haeyoungKIM: Dating Mister Popular [Minho]

My Story/ One Shot Collection/ [Haitus]

He was always popular with everyone, teachers, friends, girls. I knew that. So as his popularity grew I tried to distance myself from him.

 

Minho who had been my childhood friend, had been a dork. Then in the blink of an eye he turned in to a dashing athletic man. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was embarrassed to be seen with me.

 

Who am I? I am Seo Taerin. I am a photography student. That’s about it. I’m quieter than most girls and certainly not as girly as most girls. I was easily distracted and took pictures of things that looked interesting to me.

 

I didn’t have anti’s or bullies. No, people knew I was Minho’s childhood friend and so for the most part I was considered to be in his circle. Despite my lack of interactions with the popular crowd, they accepted me as I was since I didn’t pose much of a threat to anyone.

 

I’d like to think that they accepted me because Minho would look out for me, but that’s just my delusional girl mind. I always brushed off these thoughts when I had the chance. I mean seriously? What is so interesting about me? Compared to all the gorgeous girls that Minho was surrounded by I was considered average. Or worse, I was considered horrendous.

 

“Taerin, can you please go take some stock photos? I want to teach my freshman photography class about different development techniques.” My teacher asked. I nodded and took the bag that she was handing me.

 

“Great, here’s a pass if anyone tries to give you a hard time send them to me.” She told me. I nodded and headed out looking for something to take a picture of. As I walked out of the building a tree caught my attention and I quickly positioned myself to get the best lighting.

 

“Only you could find something interesting about a tree.” A voice said behind me. I turned and saw Mr. popular himself.

 

“Hi there,” I greeted softly. He shot a bright smile in my direction.

 

“Don’t give me a ‘hi there’. I’ve been trying to catch up with you all week and nothing.” He playfully scolded me. I chuckled and bowed.

 

“I’m sorry. Forgive me for being so busy.” I added sarcastically before turning to look for other things to take pictures of.

 

“Whatcha doing?” He asked as he towered behind me.

 

“Taking some pictures for a teacher,” I answered shortly. He knew that when I was messing around with my camera, that was what had my sole attention.

 

“Can I come with?” He asked. I nodded.

 

“I don’t see why not.” I replied. We walked around as I took pictures. Minho would keep bringing up different conversations but I would answer absentmindedly. Although I really liked Minho, right now my camera was my main focus.

 

“Yah!” Minho complained. I turned at his sudden outburst. Minho wasn’t usually the type to whine or complain. He was pretty laid back.

 

“What’s wrong?” I wondered.

 

“I’m trying to get your attention.” He told me. I didn’t quite know how to respond.

 

“Um… sorry?” I answered unsurely.

 

“Aish chincha this girl.” He commented. I was about talk back but he grabbed me by my shoulders and sat me down on a bench that was right next to us.

 

“Yah!” I exclaimed. He smirked and started ranting.

 

“You know something Taerin? I’ve tried so hard to get you to notice me. I turned in to this athletic flower boy so you-,” I cut him off

 

“For me? Did I ever tell you to turn in to a flower boy for me? Are you blaming me for something Choi Minho?” I questioned, feeling a little irritated at his sudden out burst.

 

“Well you did say you liked flower boys…” He drifted off, looking away embarrassed.

 

“I never said, Choi Minho become a flower boy.” I told him. He sighed, still not facing me. I took the opportunity to shoot a picture of him. Once again I was so consumed by taking the picture, I wasn’t even aware of what was coming out of his mouth right now.

 

“Taerin are you-,” He stopped as he turned and saw the camera pointed straight at him.

 

“…..” I looked at him embarrassed. I didn’t know what to do or how to respond. I didn’t know what he said, so I didn’t know what to say.

 

“I’m just going to say this once. Pay attention Taerin.” He told me, taking the camera out of my hands.

 

“I love you Taerin like a man loves a woman. I want to take you out on a date. Come with me?” He asked. I felt the heat in my cheeks flair and suddenly I felt at a loss of words.

 

“Umm… umm…,” I said. In the end, I nodded at his question. Minho smiled brightly at me.

 

“Cute…” He stated handing back my camera. I sat there awkwardly unsure of what to do next. Then Minho offered his hand.

 

“Kaja… I’ll walk you to class.” He told me. Again, I nodded at him and took his hand. I expected him to let go as soon as I stood up, but he kept his hand interlocked with mine.

 

“You can let go.” I told him, finally making a complete sentence.

 

“Aniyo, I want everyone to know that I like you and that you’re mine. If they don’t like it they can take it up with me…” He assured me. So embarrassedly we walked to my class, students whispering about us as we passed. Just like that, I started to date mister popular.


Thank you for being patient with me ^^ I hope you liked it ^^: i tried my best to come up with something cute like i usually do ^^;