2/?

my lips are sealed

wow ! thank you guys so so so so so so much for all the subs and comments !!! I never would have thought that this story would get so much attention. With that said, I felt more pressure to write the story well (and meet all your expectations), but its all good hahaha c: I actually had the first half of this chapter written up a long time ago but the other half took a really long time to come to me and I'm still not fully satisfied with it to be honest... but oh wells hopefully the other chapters will come out faster than this ! thanks for waiting and thanks for all the support again ! C: 


The days leading up to the school festival were torture for Mark. He had his fair share of admirers at school but it seemed like the news about him giving out kisses for coins had caused the bold to grow bolder. (I'm looking at you Jackson Wang.) By the end of the week, Mark was just about ready to tear his hair out and take the next flight to Alaska (no one would think that the summer sun loving boy would head anywhere cold willingly). He was tired of having to deal with Jackson's lewd comments (we'll be doing more than just kissing he kept winking), Jinyoung's nagging about him selling his lips (it wasn't my choice!), and Jaebeom's incredible ego (don't hate just cause you know we're winning this time) on top of all the increased whispers and stares he would get when he walked through the hallway. His patience was wearing very, very thin. If this stupid kissing booth business didn't hurry up and finish, he was worried that he might break his self-control and wind up finishing off someone (still looking at you Jackson) else instead. 

By the time the big day arrived, Mark found himself feeling a lot more relieved and calmer than he thought he would be. (just another 24 hours and I'll be free was his mantra for the day) The school was a buzz of movement and sounds as students rushed around with their last minute touches to whatever event or activity they had planned. When he walked into his own classroom, even he had been taken aback by the transformation the room had undergone. He had helped with preparing the decorations (painting banners, buying table cloths and centerpieces and so on), but the decoration team had really went above and beyond. The room didn't even look remotely close to a classroom anymore. In fact, it closely resembled one of those cute little coffee shops you would take even those hard to impress dates to. 

"Woah" Mark gasped as he stared around the room in awe.

"Looks nice doesn't it?" a voice suddenly whispered into his ear. Taken by surprise, Mark had whirled around and found himself face to face with an ecstatic Jaebeom.

"Quit whispering creepily in my ear!" Mark pouted as he continued to survey the room.

"Sorry, can't help it Markie." Jaebeom shrugged, not looking the slightest bit apologetic as he turned away and called for the rest of the class' attention. (Mark got his revenge by secretly sticking his tongue out at Jaebeom's back, no one said he was mature) "Okay guys, today is the day that we've all been working so hard for." Jaebeom spoke confidently, taking on the stance of some military captain speaking to his soldiers before war once again. "All our hard work is definitely going to pay off! We're going to raise the most funds, win that prized trip, and have the honour of being first place!" he shouted while raising a fist to the ceiling. (so dramatic Mark coughed from behind him, zip it Jaebeom hissed back) "Who's with me?!" And the class let out a loud wave of battle cries, not far from the sounds you would hear in a wild African safari. "Our cafe is now officially open for business!" And with that, the class dispersed to their respective spots in anticipation for the flood of customers that were surely to come.

Finished with his epic and inspiring speech (I know, I totally deserve a pat on the back), Jaebeom turned back to Mark and grabbed his hand, pulling him towards a corner of the classroom. "This is where you're going to be for the day." he announced while making a grand arm gesture towards a very elegant looking stand. The top had the words 'kissing booth' displayed in large colourful letters along with heart and lip shaped cutouts. 

"Why am I right near the entrance though? Everyone's going to see me." Mark whined (he's been doing a lot more whining recently but rest assured, he was a manly man all the way down to the core) while taking his seat behind the stand. 

"That's the whole point Mark!" Jaebeom chastised, crossing his arms across the counter top after he placed a small metal box in front of Mark. "People need to see you from the hallway so that you can attract more potential customers. And those waiting in line for a seat can come for a kiss while they're waiting too. It's the perfect strategic placement!" he rambled excitedly while Mark just sighed in response (only Jaebeom would plan things with so much detail and get this excited about it...nerd). "And this is your cash box, you know what the prices are right?"

"Yes mother!" Mark rolled his eyes. "It's $2 on the cheek and $5 on the lips. Geez, you don't think I could memorize something as simple as that?" 

"No, of course I know that you're not just a pretty face." Jaebeom gave a sly smile as he leaned closer and closer to Mark (he could feel himself going cross eyed as he watched his best friend's face slowly approach) until the tips of their noses touched. "I think I know that better than anyone else."

"What are you trying to pull now?" Mark growled, trying to lean his head back to make some space but Jaebeom had brought his two hands to hold Mark's head firmly in place. "I swe-" But Mark's threat was cut short as Jaebeom had smashed their lips together into a messy kiss. (there was a lot of thrashing and struggling on Mark's side as he tried to break free from the kiss but Jaebeom was still holding his head in place, and even though Jaebeom didn't look like it, he was quite the gym rat) But when Mark felt a tongue other than his own in his mouth, that was the final straw. He moved his two hands to push the psycho ert away and gouge his eyes out when Jaebeom suddenly broke off the kiss. 

"I said that I'd be your first customer didn't I?" Jaebeom winked and Mark promptly socked him across the face.

"Don't ever pull something like that, ever again." Mark hissed, trying to convince himself that his cheeks we're not on fire from the kissing or from Jaebeom's comment but rather from him being so furious. (I would totally not be swayed by something spontaneous like this)

"Ow." Jaebeom winced, rubbing his sore cheek (this better not bruise). "That's some ty customer service. Gonna have to give me a discount now." he replied dropping a few coins into the once empty metal box before strutting away. (that's right, he strutted away.)

"I didn't even give you one." Mark grumbled while glaring holes into his now ex-bestfriend's back. "You gave the discount to yourself." Not really caring whether or not Jaebeom had heard, as long as he got the last word. (cause you know... Mark always gets the last word.)


"Hurry up Yugyeom!" Junho called as the rest of the volley team pushed past the crowded hallways moving ahead of him. "You're gonna get left behind!"

"Coming!" Yugyeom called back as he bid goodbye to the girl at the fortune telling booth. (Money shall bring you a taste happiness today she had predicted and Yugyeom couldn't help but scoff at the absurd and horribly typical message. It sounded like something from a fortune cookie.) He tried his best to move quickly past the moving bodies and caught up with his teammates. "Woah, that is one long line up. I wonder what it's for." Yugyeom pondered aloud.

"That my friend, is the line up for the cafe we are headed to." Junho smiled at him, tossing an arm around his shoulder. Yugyeom's eyes grew to the size of saucers.

"What?!" he wailed. "I'm hungry now though! I don't want to wait that long!" Junho let out a loud laugh shaking his head as he pulled Yugyeom along behind the team and entered the classroom, now a cafe, without stopping to line up. Before Yugyeom could even open his mouth and ask why they we're being a bunch of rude kids cutting the line when Jaebeom suddenly appeared before them. (oh, of course they would've asked Jaebeom for seats ahead of time)

"Hey guys!" he greeted. "We're still cleaning up your table so just wait here for about another five minutes." The group of around ten starving guys all nodded and started to take a look around the cafe while they waited. A five minute wait was nothing compared to the people lining up outside.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Junho suddenly said in a booming voice, bringing the rest of the team's attention towards a stand by the entrance. (How did Yugyeom miss this enormous and flashy looking stand when he was first coming in??) "So this is what you skipped our volleyball team performance for??" Yugyeom and the rest of the guys headed over towards the stand as Mark turned towards them with his jaw dropping in shock.

"What are you guys doing here?!" Mark gasped and after a moment, he scrunched up his face. "You think I wanted to be here instead of with the team?" he added sounding extremely offended. (he must be catching the sass from Jackson)

"Well that's what it kind of looks like. You were suppose to help us recruit more members and get donations for the team." Nichkhun replied as the rest surrounded Mark at his little stand. A couple of the guys reached over to give him a friendly punch on the arm as a greeting. (the girls lining up for their kisses didn't seem to mind and watched as the famous volleyball team reunited with their missing member.)

"Instead, you're just helping your own class out here!" added Yugyeom pushing his way to stand in front of Mark. "What is this for anyway?"

"You guys seem to be forgetting I have Jaebeom as my class president." Mark said with narrowed eyes. "I just can't win against that guy and can't you just tell by looking?" making a rather aggressive arm gesture towards the top of the stand. The group of heads turned to follow said arm and looked above where the words 'Kissing Booth' stood along with some girly decorations. 

"Damn, we should have thought of that for our fundraising campaign." Junho grumbled while the rest of the team just rolled their eyes at their ever ambitious team captain.

"No thanks." Mark hissed back while crossing his arms. "This isn't as fun as it looks, my lips are seriously chapped. And can you guys hurry up and leave? You're holding up the line." (this was definitely from Jackson's influence) Yugyeom turned his head to see the long line up of girls (and boys) waiting and gave them an apologetic eye smile. He couldn't help it but smirk to himself seeing the girls blush and wave their arms telling them it was alright. He was innocent, but not oblivious enough to not realize the effect he had on others. 

"Don't be so grumpy Mark!" Yugyeom smiled leaning over the counter to pinch their spiker's cheeks. This was a rare moment where he could see Mark outside of practice and he wasn't going to let the opportunity go. It's not like he was mean to Yugyeom, in fact, it was the complete opposite. He was insanely sweet towards Yugyeom, always taking care of him and helping him out with their plays. It was because Mark always babied the freshman so much, he felt like this would be one of the few times he would get to tease the junior a bit. "Your customers don't seem to mind."

"Yeah, is this how you treat your friends who came to support you? You should be welcoming us not telling us to go away." Junho admonished, smacking the back of Mark's head (while said brunette rubbed the back of his head and grumbled about them coming because of Jaebeom's threats and bribes, not for him). "Jaebeom said we'll be seated soon anyway." And speak of the devil, Jaebeom suddenly appeared and motioned for the guys to head over to their table in the far corner. The rest of the guys practically sprinted off towards that direction without even saying goodbye. (cause honestly, it was food over anyone or anything, any day.) Just as Yugyeom turned to leave, he spun back around to face the booth, sticking out his tongue as he fished around his pockets. 

"Here, take this as a symbol of my support." he smiled, pulling out a crisp five dollar bill from his pocket and slid it across the countertop. Yugyeom leaned forward while puckering up his lips expectantly, chuckling to himself at the startled expression plastered on Mark's face. (how can someone older than him be this adorable??) Hesitantly, Mark glanced down at the money as if to check it was real before leaning forward and giving Yugyeom a peck on the lips. The kiss was sweet and Yugyeom was sad to say that it was also too short. "You're a good kisser!" he giggled as Mark replied with a shake of his head and a wave of his hand to shoo him away. "Here's one last gift for you." Yugyeom reached out for Mark's hands, dropping a small tube of cherry chapstick into his palms. "You're good, but your lips could've been softer." Mark spluttered and kept glancing between the tube in his hands and the smiling giant in front of him.

"How are you suppose to be the innocent little frosh again?!?!" he screamed after Yugyeom as he headed over to his table. Yugyeom just merely shurgged off the accusations about his innocence and ran a thumb across his lips, smiling as he thought back to his fortune from earlier. Maybe he should head back to the fortune telling booth later he mused as he pulled out his phone to send a text. Bambam definitely needed to hear about the booth his 'senpai' idol crush was running. (unless he already knew... in which case, Yugyeom really wouldn't be surprised)