Love Forgotten

To Let Him Go

It was totally unexpected. 

"Daddy, hurry up and hold me!" A cute little girl that resembled Onew hyung went up to him, asking to be carried. Onew hyung then flashed a smile, the smile I see every time I come across a pair of father and daughter; that sort of smile. 

"Alright. " He squatted down to the little girl's level and extended his arms to carry her.

"Is that.… your daughter?" Minho asked curiously. 

"Yeah. Everyone this is my daughter Irene,  and Irene these are my best  friends;  so that means they are your... "

The little girl Irene screamed : "Uncles!" which earned an explosion of laughter from the others. I forced a smile, trying to show that I was okay; but I was clearly not. Okay.

Onew hyung gave Irene a kiss on her cheek. "That's my girl!"

Anyone would have found it cute, even me. But at that moment my stomach plunged a little from jealousy.  I didn't know why I felt that way, I was terribly ashamed of myself. 

At that moment Tiffany emerged from another room, looking as if she was getting ready to go out. 

"Baby, Irene and I will be heading out to Jasmine's house. Have fun with your friends, okay? Make sure they stay with us instead of staying at a hotel."

"Oh Tiffany it really isn't necessary , we can stay at a hotel. We don't want to be a burden to you. " Key said softly.

"It's okay. My baby's friends are my friends.  I want you to feel perfectly at home." Tiffany looked  at Onew lovingly.

"Uncles should listen to mommy.  Stay here and play with me!!!"

Minho immediately picks her up as soon as she said that and kissed her cheek. That guy really loves kids.

"Of course uncle Minho here will play with you! You cute little girl!" Okay he's totally smittened. 

"Yeah guys, listen to Irene and stay here with us. We have a lot of catching up to do." Onew hyung pitched in.

The other three gave each other knowing looks before nodding our heads. 

Tiffany jumps up from the couch,  looking excited.  "Great! Irene and I have to rush but I am pretty sure we will be able to get to know each other later . Baby go get some drinks for your friends, remember to take them to the restaurant for dinner.…"

Onew hyung got up from the couch and kissed her on the lips, which caused my heart to ache a little; seeing them so in love with each other.

"Alright babe, stop nagging and go have fun with Irene. See you soon."

Tiffany bade us goodbye before leaving with Irene in tow.

 

As soon as they left, Onew hyung was immediately bombarded with questions from the other three while I tried really hard to pretend everything was fine. 

Maybe it was God telling to give up on him. Him getting married,  him having a child together with his girlfriend. I think it's really time to let him go.

 

"Why did you not tell me that I already have a niece? " Taemin went first.

Onew hyung sighed, messing up his hair in the process. "Well, it was an accident really. I met Tiffany in a bar and we got really drunk so in the end we.…"

"You slept together didn't you! Oh my God, you are so damn lucky! " Key squealed. 

Onew hyung grabbed a pillow from the couch and threw it at Key. "Stop daydreaming about my girlfriend Key!

Key caught the pillow with a shrug , "Just saying how lucky you are hyung. "

Onew hyung rolled his eyes.  "Anyway, how's appa and umma? Are they still mad at me?"

"You know umma is that soft hearted,  she was so happy when I told her that you were getting married. As for appa, he can be really stubborn most of the time but I think he was quite glad to hear from you. So I guess they are okay now."

Taemin replied.

"That's good news. Cause Tiffany and I were considering to have another wedding back at home after this one."

"Appa and umma would be really happy to hear that! And the rest of the group, especially Joon hyung!"

Key must have noticed me being too quiet. "Oh I am so thirsty. Jonghyun hyung and I are gonna grab some drinks! "

"Sure thing,  you can help yourself with anything in the fridge really."

Taemin and Minho said in unison :"Get some for us too!"

I could hear Key cursing them under his breath. "Those morons."

 

I absentmindedly grabbed whatever was in the fridge. Key just shook his head disapprovingly.

"Why are you drinking that! I was just using that as an excuse you moron!" 

"What are you talking about?" I sipped my drink. Whatever that I was drinking.

"I dragged you here to comfort you, not to let you get drunk!"

It was then I realised that I was drinking beer, that's why it tasted bitter.

I placed the can of beer on the counter. "I am perfectly fine, I don't need any comforting Key."

Key scoffed. "Right hyung,  if you were perfectly fine; why did you not say anything the whole time we were talking?"

I shrugged. "I had nothing to say."

Key sighed. "Hyung,  I know you're upset about all this. Honestly, I am too. I always thought that you and Onew hyung would be together in the end. But I guess we to have to accept the fact that Onew hyung moved on. And you have to do that too hyung. I know it'll be hard but I will be here with you every step of the way. " 

The tears I kept to myself suddenly streamed down my face as soon as Key hugged me. 

The guy that used to tell me that he loved me is getting married to another girl in two weeks. The memories that we have will be forgotten, the love we had; was gone.