1.

Little Star

CHAPTER 1

Byul rubbed her tired eyes as she tried her best to stay awake. In less that 24 hours, she needs to print out a copy of the campus magazine for her senior to seek his approval before printing 50,000 copies for the entire student body.

"Done," Byul mumbled as she let out a sigh of relief. 

While she waited for the hard copy to be printed out, Byul packed her stuffs and cleaned the entire workshop. Soon, the workshop was back to its normal state. Stools were kept neatly underneath the tables, and tables and floors were free from used papers.

Byul kept the printed papers in a transparent file and switched off all electrical appliances. With her camera around her neck, the file in her hands, Byul left the workshop and headed for the boys' dormitory to meet her senior.

 

", the door," Forgetting to tap out, Byul turned back and walked towards the workshop with her membership card in hand.

As she moved closer to the workshop, Byul noticed a shadow lingering right by the door. Byul fastened her steps, thinking that her senior was waiting for her. To her surprised, it wasn't him but a boy she had never seen before.

Just like herself, the boy was rather pale looking. He had a beanie on along with a torned light blue jeans and a laptop in his hand.

"Is this the Info-comm and Photography club?" Asked the boy.

Byul nods her head as a reply.

"Is Jin hyung in?" Byul wondered why this boy was looking for her senior before shaking her head.

The boy let out a frustrated groan as he stared at Byul, "Are you mute? Why aren't you answering my questions properly?"

Before she could give him a proper reply, a male voice could be heard from a distant. Byul could recognised that voice from anywhere. As the male figure approached them, Byul couldn't help but to feel her heart beat a million times faster.

"Yah Min Yoongi! I was looking for you at the stadium," Jin shouted as he walked towards them.

"Didn't I text you to meet me here instead?"  shouted the guy named Yoongi.

Jin checked his phone and soon realised that he didn't see the text message from Yoongi. He gave the younger boy a sheepish smile before reverting his attention to Byul, "Byul! Is that the hard copy?"

Byul nodded her head as she passed the file to Jin, "Thanks! I owe you one. You should head back to your dorm before it gets dark outside."

Byul bowed to the two boys before turning around to leave. 

"Hyung, who is she?" Asked Yoongi.

"Byul? She's our main photographer."

Yoongi nods his head in understanding, "Not trying to be rude, but is she mute?"

Jin laughed as he shook his head, "What makes you think she is?"

"For the past 5 minutes, I've never heard a single word coming out of ."

"Byul's an extremely shy girl. Give her some time. Soon she'll be the one speaking to you first. Besides, you're going to work with her starting from tomorrow!"

==============

With only a night light on, Byul laid on her stomach as she typed out her report for their Writing for Business module which was due tomorrow. On her left was her roommate Hyeri who was dead asleep with her laptop and report half done. Byul did all the necessary research and quickly finished up her last few points before calling it a night.

"Byul? You're still up?" Hyeri mumbled as she rubbed her eyes, trying to wake up from her so called nap, "What time is it?"

"Nearly 3AM. Aren't you going to finish up on your report?"

Hyeri nods her head as she walks up to their small kitchen area.

"Coffee first," said both girls simultaneously.

Hyeri laughed as she filled the kettle with water. A smile spread across Byul's face as Hyeri's laughter filled their dorm.

Byul switched her laptop off, not forgetting to save her work. She then laid in bed, with her blanket tugged securely around her body as she stared out of the window, gazing at the few stars in the night sky. Byul shut her eyes to pray before falling asleep.

I wish for a better day tomorrow.

 

Yoongi stared at the ceiling as he counted down the days till his mother's wedding day. It was definitely not a day he was looking forward to especially since it hasn't been long since his parents officially got a divorce.  He let out a sigh at the idea of a stranger being a part of his family.  Although he wasn't close with his father, he still wasn't fond of the idea of getting a new 'father'.

"Ya, stop tossing around and get some sleep," mumbled his roommate Kyungsoo.

"Sorry," replied Yoongi softly.

Yoongi turned to his side as he looked out of the windows.

Umma, I hope you'll be happy with the choices you've made.

==============