It's Complicated

To Let Him Go

I think I must have been dreaming. Did Onew hyung really said that he was still in love with me??

The words that I was longing to hear for the past five years, but at this moment I wasn't sure if I was happy to hear it.

"Earth to Jonghyun, are you still here?" Oh god, it isn't a figment of my imagination. This is reality.

"Did I hear you right hyung? You? Still in love, with me?"

He shrugged, "I don't really know actually. It's complicated you know, I do love Tiffany. But I also feel something when I am with you. I guess I know now that it's seemingly possible to be in love with two people at once."

My heart raced like crazy after listening to Onew hyung's confession. I know I'm not supposed to be happy about it. But I can't help but to feel that there is a spark of hope for me. I have to say I dislike feeling this way.

"Why are you telling me this now?"

Onew hyung turned to me, "I know it's a lot to take in. I just wanted to be honest with you. Tiffany understands what is going on, she said she is going to give me some time to think this through. So for now there's nothing to worry about, okay?" I nod in confusion.

"This is not a hidden camera, right?" I asked just in case.

He laughed, which got me to start laughing as well. "No it's not, who would lie about this anyway?"

"It's a really stupid question, isn't it?" Onew hyung rolled his eyes.

"Hyung, even if you choose her in the end; I would still be happy for you."

He flashed a smile, "I know Jonghyun ah, I know."

 

 

The conversation ended as Onew hyung and I went back inside the mansion, heading to our respective rooms. I was so busy swimming inside my own thoughts that I did not notice Key leaning against the door frame.

"Kim Jonghyun, where the heck have you been? Do you know how long I have been waiting for you?" Urgh, here comes Key and his nagging again.

I shrugged him off, "Onew hyung and I had a little chit chat, what's the problem with that?"

Key scoffed, "I am certain that there is a problem judging by the tone of your voice." He proceeded to sit at a corner of my bed, patting the space beside him.

"I am all ears Kim Jonghyun, you are so not going anywhere until you tell me what's going on."

I sighed in frustration, there's no use in avoiding this conversation with Key; I have to go on with it.

"Alright, alright; but you have to call me hyung instead of Jonghyun. Arasso?"

Hyunnnggg, please have a seat and start talking." Key said sarcastically. Sometimes I wonder how on earth did I put up with this guy.

"I am only going to say this once, so listen up.... Onew hyung told me that he was still in love with me." Key's face fell as soon as I confessed.

We stayed in silence for at least two minutes (Yes I was counting) before Key turned to me, "What are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know Key, I am probably as confused as Onew hyung is right now."

Key raked his fingers through his hair. "God, why is love so freaking complicated?"

"Love isn't complicated, it's just that humans made it seem that way."

Key rolled his eyes. "Anyway, I am always on your side hyung; so don't worry so much, okay?" He then hung his arm over my shoulder.

"Arasso, now go back to bed before your dark eye circles come out to haunt you again!" I . Key glared at me before stepping out of the room, leaving myself trying to wonder how am I going to sleep peacefully tonight.

 

 

Forgive me for taking so long, my brain is currently malfunctioning :P