2.

Little Star

CHAPTER 2

Yoongi groaned at the sound of Kyungsoo's alarm. Unlike most roommates, both boys do not share the same schedule. Whenever Yoongi has morning classes; Kyungsoo's will be in the afternoon and vice versa. It is rare to have both boys attending classes at the same time, let alone spending time together at the dorm. Yet, both had lived together long enough to have mutual understanding for one another.

Yoongi's well aware of Kyungsoo's fear of strangers and Kyungsoo on the other hand knows how much Yoongi loves sleeping in. Hence, he'll make it a point to set the alarm for Yoongi according to his schedules least he misses out on any of his classes.

 

"Aren't you getting up?" asked Kyungsoo who's already his snack in front of the television.

"Five more minutes," his voice muffled as he buried his face in his pillow.

Before Kyungsoo could say a single word, the door swung open, revealing a nicely dressed Jin, "YA MIN YOONGI, IT'S ALREADY 4PM! WE'RE LATE FOR THE PHOTOSHOOT!"

"Hyung, there's no use in shouting. He won't budge," said Kyungsoo as he picked up Yoongi's electric keyboard.

Jin watched as Kyungsoo started pressing randomly on the keyboard, causing Yoongi to sit up, "Must you do that every single day?"

 

"Byul! Your phone!" Hyeri chased after Byul who was already at the other end of the Admin Block.

Byul turned around at the mention of her phone. Seconds later, Hyeri appeared right in front of her, holding out her phone as she bends forward, trying to catch her breath, "I think I'm going to faint!"

Byul looked nervously at her asthmatic friend, "Are you okay? Why'd you run?"

"You forgot your phone. Obviously I had to run! What if something happened to me and I needed to call you but instead of you picking up, it's that old man?"

Byul couldn't help but to laugh at Hyeri's comment. She took the phone from the girl and kept it in her jeans pocket, "Thanks but next time, please don't run. You could've just shouted for me."

"Yes Mum!" Hyeri joked, "You should get going now or you'll be late for the photoshoot."

Byul nods her head before turning around to leave. Just before she managed to close the door behind her, Byul could hear Hyeri's loud voice, "Have fun with your handsome sunbae!"

Byul's face turned red causing Hyeri to burst out into a fit of laughter, "See you at dinner!"

 

For the past four hours, Byul took charge of the club since Jin was nowhere to be found. By the time she was done, it was already 5 in the evening. After greeting the soccer team, Byul grabbed her stuffs and headed to the workshop to do the necessary editing.

The workshop was in a state of mess. Empty cans of drinks and sandwich wrappers were seen lying around on the floor. With a sigh, Byul placed her bag, laptop and camera on the counter top before proceeding to the store room to get a vacuum out, "These kids..."

In half an hour, Byul managed to return the workshop to its original clean state. After keeping the vacuum, Byul switched on the iMac, which was a gift to the club from the university. In the middle of her editing, Byul received a message from Hyeri, asking her to come to the front door. Without any delays, Byul quickly saved her work and headed to the front door. Pressing the lock button, Byul opened the door, revealing a seemingly tall and skinny Hyeri in her gym wear standing outside with a paper bag in her hand, "What's that?"

"Your dinner in case you skipped it again. I bought your favourite ceasar salad with extra chicken just for you!" exclaimed Hyeri as she handed the paper bag over to Byul, "And not forgetting my homemade green juice!"

"Do I really have to drink this?"

"You have to or else no fried food for you," warned Hyeri.

With a defeated sigh, Byul nods her head before watching Hyeri head towards the direction of the gym.

==============

Byul was in the pantry, ready to dig into her dinner when she heard knocking from the front door. Placing her chopsticks down, Byul walked up towards the door to unlock it. In front of her stood the same pale looking guy she met a few days ago. Tilting her head to the side, Byul tried to recall the name of the guy, "Oh Yoon-"

"Byul right? Jin hyung told me to help you with the photos," once again, Byul wasn't able to complete her sentence.

This time round, she nods her head in understanding as she opened the door wider for Yoongi to enter, "Come in."

Yoongi was surprised to hear her voice before he entered the workshop. He headed down to the main room and scanned the room. His eyes soon landed at the mini pantry and finally noticed Byul's untouched meal. He suddenly felt guilty for his sudden intrusion, "Err, aren't you going to finish your dinner?"

"Oh! B-but..."

"Don't mind me. I'll just sit here," Yoongi moved to the opposite side and sat on the stool on the right so that he's not directly sitting in front of Byul.

 

Byul was even more self-conscious about herself now that a stranger or in this case, Yoongi, was watching her eat. Within 15 minutes, Byul was done with her humble dinner and was ready to head to work.

She directed Yoongi to the work area where the  iMac was at, "There's only one computer. I hope you don't mind sharing."

"So, what have you done so far?"

Byul nervously showed him photos of the soccer team  which she took earlier on. She watched from the side as Yoongi carefully checked every single picture and made the necessary changes.

"You're a great photographer," complimented Yoongi, "But I could tell that you were having a hard time trying to communicate with your models."

Byul stared at the boy she just met. It's only been an hour since they got to 'know' each other and he was starting to get on her nerves. Taking a stool from the pantry, Yoongi sat beside Byul as she did her work. Once in a while, he would give some comments, which he refers to as 'constructive criticism'.

Byul felt even more pressurised by his snarky comments, hence making a few mistakes here and there; choosing the wrong filters excetra.

"You should probably adjust the brightness," with that last comment, Byul got off the stool and stared at the boy in front of her.

"You know what? You're probably the first person ever to get on my nerves after meeting for only an hour," said Byul as she handed Yoongi the backup memory card, "Here, do whatever you want with this photos. You'll do it your way and I'll do mine."

Grabbing her stuffs, Byul hurriedly walked up towards the front door, leaving behind a very speechless Yoongi, "What the hell? What's wrong with that girl? I was just trying to help."

==============