3/?

my lips are sealed

Here is the next chapter just as promised!!!! I was actually going to fit in another member's part like i did with the last chapter but this part got way too long. This is un-edited but i'll come back to do that when I have more time. Thanks for all your patience and encouragement everyone c: xoxo


Okay deep breaths now. In and out. Youngjae sighed as he let out a breath that he was holding. Honestly, he didn't even know why he was so nervous. No scratch that, he did.  It wasn't everyday that he got to see his crush friend (since they were in different grades), much less have an opportunity to land himself a kiss. (...not that he thought about kissing his "friend") He skittered through the crowded hallways, dodging other students as he made his way towards the classroom-turned-cafe. When he made it there he couldn't help it but let out a low groan. I should've knownhe thought to himself upon seeing the long line up that ended around the corner. He quickly marched to the end of the line and as he made his way down the hallway, he got a glimpse of inside the classroom. Even in the half a second Youngjae got to peek at the junior had sent his heart beating erratically and a warm flush to his face. Ducking his head down in embarrassment,  he made his way to the end where he would wait for half an hour while nervously wringing his hands before finally making it near the classroom door. During the time that he was waiting, he had saw the volleyball team pass by and even skip the line in. 'If only I was athletic' Youngjae had kept thinking to himself. (There weren't that many perks in being vice president of the choir club except for the occasional first pick at the songs or the reimbursed choir uniforms, it even had his name embroidered on the pocket.) But all thoughts about how swag his name was embroidered in gold on his shirt pocket came to an abrupt halt when he realized that his turn was next after the giggling pair of girls in front of him. 

And almost as if an invisible switch was flipped, his palms instantly became clammy with cold sweat and his knees began knocking as if he was shivering out in negative degree weather. (Those standing behind him had jumped back in surprise and slight disgust as the person before them appeared to be turning into some sort of sweaty jiggling mass.)  He had tried to discreetly dab at his forehead with his sleeves while dragging his feet closer towards the booth as the girls stepped up for their own turns. Youngjae could feel his heart rate accelerate to speeds that he didn't even think were possible and it was hammering so hard that he was sure that those around him were able to hear it as well. 

As he approached the stand with heavy steps, he saw Mark's face blossom into a charming smile when he spotted him (after bidding the giggling girls goodbye with a polite "no sorry I'm not interested in a relationship right now"), and Youngjae is sure that this was the moment his over active heart stopped beating. He's frozen on the spot, his sweating goes into overdrive (it almost looks like he got rained on before coming in) and Mark goes in for the kill when he tilts his head in confusion (with that darn little pout on his lips), gesturing for Youngjae to come closer. At this point his body's defense mechanism to protect himself from embarrassment kicks in (always a little too late) and he goes into autopilot with a blank head as he takes a few tentative steps towards the booth. He's just about another three steps away from reaching the pretty boy when there is a loud cry of "MARK!" and his body is unexpectedly hurled aside, getting the wind knocked out of him as he's thrown to the ground. Yep should've been an athlete. He groans while cursing his skinny frail body and holds his sore head as he looks up to see what had knocked him out. All Youngjae can make out is a large figure dressed in a white tank and the sleeves of a bright orange jumpsuit tied around the waist before there is a shrill "Jackson!"  piercing the air. When Jackson turns around dumbly as if he didn't just knock over a person like a sack of beans, the sight of his face sends Youngjae's heart into another frenzy (not the same way that Mark's did though, not that Jackson wasn't good looking). Jackson's face had been covered with makeup to give him this bad- look complete with fake scars and bruises and Youngjae's instincts are screaming for him to run away. (People like him were the prey of people like Jackson Wang with his bulging arm muscles) Just as Youngjae is about to make his escape, an arm helps to gently pull him up and he finds himself face to face with an apologetic Mark. 

"Sorry about that Youngjae." Mark frowns as he leads him towards one of the chairs on the side, sitting him down. In the background he can vaguely hear Jackson calling out to Mark but the he ignores him. "I think Jaebeom is grabbing you some ice." 

"I'm fine!" Youngjae manage to squeak out. "I don't want to hold up the line or cause any trouble." Mark merely turns to give him a fond smile (sending all of Youngjae's blood towards his cheeks) and ruffles his hair. 

"It's fine. Jaebeom told the people in line I'd be taking a break for a bit cause of the accident and it's almost time for my lunch anyway." Mark explained. He shakes his head as he recalls how he met the sophomore in the first place. Mark had happened to be in the library (because hey, sometimes he needed to buckle down and study too... or cram real hard for an assignment due the next period) when he had overhead a group of students whispering (they weren't as quiet as they thought they were) about ditching the library and heading out to grab some food. Honestly, Mark wasn't trying to eavesdrop but math could be so boring that his mind automatically would rather pay attention to anything else near by rather than focus on the numbers in front of him. He turns his head to get a better view of the group of people talking and watches with mild interest as the group decides to ditch their library assistant duties. When one of them speaks up about the work they'll leave behind and how the librarian will book them for skipping for sure, a girl steps in with a laugh saying that they should all just leave it to "little Youngjae". Mark's eyebrows rise at that and wonder why "little Youngjae" isn't standing up for himself. (Mark would never, ever let any of his friends get away with pushing work onto them to go play) The whole group all break into smiles and nod their head in agreement and make their way towards the other end of the library. Mark watches on as this was his only source of (not very entertaining) entertainment makes their way to the only other student in the library (who he totally did not even notice before). It's a small boy with black hair quietly shelving books away from his cart and Mark's frown deepens as he sees the group approach who he now believes is "little Youngjae" and then leave after a couple of them give him some "friendly" taps on the shoulder that send him stumbling. Before he can even stop himself, Mark has gotten up out of his seat and made his way towards the boy. 

"Hey, don't you guys think it's pretty unfair of you guys to not only ditch your own responsibilities but then dump it all onto this poor boy?" he called out to the group. He sees the other students freeze and all turn around with an angry glint in their eyes ready to fire back at whoever had called them out. Beside him Youngjae is startled by stranger who had suddenly come to his defense. The group all pause and give each other a nervous stare as they realise who it was that was talking to them. This was Mark Tuan, the infamous prince of his junior year, who was friends with all the other wildest (mainly Jackson) and influential students of the school. They gave a small gulp before a girl had stepped up to talk. 

"Uhhh, we were just going to grab some food and then come back. But I guess that can wait until we're done here, right guys?" she says turning back to her friends for support. There's a quiet chorus of "yeah!" and some furious head nodding. 

"Great!" Mark smiles (the one that makes all the girls smitten) before turning towards the quiet boy beside him. "Thanks for all your hard work!" he says to him and quickly makes his way back to his seat to finish off that darn assignment. (the next period was starting in about 30 minutes and he wasn't even halfway through the assignment yet.) As Mark was making his way towards the library exit to make his way to class after miraculously finishing the whole assignment, he felt a tug on his sleeve and turned around to see Youngjae. The boy fidgeted with the hem of his shirt before clearing his throat and let out a quiet "Thank you.". Mark smiled and ruffled Youngjae's hair (he didn't know him that well, but something about the boy made him think of a cute harmless animal) replying with a "Anytime.". After that, whenever Mark went to the library (sometimes with Jinyoung or Jackson in tow), Youngjae would come over and chat with him.

Mark smiled at the memory. "You're too nice for your own good Youngjae." 

"Bu-" Youngjae gets cut off before he can finish as Jackson comes crashing into Mark. Youngjae watches feeling a bit jealous at how easily Jackson just drapes himself over Mark and well, how Mark just lets him do that. 

"Maaaarrrkkk! Stop ignoring me!" Jackson whines while nuzzling his face into Mark's neck. Mark just sighs and rolls his eyes before shrugging him off. 

"Jackson, you just pushed poor Youngjae onto the ground like you were playing football. You need to apologize to him!" Mark scolded Jackson who looked more like a kicked puppy rather than a scary criminal he was dressed as. Jackson started to pout and finally turned towards Youngjae.

"Sorry man, I didn't see you there. I really didn't mean to knock you over." Jackson said earnestly while scratching his head. "But you were so light I barely even felt it when I hit you. You should really go bulk up a bit. Ow!" Mark whacked the back of Jackson's head and gave him a glare.

"That last part was so unnecessary!" Mark was beginning to sound like a naggy mother. "Youngjae is fine the way he is." Youngjae felt his lips curl up at the comment but kept his head down to hide it. "The one who has a problem is you Jackson! How could you have not noticed there was a person in front of me??"

"Because when I'm a room with you, I can only see you." Jackson replies with such a straightforward face that Mark can only stare back blankly at a loss of words. Thankfully, Jaebeom appears with a bag of ice in his hand and hands it over to Youngjae.

"That should help ease your bruising." Jaebeom says and turns towards Jackson. "Why am I not surprised that it would be you causing all this trouble."

"Can't help it that I was born so wild and y." Jackson grins as he loops his arm around Mark's waist as he is somewhat back on his good graces (he hopes). 

"What are you supposed to be anyway?" Jaebeom asks as he looks Jackson up and down.

"I'm a y bad inmate!" He cries as he removes himself from Mark to strike a pose. "Suits me doesn't it?" He asks while flexing his arms. Mark and Jaebeom sigh in harmony as they both shake their heads. 

"Youngjae feel free to come get something to eat. It'll be on the house for all the trouble we caused." Jaebeom turned towards Youngjae motioning him to go take a seat at the table in the far corner. Jackson starts spluttering at their lack of response but they were all use to drowning him out as a background noise by now. Youngjae looks back at Mark before reluctantly standing up to move towards the table. Mark, probably understanding the look he got had reach out an arm to stop Youngjae. 

"Wait," he said. "You came for the kissing booth right?" Youngjae feels thankful that he doesn't have to voice it out loud that he still wanted his kiss. He turns back towards Mark giving him a shy nod of his head. Mark flashes him a smile before pushing Jackson away and telling Jaebeom to "keep it somewhere where it won't hurt itself or anyone for now". Youngjae watches in fascination as Jaebeom takes Jackson by his arms and drags him across the room to the back kitchen area while Jackson wails and calls for Mark like a child who just got his favourite toy taken away. 

"Okay, so what kiss did you want?" Mark asks evenly (He was too used to this by now to feel any embarrassment in asking), as he lead the two of them back to the booth. 

"Uhmm...o-o-on t-the l-li-lips?" He stutters out and Youngjae wants to smack himself across the face for sounding so nervous. "Here." He stuffs his hand into his pocket pulling out a five dollar bill and handing it to Mark.

"Yeah sure!" Mark nods as he places the bill in the cash box. Youngjae can feel his body going stiff from nervousness and he doesn't know what to do as Mark leans in. He's so close that Youngjae could probably count every single one of his long beautiful lashes and before Youngjae can even get to two, he feels a warm pair of lips pressed against his. He automatically closes his eyes and sighs into the kiss. It was so warm and sweet and he never wants to pull away. Unfortunately, Mark pulls away first, taking the warmth with him and Youngjae opens his eyes regretfully.

"Sorry for all the trouble again." Mark says but instead of moving back he leans in again sending Youngjae's heart into another intense round of beating. "This one's on the house too." He whispers and gives his cheek a quick peck. Youngjae can only bring a hand to his cheek and splutter incoherent noises as he watches Mark walk away towards the back kitchen of the cafe. When Mark is finally out of view, Youngjae's legs finally give in and he collapses onto the floor (not even caring about the strange looks he was getting from the other students eating around him). He brings his other hand to his chest and thinks about how he needs to schedule an appointment with the doctor soon. All this activity for his heart today probably wasn't that good for him, but for that single moment and memory of the warmth on his lips, it was worth it.