Drunk In Your Love

To Let Him Go

Of course, everything became an utter mess after that. Especially when Onew hyung named me as his best man. 

Taemin wasn't happy with this decision obviously. I mean, Why would your own brother choose an unrelated guy (Well, we do have a relationship at some point since we used to date and that we sorta are friends) to become his best man? 

 

"I just have the feeling that Jonghyun here knows me better than I know myself. So.. " Onew hyung explained with his arm on my shoulder although I secretly wished that he would stop doing that.

 

Taemin pouted. "Fine, it's your wedding hyung.  But I am appointing you as my best man when I get married for sure!"

 

Onew hyung smirked.  "Yeah,  I wonder when that will be..."

 

"You're okay with that right?" Onew hyung whispered into my ear. 
I only could nod in return, not knowing what to say.

 

 

After all that Onew hyung finally showed us to our rooms with Key and I sharing one while Minho and Taemin shared the other right opposite ours.We had a few hours to ourselves before heading out for dinner. I was about to get some sleep when there was a knock on the door.


"Jonghyun ah, do you think we can talk for a moment?" Sure enough, it was Onew hyung looking as handsome as ever even with just a plain white T and ripped jeans. I couldn't think of a reason not to so I said yes. 

 

He lead me to the backyard, which was beautifully filled with yellow daisies. We ended up lying next to each other on the soft green grass.

 

There was an awkward moment of silence before Onew hyung spoke up.


"So, how's life?"
I hesitated for a while. I couldn't tell him the truth, could I? Of course, the only way to not tell the truth was to lie.

 

"Yeah, things went well for me I guess."

 

"It really did. I mean, you came up with an album. How cool is that?"

 

"Yup, really cool."
 Yet another pregnant pause engulfed us. 

 

This time I attempted to start the conversation. "How's staying in New York like?"

 

"Well, it wasn't what I'd expected at first. I hardly could communicate with anyone so I was alone most of the time. I stayed in this apartment which was invested with cockroaches. So most of the times I drink my sorrows away."

 

He then laughed. "But that's how I got to have Irene and Tiffany in my life, you know. At least I don't have to be alone anymore, I have the two of them now. So I guess everything turned out well."
I could see how his eyes sparkled as soon as he mentioned Irene and Tiffany. His eyes used to sparkle like that when we were together.

 

I forced a smile. "Hyung, I am so happy for you."

 

He smiled back. "Thanks Jonghyun, I really appreciate it."

 

 

When night fell, Onew hyung brought us to this really posh restaurant in the city. Apparently it was a family affair, so most of Tiffany's family members and friends were there too. The four us felt as if we were fishes out of the water. Just plain awkward. 
We stuck by hyung's side as he was busy greeting everyone and he would introduce us to them.

 

"Sir,  long time no see." Hyung shook the burly looking man's hand politely. 

 

"Ah yes Chase,  it's been a long time. I hope you've been well." Key and Taemin almost choked on their drinks from laughing at Onew hyung's 'name'. He glared at them when the man was not looking. 

 

"Ah sir, these are my friends from Korea. Jonghyun, Key and Minho.  That is my brother,  Taemin."

 

"Glad all of you are able to attend the wedding. Help yourself to the food later." 

 

"Yes we will sir." Key replied with the rest of us nodding our heads.

 

"Is that your father-in-law hyung? He seems really nice." Taemin commented. 


Onew hyung rolled his eyes. "He almost wanted to shred me into pieces when Tiffany told him that she was pregnant." Minho laughed at what hyung said.

 

"By the way, why on earth did he call you Chase? What, are you chasing for something? " Key burst into laughter. 
Onew hyung just sighed in exasperation. 

 

"Hey Chase, mom wants to talk to you." A freakishly tall guy  suddenly dragged hyung away before he could protest, leaving the four of us in a corner.

 


Just then Tiffany appeared with another girl that resembled her, technically another version of Tiffany but is a brunette instead of a blonde.

 

"Guys, I want you to meet my sister; Brooklyn. Brooklyn, these are Chase's buddies from Korea. They came for the wedding. "


Brooklyn shook all of our hands and smiled.  "It's nice to meet all of you! Chase doesn't have a lot of friends here so I am glad you are here to support him."

 

"Oh guys, Brooklyn is my maid of honour so I guess you should try to get along, especially Jonghyun since I just found out he's appointed as Chase's best man."
Oh yeah, we have yet to formally introduce ourselves to Tiffany.  No wonder she seemed confused. 


I raised my hand as if I was still in elementary school when we had to get permission from the teacher before going to the washroom, 

 

"I'm Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun. Or you could call me Ty."
Brooklyn smiled, and I had to admit she looked pretty cute; blushing and all. 


The other three also introduced themselves to Tiffany and Brooklyn. I couldn't help but to notice that Brooklyn's eyes were fixed on me the whole time. Do I seem weird to her?

 


The dinner went by smoothly I guess. Everyone was enjoying themselves, well; except for me.
When Minho, Taemin and Key were busy socializing (with girls most likely ), I sat alone at the bar; drinking even though I did not intend to in the first place. I didn't know what was going on with me, it was like as if I did not have any control over myself. I couldn't even think straight. 
Maybe I was still upset over the fact that the guy I am in love with is marrying someone else. Yeah, that must be it.

 

"Hey Jonghyun, why are you drinking by yourself?" 
It was Brooklyn, who sat beside me and ordered a drink for herself.

 

I was already half drunk so I only could manage to blurt out:  "Everything's fine."

 

Brooklyn looks at me closely. "If you don't wanna talk about it, fine. Just drink all your sorrows away and forget all your problems for tonight. My treat." 

 

To sum up everything, getting drunk is a really bad idea. Really bad.

 

 

 


Yes, like what Jonghyun said. Getting drunk is a bad idea. Not all the time though.
P.s I miss Onew so much!! *Cries*

P.p.s On the bright side, Super Junior's comeback yay! ❤