The Babysitter

Life As We Know It

Daehyun age 4
Youngjae age 3
Jongup age 2
Junhong age 1

The Babysitter

“Be careful with Junhong. He's mastered walking and is now trying to run around. Make sure he doesn't get into places he's not supposed to be in and that he doesn't pull anything down. Oh, and he's biting too.” Himchan instructed to Yongnam, who just nodded. “Make sure Jongup gets his Dada before bedtime. He can't sleep if he doesn't have his Dadamato next to him. Oh, and watch out for Daehyun and Youngjae. They're either fighting or ganging up on Jongup or up to some kind of trouble.”

“Sounds like me and Yongguk when we were kids.” Yongnam chuckled.

“Yeah but we'd always fail whenever we tried to gain up on Natasha noona.” Yongguk said as he grabbed his and Himchan's coat.

“Oh, and make sure that they don't eat any sweets otherwise they won't fall asleep. No matter how cute they may look when they're asking.” Himchan said. He furrowed his eyebrows as he ran down the list in his mind. “Oh, and-”

“I think he's got it Channie.” Yongguk handed Himchan his coat.

“But make sure that all the gates are closed so that the maknaes don't go into rooms that they're not supposed to. Daehyun and Youngjae already know how to open them so watch out for them too.”

“Himchan, it's not the first time I've babysat before.” Yongnam said. “Just go and enjoy your date. I have everything covered.”

“But-”

“Boys we're leaving. Be good for samchon.” Yongguk said from the doorway. Daehyun and Youngjae were heard answering from the living room where the four of them played. “Later bro.” Yongguk smiled.

“Bye Nammie. Take good care of my boys.” Himchan said before walking out of the apartment.

Yongnam sighed when the front door closed. He could hear his younger brother complaining to his husband about the nickname that he had just used. Yongnam smirked. He always thought it was cute that Yongguk got jealous whenever Himchan called him Nammie. To him, Yongguk and Himchan were the cutest couple he knew next to Natasha and Charu.

He turned and walked to the living room where Daehyun, Youngjae and Jongup were playing. “Where's Junhong?” Yongnam asked as he walked over to the trio playing. Youngjae looked up at him and shrugged. “Crap.” He walked around the living room looking for the one year old.

“Junnie, where are you?” He called out when he couldn't find the baby in the living room. He walked past the kitchen, not bothering to look in there because the gate was closed securely so that the kids wouldn't be able to enter. He walked down the hallway and noticed the door to the bathroom slightly open. His eyes widened when he peered into the bathroom to see Junhong trying to climb on the steps that were placed in front of the sink. The baby's hands were resting on the top of the steps and he leaned forward trying to lift his little leg up.

“Junhong!” He reached out and wrapped his arm around the baby's body, picking him up in his arms. “How'd you get in here?” The baby looked up at him with his round eyes and blinked a couple of times. Junhong then looked down and tried to wiggle out of Yongnam's hold. He pointed to the steps as he grunted. “No Junnie. You can't play in the bathroom.”

Yongnam walked out of the bathroom with baby Junhong in his arms. He walked into the living room to see that the three boys that were previously playing there were gone. He groaned. “Boys this isn't funny. Come out.”

He could hear the giggles from the three of them. He set Junhong down inside the playpen before going to find the other three. Jongup was the easiest to find since the toddler couldn't contain his laughter when Yongnam got close to the couch. He peered over the couch to see Jongup crouching behind it with his hands to his mouth trying to stop his giggles.

“Found you.” Yongnam said as he grabbed the now laughing toddler.

“Appa you found me!” Jongup threw he's arms in the air.

“Jonguppie, I'm Yongnam samchon I'm not your appa.” Yongnam said as he carried the boy.

“Oh samchon.” Yongnam nodded. Jongup tilted his head to the side. “You look like appa.”

“That's because your appa and I are twins.” The toddler blinked a few times trying to gasp what Yongnam had said. “We're brothers that look the same.”

Jongup furrowed his eyebrows. “Jonguppie, Junnie, JaeJae and DaeDae no look same.”

“That's because you four are special.” Yongnam poked the toddler's nose causing him to giggle. “Now wait here with Junnie while I find your brothers.” He said as he set Jongup into the playpen with Junhong. The baby reached his arms up asking for Yongnam to pick him up. “Sorry Junnie but you need to stay out of trouble while I look for the other troublemakers.”

Yongnam walked around the apartment looking his two older nephews. He checked all of the lower cabinets in the kitchen thinking that Daehyun just might be hiding in one of them while eating some snacks. When he made sure that the kitchen was clear, he moved to the bathroom. He closed the bathroom door when he made sure that neither of the children were in there. He slowly walked down the hallway hoping that he could catch the two doing something that they weren't supposed to do. He turned to Yongguk's and Himchan's room when coming up empty in the two other bedrooms. He slowly opened the door revealing the two boys with their heads together arguing about something.

“What are you two doing?” Yongnam asked causing both boys to jump. He grabbed the drumstick that belonged to Himchan's janggu from Daehyun's hands.

“Samchon!”

“Daehyunnie wanted to play with daddy's drum. I said no. We get in trouble.” Youngjae bit his nails as he looked up at Yongnam. Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows and turned to his younger brother. “Tattletale.”

“Well it's a good thing that I caught you. If you had broken or damaged your daddy's janggu you would be in even bigger trouble than you are now.” Yongnam set the drumstick back on the table, next to the other stick. He ushered the two out of the bedroom and out to the living room. “Now stay where I can see you. Jongup get down from there!” He grabbed Jongup as the toddler tried to climb over the playpen. Junhong held his hands out again so that he could get out of the playpen as well.

“Guppie out appa.” The toddler said.

“Samchon, Jonguppie. I'm Yongnam samchon.” The toddler blinked a couple of times then smiled. “Oh yeah, samchon.”

Yongnam looked down at the tug on his leg. Daehyun looked up at him, pouting. “Samchon, I'm hungry.”

“Me too.” Said Youngjae.

Yongnam opened his mouth to respond but was cut off when Junhong started to cry, screeching loudly. The baby bounced on his legs and raised his hands in the air, wanting to get out of the playpen. Daehyun and Youngjae both tugged at a pant leg. Yongnam closed his eyes and sighed. He could feel a headache coming on. How does Guk and Chan do this?

Junhong's cries grew louder. Yongnam placed Jongup on the floor. “Alright, I'll go get you guys the snack that was left in the kitchen.” He picked up Junhong, who instantly stopped crying. He walked to the kitchen with the baby in his arms. Junhong tried to bend down to get himself free from being carried. Yongnam just shifted him back so that he wouldn't fall forward.

“Alright boys, come and get in your chairs.” Yongnam smiled when the three were sitting at the small play table waiting for their snacks. He placed a plate in front of each of them with their pieces of fruit. He sat down on the floor with Junhong in his arms. He tried to feed Junhong some of the easier food for the baby to eat but the one year old had other things in mind. Junhong's hand hit the plate sending the fruit flying. “Junhong.”

The baby ran, giggling the moment Yongnam's arm loosened. Yongnam went to pick up the fruit that had fallen to the floor before Junhong ran down the hallway. Junhong started to laugh when Yongnam started to chase after him. “No you don't!” Yongnam grabbed the baby and walked back to where the other three were eating.

“Quit it! Stop eating my food!” Youngjae yelled as he tried to shield his plate from his older brother. Daehyun tried to reach over Youngjae. “Gimme your apple. I give you my grapes.” The older boy tried to bargain.

“No. I don't want your grapes.” Youngjae said as he struggled to get Daehyun off of him. With his free hand, Youngjae slapped Daehyun's reaching hand. Daehyun retaliated by pulling Youngjae's hair. The younger of the two screamed before smacking Daehyun on the head.

“Boys!” Yongnam rushed over to stop the two fighting. He placed Junhong down, not caring if the baby ran off to get into mischief. By the time he got over to the two, Daehyun and Youngjae were pulling each other’s hair and slapping each other. Both boys were screaming and crying. Yongnam pulled the two apart. “Wall. Now.”

“Daehyun started it.” Youngjae said as he wiped his tears.

“I don't care who started it. Both of you, on your knees facing the wall, arms in the air.” Yongnam ordered. Both boys did as they were told as they sniffled. Daehyun pushed Youngjae who in turn pushed him back. “Keep it up and you'll both stay there for a while.”

“Sorry.” Daehyun said softly. Junhong walked over to Daehyun and placed his mouth on his brother's cheek. A few seconds later, Daehyun screamed when Junhong's three baby teeth sank into his cheek.

Yongnam pulled the baby from his brother. “Junnie that wasn't nice. You don't use your brother as a teething toy.”

“I done.” Jongup announced. The toddler got up from his seat and walked over to the toys that he was playing with before. Junhong walked over to Jongup and sat down to play with the building blocks. Seeing that the two maknaes where playing as peacefully as they could for the moment and that the other two were still being punished, Yongnam walked to the kitchen to grab himself something to snack on. He walked over to the couch with his food and sighed as he said down.

“It's only been 30 minutes...”

 


Poor Nammie lol.  I have fun making Daehyun and Junhong troublemakers.

Thank you to my subscriber who requested this one.   I actually had fun writing it.  I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Don't be shy on leaving me requests for future drabbles.  The more the merrier.

Please subscribe, comment and upvote~

Til next time lovelies~