Alarm

Grace

(Jonghyun’s POV)

 

We all looked at Kibum and waited for him to join us. He smiled almost in a forced manner and sat down next to me and Taemin. “Key-hyung can have the first bite!”

Taemin pushed the cold noodles towards Kibum and smiled. “Yah, I’m hungry too” I complained while pouting. “You can wait hyung; Key-hyung looks like he needs a pick-me-up the most!” Taemin glanced at Kibum and waited. We all gawked at him when he shook his head and pushed the plate away from him, towards me instead.

What the hell?

 

“You can eat first Jonghyun-hyung, I’m not hungry” I stared at him and frowned.

If anything he looked famished. “You really should eat Kibum” Onew pushed the noodles back to him and Taemin nodded, sending me a mischief smile.

“Yeah Key-hyung, you shouldn’t be so nice to Jonghyun-hyung, since he’ll probably eat all of it and not leave any for us” I sent a glare back at Taemin before looking at Kibum. He was still refusing. Why though?

 

“Then Taeminnie can have it” He picked up his water bottle and starting drinking slowly like this morning, ignoring the weird looks everyone was sending him.

“Hyung…” Taemin started. “I said you can have it, I’m not hungry” There was something about Kibum’s voice that seemed to have meant the opposite.

“Come on hyung, I’ll feed you like what you did to me before when I didn’t want any food” Taemin held his chopstick out with a mouthful of the noodles and held it towards Kibum’s tightly closed mouth. I laughed with the members as we all waited for Kibum to give in.

 

“Say ahh yeobo” I grinned as Taemin pushed the noodles against his lips.

He backed away and shook his head. We were too busy laughing to notice the almost pleading look in his eyes telling us to stop. “Just open your mouth like a good little Kibummie” I teased. “Daddy Taemin’s going to feed you!” Onew joined.

Minho just sat there looking amused with the scene. “Come on hyung, just hurry and eat before the cold noodles turn even colder!” Taemin lent closer with the noodles with a bright smile on his face, pushing it once again onto the stubbornly closed lips.

Stop it! I said I wasn’t hungry!” He practically yelled and pushed Taemin’s hand away from him, the noodles dropped onto the floor and an awkward silence followed after our alarmed faces.

 

We all froze and stared at the noodles on the floor then back at Kibum who looked ashamed and bowed his head, muttering an apology before running out of the room.

Taemin was the first to break the silence. “W-What happened?”

 

Not even Onew knew this time as we all stared at the cold noodles, our appetite gone.

 

(Key’s POV)

 

I avoided looking at anyone as I rushed into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. I shouldn’t have yelled at Taemin. A lump formed in my throat as I turned the tap on and washed my face. I studied my pale skin in the mirror and looked away. I was feeling a pain in my gut as a loud rumble escaped from my stomach. If I wasn’t feeling so hungry I would’ve laughed at how comical that sounded.

 

I went out slowly and walked straight to the room where we kept our bags and without a second thought I grabbed the bag on the table where I had left mine and paced out of the building, slipping on my jacket hoodie and a pair of sunglasses that Jonghyun-hyung gave me for my birthday.

 

Without saying goodbye to the cleaning lady that I usually chat to out of boredom, I made it passed the doors and sighed as the cold air hit me straight in the face.

The snow started falling as I made it into a nearby supermarket; I grabbed a basket and hurried to buy a few items to stop the rumbling of my stomach.

 

If the members were here with me they will probably be 100% dumbfounded in disbelief as I am stuffing packets after packets of high-fat cake, ice-cream, chips and marshmallows. The type of foods that I would usually avoid the best I can, despite having a craving for them.

 

I walked slowly to the checkout where an old lady smiled sincerely at me; I placed the food on the conveyer and hesitated as I placed the chips down. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea buying chips…But I was too impatient to care as I hurried to pay the lady.

 

I already had the money ready in my sweaty hands as the old lady packed them into plastic bags. I hate plastic bags. She smiled at me again, reminding me of my own loving grandma. I shook the image of my grandma away quickly though. I didn’t want to think of her at this time. I was too afraid of anyone knowing, even if she’s in heaven. I didn’t want her to know, especially the members. Not when I’m about to do something like this.

 

“Are you having a party with your friend’s young man?” I bit my lip. “Y-Yeah” I said.

“A party…”