Goodnight

Grace

(Jonghyun’s POV)

 

It was another tiring day, filled with endless schedules.

 

I rolled over and stared at the clock beside my pillow and sighed.

It was already 2:46 am. We got home from all the schedules half an hour ago; everyone was too tired to shower and went straight to bed after eating the chicken Onew-hyung requested off manger-hyung. Yeah. Everyone except Kibum, I guess he was just too tired as he went straight to his top bunk across from mine.

I closed my tired eyes and willed myself to sleep, but even though all my body ached and I was obviously tired as hell. Sleep didn’t come.

 

I don’t know how long I lied there, staring at the blank ceiling, yawning from time to time. This must be a torture. The others were all snoring lightly around me. Obviously they are the smart ones and won’t be looking like a dead zombie the next morning like I probably will, judging from my state right now.

 

A sound was heard outside in the kitchen. Was it the drawers being opened? Wait…was that the fridge opening? Omo…is this a robber? I got up in a seating position and strained my ears to the door while looking around for something to attack the robber with. Now the sounds of ruffling and the fridge opening once again before it were closed harshly by the robber. I eyed the peacefully sleeping members and stopped when I noticed Kibum’s empty bed.

 

I breathed out in relief. It was just Kibum after all. But soon a curious thought passed through me. What the hell was he doing in the kitchen at this time? Maybe he decided he was hungry after all, since he did skip dinner when they hadn’t had anything apart from a small and hurried breakfast of cereals the whole day.

 

I yawned as quietly as I could as to not wake the sleeping members and walked drowsily across the fluffy carpet. But before I can even get into the kitchen a familiar slender frame blows past me in an almost desperate rush towards the bathroom.

The door was shut with a loud bang before I could even utter a word in my drowsy state.

 

I blinked my eyes and felt much more awake. I didn’t know if it was because of the loud closing of the door that Kibum usually close with a soundless click or the fact that he didn’t even say anything to me, like he didn’t even know that I was there in the first place.

 

I waited for a few minutes, but then got a worried feeling in my gut as he never really did take that long to piss. Eh…I just know okay? It’s not like I have a stop-watch and record how long my members take in the bathroom.

“Uhh…Kibum?” I knocked softly on the door, scared of waking the flaming charisma. Trust me. Never wake Minho up. Believe me; I learnt it the hard way.

 

But it doesn’t seem that he heard me because there was no response from the other side. “Ki-“I stopped when I heard the toilet being flushed and the tap at full blast. I couldn’t help it as an immature thought past my mind and I shook it away as I heard his footsteps coming closer to the door. I backed away a little, obviously not wanting to freak him out and wake up a certain somebody. Yeah…I’m afraid of waking my dongsaeng to this extent. The door opened and a pale Kibum appeared from the bathroom.

 

“Kibum…?” I looked at his suddenly worried face and stepped closer.

He didn’t say anything, just moved aside, probably thinking that I needed to use the bathroom. “Didn’t you hear me knock?” I asked.

He looked stunned for a moment before nodding. I laughed softly and slapped his back, not noticing how uncomfortably he looked. “Come on, the almighty Key can be deaf at times” I joked. He just smiled and started walking towards the bedroom, before I could ask him about what he was doing in the kitchen. He turned back to look at me. “Goodnight”

 

Maybe it was just me but I felt somewhat strange about Kibum. He was usually so talkative even in the morning or at the dead at night, always some random topic to talk about. So it felt strange when Kibum simply walked away to sleep with just a ‘goodnight’. But I didn’t think too much of it as another yawn came over me and I too headed back to the bedroom. Guess I’ll ask him tomorrow…