VI. End

Butterflies and Flowers That Bloom

Author's note: I know I said I wouldn't update anything unless I finish this but I couldn't help it. Inspiration struck me like lightning so here is the last chapter (huhu)! Enjoy and don't forget to leave a comment!


 

VI.

Krystal has never run this fast in her life ever. She barely sees the signs of boards of the street she has just passed as the wind whips her face and her hair is a tumble of mess. Everything is a blur and a haze of dull colors around her while she dashes towards her possibly future. She puffs and huffs heavily, drawing breath from her diaphragm deeply, not caring about the people staring at her. Probably wondering why a lovely girl of her teens is running like this is her last line of life. Let them think what they want to think—this maybe her last lifeline. At least her love line.

There are so many thoughts running in Krystal’s mind right now after she bolted out the restaurant and left Sulli alone. Like where was he now? Or what should I tell him? How would he react? Would my feelings reach his? The most important question of all was do I love him?

It is a very vague thing for Krystal—love. It is not foreign for she receives all kinds of love from her family, friends and fans. But love as in from someone, from her other half. (Well possibly other half.) It is a new experience for her; it thrills her and gives her a sparkling and tingling sensation all over her body. In the corner of her mind, she knows this is not love however. This feeling she has for Taemin is too light to be considered as love but too deep to be seen as a crush. It is somewhere in between and she has no idea what to call it.

Finally she arrives at the SM building, looking flushed and muddled. She doesn’t stop for a quick breath but gathers her last energy to climb the flight of stairs before her, almost bumping to Eunhyuk who yells a ‘Yah Soojung-ah! Careful, geez.’ She doesn’t pay heed to his complaint and persists to her quest to find the youngest member of SHINee. And when she does find him, he is sitting alone on a dance room with his iPod in hand and earphones in tack and is currently wiping his sweat off.

Krystal breathes a sigh of relief and slumps down beside a wall tiredly, causing Taemin to pivot around and stare at her in a startled gaze. His mouth is parted in an almost dumb look and Krystal manages to acknowledge him with a silly grin.

 “Soojung-ah! What happened to you? Why do you look like that?” The blond is beside her in a minute and is giving her his towel for her to wipe her sweat off.

“Wa… ter.” She points at the water bottle stored in a corner. Taemin quickly dashes for it, grabs it and returns back to Krystal for her to drink it. When she’s done and has caught her breath, he gives her a questioning look.

“I was looking for you. I wanted to talk to you...”

The strawberry-blond boy sits in an Indian style and gives her his full attention. “About what?”

She hesitates, wondering exactly what she wanted to say. She settles for this: “About a lot of things. Like why the sky is blue or why you always carry that wristband around wherever you go—“ Taemin blushes as red as a tomato, mouth twisting to the side in disbelief as she relayed her observations—“About your voice training and how much you’ve improved since you debuted and if you’re favorite drink is really banana milk. What you do at night, what you think, and what time will you go to bed... who you like.”  

“What—“Krystal doesn’t let him finish his sentence and cuts him off with a soft smile.

“I think of a lot of things on what to talk about with you but mostly I think about you.”

“I think about you too!” Taemin blurts out and Krystal blinks and her inner self is jumping up and down but she stays quiet in case she has heard wrong. He realizes his sudden occurrence and immediately blushes again. Rubbing the back of his head in an embarrassed manner, he continues. “More than I should have actually. Your smile or the way you laugh, I like it. You don’t act girly or cutely and complain too much and you’re honest with your feelings. A bit harsh sometimes but sincere. If you don’t like something, you say it immediately. Sometimes I wonder what makes you so you.”

“Why..? Why do you think about me so much?” Krystal hopes and wishes that the reason he thinks about her is the same reason why she thinks about him.

“Because…” Taemin looks up at her, sincerity flowing through his vibrant eyes. His face is glowing like a cherub’s and Krystal’s heart leaps and thumps faster, anticipating for his reply. “I like you.”

...

The world stops second and turns black and time freezes. There is only a boy and only a girl in a room filled with jumbled emotions separating them. Three words are spoken. Then there is blinding light that envelops the couple and finally, their feelings for each other have finally met.

...

That is what Krystal felt the moment she heard Taemin say those words. High up in cloud nine isn’t even enough to describe her ecstatic phase right now. And somehow all she can say is, “Oh. Oh.”

“Oh?” Taemin repeats, worrying about her response to his confession, but is eased when she breaks into a wide, bright grin and laughs freely.

“Yeah! I like you too oppa!”

...

When Krystal goes back to her dorm that night hand in hand with Taemin, she tells herself that she doesn’t need to be cute or adorable just for someone to like her. Being Krystal is just enough.



 

A/N: Keut! Done! The ending could do some work but meeeeeeeh. 

GUISE, GUISE OMG I AM CURRENTLY WRITING A TAO/KRYSTAL FIC OMG IT'S SO WEIRD BUT I LIKE IT. PANDA-TAN SDFASDGFG. UMMM YES. OMG PLEASE, PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR TAOSTAL FIC I AM GOING TO POST. Ktnxbai.

Thank you for reading this~