Well we just broke through their ambush, and conventional military wisdom says you should avoid an ambush. They’re pros they would have waited for us somewhere else, anticipating us using another way out. We attacked through it so maybe they’re a bit confused. Do you have a bus pass? Get us both on that bus. We need to create some distance before they figure out what’s going on,” Sunny said pointing to a bus stop. The two got on the bus and stat in the back of the bus and bundled together to try and stay warm. The adrenaline would wear off soon and they would feel the brute of a Korean winter. In the midst of the action neither girl were able to grab any heavy winter clothing. They rode the bus for the next two stops before getting off and looked for a taxi. “That was rather easy... your cellphone! Turn it off! They must be letting us go because they’re tracking your phone, it’s on file with the agency right?”

Bora turned off the phone and removed the battery. They entered the taxi and drove to a near Daldongnae, some shanty-ish looking part of town that seems out of place in the city. The cliche poor part of town that was typical of the dramas on TV. It was a tactical move, they would notice people following them, plus anyone who looks like they don’t belong would stand out. The two walked casually through the broken streets to find a taxi. After finally flagging one down they got into the cab and Sunny gave the driver the location. After getting dropped off Sunny tipped the driver and said softly that they were running away from an angry father so it would be helpful if he forgot about ever seeing the two. The driver nodded and smiled and wished them luck.

“We’ll walk the rest, we’re not too far. It’s cold out here...” Sunny said.

“Where are we going? Shouldn’t I call NIS?”

“We’re going to someone we can trust... Call NIS and tell them what? I did that and the next day they had me detained. I’m not sure you’re willing to be arrested and placed behind bars. I mean if it’s really Siwon, going back to NIS where he can easily deny his involvement isn’t any help to us.”

“You have a point, the situation didn’t work too well for you last time. They’re probably planting evidence all over my place now... we should go back and catch them in the act!” Bora suggested. Sunny shook her head no, there was no point, going back would be risking death. “This so now I’m gonna be in the same boat at you?”

“Hey, at least we’re still floating...” Sunny said and led Bora into the apartment building. Bora commented that it was really nice. “I know... we’re not getting paid enough.”

They pushed through the door after Sunny punched in the code. Sunny looked up at the clock and walked over to the sofa with Bora in tow.

“Whose place is this? Are we allowed here? Wait... is this the place you had me look up? The CIA contact? We’re in an American’s place? Won’t they know we were here? Is it okay to be here?” Bora asked.

“Yes yes, I’m sure. She and I are pretty good pals,” Sunny said powering up the TV.

“I thought you said she wouldn’t let you sleep here?”

“She wouldn’t, but now that we’re both here maybe she’ll reconsider... yes just in time!” Sunny said. Stage performance of Secret’s ‘I Do I Do’ came on and Sunny’s eyes were glued to the screen and watched with excitement. After the performance she was pretty cheery and upbeat commenting on how cute the song was. “That was such a cute song. It’s so neat!”

“What the hell?! Sunny?!?!” Bora screamed. She shouldn’t understand why or rather how Sunny could be so calm after the day they had. “We have been... shot at... twice today... nearly died twice today... we’re on the run... how can you just be watching TV like it’s nothing?!?!”

“It’s not like anything special, I started the day buying the the album, I wanted to see the performance, I haven’t even seen the music video yet... besides I’ve been shot at before...” Sunny said carelessly. “I keep forgetting it’s your first time... people handle it differently I guess. You’re still pretty shocked...”

The front door opened but Sunny kept her attention on the TV, but Bora was worried who at who came through the door. Jessica made her way through to the living room to the girls at the sofa.

“And so now you’re having guest over. You really have no limits don’t you? By the way, great job today just shooting up all of Seoul, it’s most definitely a good way to start clearing your name. Bora would you like something to drink?”

“How do you know who I am?”

“It’s not very hard to figure... you’re the name mentioned in the report with NIS, you’re the one without an apartment and Sunny was with you when you guys decided to recreate a scene from Fallujah. Drink? Yes or no? I’m usually not this hospitable. You two have majorly ruined things for me right now... I had a date tonight, a really nice one... had to reserve that restaurant three months in advance... but no, your little battle opened up a lot of chatter. I didn’t want to even be involved, but no... Had to be nice and help you out because of time-sensitive-based information...” Jessica answered and went on her rant.

“We’re sorry... we’re really appreciative of all your help, and the CIA for everything, thank you so much Jessica,” Sunny said sincerely. “We need a place to say...”

“I figured you would after what happened today. Don’t worry, I read it all. You two got into some serious trouble, or so it seems. You sure do like killing don’t you Sunny?”

“How did you know Sunny was there? NIS didn’t mention them knowing about Sunny’s involvement. You’re sure it’s Sunny even?” Bora asked, challenging Jessica’s information.

“Of course I knew she was there. The room that was destroyed by an explosion, we found someone with their neck snapped and the bodies there were shot center mass in a military fashion. Eyewitnesses account that there were two females attacking the assaulters. I’m in the intelligence business, when I want to know something I’ll know it. The two people you were watching, they’re dead which you know by now I’m sure. Bet you didn’t know one was a NIS agent and the other an informant from Jasmine.”

“Jasmine? Are you serious? Why would an agent meet with someone from Jasmine?” Bora asked.

“Wait! What is Jasmine? The Disney princess?” Sunny asked, not having been in intelligence long enough to know.

“You’re too cute. Jasmine is a cute princess, but no this Jasmine is different. Jasmine is Arabic from Persia to mean ‘Gift from God’ and it’s also a family of plants, but ‘Jasmine’ is also like.. um think Athena or Iris from the dramas. They’re worse than al qaeda, IRA, Taliban, whatever. When you watched Quantum of Solace and thought that organization was just Hollywood, then you’d be dreaming. It’s a conspiracy type entity, all hush hush. Some believe that they caused the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico to disrupt the economy. It’s all BS, but you never know,” Jessica explained.

“Well it real. We have teams tracking down and trying to figure out who ‘Jasmine’ is. It’s frankly above my pay-grade. They’re strong in the civilized world though, we predicted they have a strong hand in Asia. They’re a new type of terrorism. They look to make money and manipulate the world so in order to get that. They’ve financed the IRA and Taliban and other terrorist groups. We just can’t prove any of it, or point it to a single person. They’re equal opportunity so it makes it harder too, ‘Jasmine’ we think also plays heavy in corporate espionage and sabotage. Jasmine likes to believe that they are God. I heard that they have technology that could create natural disasters at will...” Bora started as if she was telling a story of something pure evil.

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. That’s the mystic of ‘Jasmine’, you don’t know what they really are capable of. All this hype and rumors make them stronger and more feared. I see them as the biggest movement in terrorism and conspiracy around, but MOVING on... yeah... so the guy we think was ‘Jasmine’ and getting information to NIS,” Jessica resumed after interrupting Bora.

“How do we know it wasn’t ‘Jasmine’ talking to their inside man at NIS?” Sunny asked, trying to pick up and process the information.

“Well, that’s a very good statement however I personally debunked because of you two. If it was the ‘Jasmine’ insider from NIS, then you two wouldn’t have been sent there, or rather yet Bora wouldn’t have been sent there to be killed. I’m guessing, it’s not official or anything, just a guess: I think someone knows Bora helped Sunny. They send Bora to watch the agent and informant. They wanted to kill everyone, make it look like Bora was there to kill the informant and the agent and then the others would kill Bora to make it look like they cut their loose end after they finished. I bet they even wired money into Bora’s account to make it look like she had been doing the same stuff as Sunny. They probably made you two like partners, frame you both the same way and will kill you both to protect ‘Jasmine’. It seems silly, but that’s the best theory that I have to explain today’s events. What do you think?” Jessica explained to the two. Both looked pensive and thought about what had been said.

“Why would someone use us just to protect what? The true inside man for ‘Jasmine’ at NIS? Why would it have started with something as silly as Sunny surviving an explosion? It makes no sense. There has to be more. Otherwise it’s just that we were in the wrong place at the wrong time. There must be something big that we’re missing out on, something about the first scene that wanted ‘Jasmine’ to kill the raid team and destroy that place. There has to be, no one would go through this much trouble just to protect a mole... right Sunny? Sunny?” Bora offered. Both Jessica and her turned to Sunny to wait for her input on the whole situation.

“Um... I’m hungry... is there anything to eat?” Sunny asked, in an innocent and calm tone. It was almost as if she didn’t really care much for the top of ‘who’ , ‘what’ and ‘why’. “What? I’ve had a busy day.”

********************************

“Hyomin. Are you still upset about not ever seeing your hero again? You need to cheer up!” Eunjung said noticing Hyomin was in her quiet and pensive state.

“Eh, I’m fine. I’m okay. It was fate and it happened just because it was supposed to. I have come to believe that maybe she was just a one-time angel sent to protect me...” Hyomin answered.

“Hyomin, I think we need to get you someone to entertain you. Maybe you should go on a date with someone. Go see a movie, do something else... We’re promoting right now, I can’t have you like this, you are becoming the new face for T-ara.”

“Date? Movies? Really that’s what you think I need? I’m fine! If anything I just want lots and lots of sleep!” Hyomin replied.

“That works too. You know, I’ve heard around that there is special companion, and she meets with female idols...” Eunjung started.

“Why would a gay companion do me any good?” Hyomin asked, she was very confused about Eunjung’s statement.

“I don’t know. I heard she’s more than just or something. I heard she has a talent for making someone feel loved, welcomed and special. That she can create a magical place instantly...”

“Who did you hear this from? It sounds like some crazy story.”

“Other female idols. They said it’s super secret it wouldn’t tell me anymore. They mentioned that she comes to you, and not you to her. I don’t know... I want to meet her... I asked the other members and they don’t know what I’m talking about so she hasn’t reached to T-ara yet... you could be the first! Or maybe me...”

“Why would you want to spend time with another girl, who from what it sounds like slept with other girls? Eunjung do you like girls?”

“It’s not about whether I like girls or not... the things I heard about her me wonder. I want to be someone’s all, even if it’s just for a night. I want to experience this  magic she has. I’m so curious!”

“That is twisted, this is why you’re not going to be our leader anymore. Because you want to chase some lesbian call girl!” Hyomin joked.

“Hey, that’s not funny! Hyomin!”