Chapter 18

Fated to Love in Our Differences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]ROMANTIC FEELINGS[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Utopia - Human dimension

Sungjong blinked in surprise. He wasn’t able to move, too shocked to move a muscle. “Myu- hyung.” Sungjong managed to squeak out. But the other didn’t move as well, his eyes kept locked to Sungjong’s.

“ I- I…”

“Myungsoo hyung….wae?” Sungjong asked with confusion. Myungsoo took away his eyes from Sungjong, looking away but didn’t move. The maknae just stared at the elder. “Hyung.”

“I- I’m sorry. I…” Myungsoo stuttered and stumbled back, his face flashed deep red. He didn’t believe himself, he did something that out of his control. He just kissed Sungjong when the maknae pouted over his little fight with Vanessa during the dinner. The maknae had found him at the library after the dinner and went to rant out his dissatisfaction to the elder. But the elder had done something he shouldn’t. “Jongie, I didn’t mean that. I- that kiss…”

“Hyung.” Myungsoo turned when Sungjong touched his shoulder. Sungjong was looking at him with an unreadable look when the elder expected to see anger or disappointment from the other. “Kiss me again.” Myungsoo widened his eyes. Sungjong was asking him what?

“Jongie , what-” Myungsoo was shut up with Sungjong’s lips on his. Myungsoo startled and stunned. Sungjong was closing his eyes, pressing his lips onto Myungsoo. Myungsoo let his flutter closed. The tiny spark lit up inside Myungsoo and an invisible string grew between them. The same feeling came inside Myungsoo when their lips met the first time just now. But this time, something was released inside of him. Myungsoo’s wings grew and spread out.

Sungjong frowned a little with his eyes closed. He asked for the kiss because he felt a strong energy coming from Myungsoo the first time their lips met. Sungjong went in frenzy at the moment Myungsoo’s wings spread out. Numerous flashes played inside his dark world, Sungjong felt the surge of energy flow coming together with the flashes. A wave of pain hit Sungjong on the back of his head because of the strong energy and also the cause of flashes he got. The younger got lost into the flashes and slipped into unconscious state.

Myungsoo felt the strong energy coming out from himself and he understood what it is. The last power he had now was released. Because of Sungjong. He didn’t mean to let it out; he just acted based on his feeling just now. Sungjong looks so cute that he wanted to kiss the younger and he did. But he felt a little spark just now just before Sungjong pushed him a bit. And now, to the connected lips that lasted longer, his power came out. He had been aware that Sungjong was really the ‘owner’ that his father mentioned in his dream and he figured it out that the power of his will act out based on his feelings. Now that he was too sure about his feelings for Sungjong, the power came out on its will. Myungsoo opened his eyes when he felt a burn from Sungjong’s lips. Just at that moment, the magical feeling disappeared and Sungjong slowly fell. Myungsoo startled and caught the younger before he falls on the floor. “Jongie? Jongie!”

 

 

“What happened Myungsoo?” Hoya asked after tucking Sungjong warmly under the duvet. Myungsoo bit his lips.

“I- I don’t know. He suddenly…” Myungsoo didn’t know what to say as an excuse because he didn’t want to talk about the truth yet. Not until he talked to Sungjong. Sunggyu watched his brother, feeling something was not right. Woohyun and the rest of Infinite just stayed silence, Sungyeol was sitting on the bed beside Sungjong.

“He is fine, right Hyunsik hyung?” Hyunsik nodded. The elder male was on the other side of the bed, checking on Sungjong. Sungyeol exhaled in relief while Hoya smiled a little. His eyes were back to Myungsoo when suddenly Changseob called his name.

“Myungsoo.” Myungsoo looked up to the younger. “Do you by chance touch him, skin to skin?” Myungsoo startled and his face started to blush. Everybody saw that notice and frowned a little. That is not so Myungsoo, blushing. Changseob took a breath. “So my hunch is right. This happens because of his ability.” Everybody turned to Changseob.

“What do you mean?” Sungyeol asked. Changseob flashed a smile.

“Sungjong…inherits father’s ability, just like me.” Hyunsik blinked and startled. Changseob nodded to the male and turned to the rest. “He had an ability to see future flashes through skin to skin touch.”

“But it takes a huge amount of energy to make him fall unconscious.” Hyunsik said. Changseob nodded. “Or else, some energy transferred makes Sungjong…”

“Yes, it’s either two. If the flashes he got from Myungsoo contained too much energy that he couldn’t withstand, he will fall into unconscious state. Don’t worry, it’s just a temporary, not that he died or in comma. But the second…if there’s energy transferred to him while he saw the flashes, Sungjong could be in danger. Because people like me and Sungjong couldn’t receive any external energy, we can’t control it and mix with our own like people without sight ability. An amount of different energy could lead to death.” Changseob turned to Myungsoo. “Hyunsik said Jongie is fine. So he might get flashes that had too much energy from Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo looked down. “I guess. I don’t know.” Changseob patted Myungsoo’s back.

“It’s okay, it’s fine. You don’t know and Sungjong is fine.” Changseob turned to the rest. “You might see these days Sungjong used gloves. He’s still new to the skill so he needs to control it first before he could live normally. So we all should help him, refrain from touching him directly skin to skin.”

“Why Jongie didn’t want to tell us?” Dongwoo questioned. Changseob shrugged.

“Let’s get out, we should let him rest. He will wake up soon, so don’t worry.” Hyunsik said. They all nodded and left one by one but Myungsoo and Sunggyu. Myungsoo didn’t move and Sunggyu saw that. So he decided to stay and talk with his brother.

Woohyun was the last one came out from the room. He noticed the atmosphere between the Kims, so he left them quietly closing the door.

“Myungsoo.” Myungsoo startled as he thought everybody had left. “Myung, you’re hiding something.”

“W- what?” Myungsoo startled. Sunggyu stared at his brother then turned to Sungjong.

“Now just tell me what actually happened between you two that make Sungjong unconscious.” Myungsoo gulped.

“N- no, nothing happened.” Myungsoo stuttered a bit but still trying to stay looking confident. Sunggyu sighed.

“Myungsoo. You never lie to me before. You never can hide something from me. You know that.” Myungsoo looked down.

“Hyung.” Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu this time. “Do you remember I said to you that you’re the owner of my second seal?” Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo for a moment before nodding.

“Yeah, I remember and the last seal also has its owner.” Myungsoo nodded.

“You know that the seal is locked with the demon’s weakness?” Sunggyu nodded.

“You told me.” Myungsoo nodded. “And your weakness is love.”

“The last seal, the love that is stronger than brotherly or family love.” Sunggyu got the hunch of what Myungsoo was hinting and he was right when Myungsoo continued. “The owner, soulmate love. That seal is owned by my soulmate.” Myungsoo was nervous to look at his brother but he knew before Sungjong, he needed to tell his brother too. The younger Kim loves his brother and all this long, Sunggyu had been his priority and he at least wanted Sunggyu to acknowledge what he had been feeling. “And hyung…I found the one.” Myungsoo’s gaze fell down before directing to Sungjong. Sunggyu followed his brother’s gaze and gasped.

“Myung, don’t tell me…”

“Yeah. I- I know for sure because the seal…” Myungsoo paused and took a breath. “Already broken few moments ago. Sungjong…had done it for me.” Sunggyu squinted his eyes on Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo, you told me that you don’t-”

“Yeah, I know. I know that I told you he’s just a brother of Infinite, the maknae. I had been sure all these times I never feel more than that towards him. But hyung, ever since I transform, I-”

“Soulmate? Kim Myungsoo, soulmate seriously? Myungsoo, you know that I have warned you so many times that we couldn’t fall in love because we’re different. We are hybrids, we need to be careful and the word soulmate didn’t apply to hybrids like us.” Myungsoo looked up to his brother in shock.

“Hyung. What kind of proves you need more, Gyu hyung? My seal already reacted to Sungjong. He broke it for me. Father, the one who did the seal, told me that the last seal only can be undone by a love that is more than family love, which is soulmate. And Sungjong had done it. He’s proven as the soulmate father told me.” Myungsoo argued back. He didn’t know where he had strength to say those words but he desperately wanted Sunggyu to accept this. He always knew Sunggyu was afraid of love or being together with someone because the species they are. Hybrids. Hybrids that combination of two different kinds and now to be with another one that totally different from the combination, Myungsoo understood that Sunggyu was afraid of what if they could get child, how the child will survive and so on. Myungsoo exhaled. “Gyu hyung, I-”

“No, Myung. Please, we’re already a mess up. Angel and demon together. If you and Jongie, you know that…”

“Can’t you hold to the unity principle, hyung?” Sunggyu frowned.

“What the hell, Myung? This is far from the unity. This is a total mess.” Myungsoo clenched his fist.

“Don’t you dare to say it’s a mess. I, and Jongie is soulmate.” Sunggyu stunned.

“Kim Myungsoo, you-”

“I’m sorry hyung. But I’m dead serious, Lee Sungjong had been proven is the one for me and I do want and need to protect him like how father did for mother.” Sunggyu frowned.

“Myungsoo, I don’t like this. I want you to stay aw-”

“I do feel something for Sungjong and you need to know hyung.” Myungsoo paused looking away from Sunggyu as he didn’t want to see the hurt in Sunggyu’s eyes. “My feelings for Sungjong are stronger than our bond.” Sunggyu felt a pang in his heart. He knew that, how it’s proven by the seal and deep there he was happy Myungsoo met the one. But Sunggyu didn’t like the idea that the one is Sungjong, a hybrid of human and vampire. Who would know what will happen if the two… Sunggyu shook his head and let out a heavy breath.

“I still don’t like it and it’s final, Kim Myungsoo. I don’t want to talk with you until you leave Sungjong’s side.” Sunggyu said and walked to the door. Myungsoo whispered something that clear to Sunggyu’s hearing before the elder went out.

“I’m sorry hyung, but I know you will have to accept this because you know it that soulmate is bounded together. We won’t get separated easily.” Sunggyu closed the door and exhaled, leaning against the door. His tears fell.

“Why you d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter