Chapter 3 - Chime

Bangtan Academy - War of the Gods

The battle still wages on as Suga's hat remains intact, deflecting any attacks that come its way.

"Don't give in! Help is on the way!", Demeter's voice echoes from afar as he zips through the field, sowing seeds along the way. Scoping the situation hastily, the professor could not help but feel uneasy... uneasy about the fact that the opening to the abyss was still welcoming 'visitors' into its' daunting aura. Demeter's actions slowly come to a halt as his gaze became fixated on the crack itself. 

"Demeter! What are you doing?!", exclaimed Ares who manages to intercept a harpie targetting the entranced professor.

"It's pulsing...", murmured Demeter as he points up at the crack. "Something's coming - I can feel it."

Grunting in between his words, Ares launches his shield at the harpie before flicking back and finishing off his lines. "What are you talking about? This is no time to be distracted by theatrical antics."

"It comes...", said Demeter whose body began to glow in an aura of green and slowly flies toward the crack.

 

Meanwhile... on the other side of the battlefield where the dormitory used to be.

 

 Pamil and her units were outnumbered and slowly being gathered into a circle.

"... this is not good at all.", one of the male students said.

"No Sherlock!", a female student retorts as her words signaled desperation.

Pamil tries to cast a barrier but the effort was for naught as regulating her breathing proved hard enough already. Panting, sweating, and groggy... fatigue was indeed no friend of theirs. Pamil bit on her lower lip, she didn't know what to do; she had already used her trump card already and the only thing left was a miracle. A tear breaks out and mixes in with the dirt and sweat accumulated on her face.

"Look up there, it's Demeter.", a voice chimes in and breaks the attention of Pamil's squadron. 

A mess of words jumbles into noise at the spectacle above. 

Demeter's appearance slowly changes, the closer he got. His eyes gleamed in a shimmery ruby red, his hair slicked back into a devilish black, and last but not least... angelic wings which were bigger than his body. Fluttering his wings, Demeter begins chanting and holds his position in midair.

"ARRHHHH", a screech from what seemed-to-be coming from the crack, beckons the appearance of something ominous... 

Demeter's wings stretches outward and bursts into glowing feathers which fell down to each and every one of allies; snuggling them in a warm aura of protection from the events to come.

A giant blue scaley-creature makes it's appearance as it rips through the opening. Its' eyes are blindfolded by a worn-out rag, its' body entangled by chains broken off near the arms, and long white hair that waved off to its' chest - slightly covering it. The creature scoops the harpies flying about in midair and begins its' feast.

" ! IT'S A S-CLASS BANSHEE!", Ares regroups with Pamil and ascertains the situation. "We need to get back to where the others are. They are still not ready yet.", Ares explained. Pamil shook her head as one thing after another keeps surprising her... this was definitely not that time of the month but something even worse. "LOOK!", one of the kids exclaimed as they began to run toward the hat where Dominic's group is.

Demeter goes into his giant form and constricts the banshee's limbs. The banshee opens its' mouth and lets out a high-pitched screech which deafened anybody within the radius. Demeter flinches as his grip loosens up and naturally covers his ears from the deafening screech. The banshee takes the opportunity and scratches Demeter with its' razor sharp nails and attempts to bite the giant's right shoulder. Demeter's seeds quickly sprout and shoots thorny vines at the banshee as a means of protection. The plants might be budlings but even they know Demeter's undying love for them is worth the sacrifice.

 

It was at that moment...

"Let's do this."