Single-minded

The Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Could you really love two people at once? Could you split your heart in half?"

- Cassandra Clare.

    Later that night, Luhan thought about it all, the night before with the offer his grandfather gave him. Will it be worth it?

     He did everything to do with the university, go on the website, read reviews and he might get used to it and it'll be good for him.

     But will he be happy?

     11:30PM and he's thoughtfully thinking about his future, his time is near and he still has no clue.

     He really needed to get it out of his head. He couldnt sleep. ~ Insomnia.

     He scrolled down his contacts and called Xiumin.

     ...

     ...

     No answer.

     Did the same for the other 11, no answer.

     Last resort, Bom.

     "Hello?" he heard a small and gentle voice.

     "You're awake?" he was surprised.

     "Yea, I cant sleep." Bom yawned through the other line.

     Luhan smiled, shame Bom couldnt see. "Wanna go out?"

     "Do you know what time it is?"

     "You said yourself that you couldnt sleep." Luhan took her words.

     "Where do you plan to go?"

     "A walk. ~ To take my mind of things."

     "Okay. Where do we meet?"

     "I'll pick you up." Luhan offered.

     "Just text me when you're outside and ill go, you'll probably wake up my family."

     "Alright, bye." Luhan and Bom hung up.

 

     As soon as Bom felt the vibration from her pocket, she crept outside her apartment managing to not make a noise. She wore a normal long sleeve shirt and her pajama bottoms.

     She found Luhan outside waiting for her dressed in full cosy black clothes and a backpack.

     "You're not going to escape home, are you?" Bom asked giving him a strange look.

     "You're not going to a tropical island, are you?" Luhan said based on Boms appearance.

     "I always go out like this."

     "In winter?"

     "You said its just a walk."

     Luhan took off his backpack and placed it on the floor. He lifted his jumper off of his body and is left with a V neck long sleeve revealing his collar bones. 

     "Here." he held out his jumper, offering Bom to wear it.

     Bom pouted, gently taking the jumper from his hands. "Are you sure? You'll be cold then."

     "I got another one in my backpack."

     "Then wear it." Bom said whilst putting on the jumper. The inside was soft as a feather and not to mention Luhans scent, it was turn on for Bom when boys have a nice natural smell.

     "Im not that cold." he said as he looked at Bom from head to toe. "Really?" he facepalmed himself when he caught Bom wearing socks with slippers.

     "You did say it was just a walk." Bom shrugged her shoulders.

     Luhan ignored her and ped his bag.

     "Dont tell me that you have spare shoes in there aswell. It probably wont fit me anyways. Plus we are just outside my apartment building, I can get some shoes."

     Before Bom could turn around, Luhan carelessly threw a pair of old shoes onto the floor. They were pink, it appeared to be Minzys.

     Bom held them and looked for the size. "Size 5..." she read. "You came prepared, I'm guessing you picked a place to go."

     Bom untied the laces on both shoes and put them on her feet. She tied the laces on her right foot but Luhan was impatient. He knelt down and tied both laces for her. After years of doing sports, hes learnt to do them in a mere second.

     "...Thanks." she grabbed her slippers off the floor and Luhan took them inside his bag.

     "So where are we going?" she pulled up her hood and placed her hands inside the warm pockets of the jumper.

     "a nearby park."

     "To do what?"

     "Didnt I answer that question on the phone?" 

     "Well actually, first you said it was a walk now you're saying were going to the park. So what are we gonna do? ~ Talk about our feelings and cry about it?" Bom laughed on her own.

     "You'll see."

     They ended up at a park a couple blocks away. The lights were still on and it was perfect for Luhan to take his mind off things. Bom walked around the field on her own, she noticed a soccer field with a goal.

     Luhan on the other hand took out a soccer ball from his bag and aimed for Bom. "Catch!" he threw it underarm towards her back.

     Boms reaction time wasnt quick enough so she ended up being hit on the back by the ball. "Aack! That hurt!" she turned around and made a scrunched up face as she tried to massage her back.

     Luhan took the ball by his foot and dribbled around with it, showing his skills. "Ever played?"

     "Maybe." Bom grinned.

     "Are you any good?" Luhan kicked it up in the air and bounced the ball onto his knee continuously. 

     "The question is..." Bom smirked. She didnt hesitate to kick the ball before it hit Luhans knee, it flew to the right side, getting out of there presance. "Are you any good?"

     "I dont know if you heard, but I've taught Minzy a few tricks and she was an amazing player." Luhan had pride.

     "That doesnt make you an amazing player though." Bom winked.

     "Lets settle whos the better player. First one to 10 points?"

     "You're on." Bom squinted her eyes. "Just to let you know, I have a reputation of being called 'Park Messi'." Bom wanted to sound intimidating.

     "Since you think you're a great player-"

     "I dont think it, I know it." Bom had confidence.

     "If you're so good of a player, lets make things intresting." Luhan requested, Bom read in between the lines. "If I win, you have to cook me food."

     "Okay, I'm not a good cook anyway." Bom grins.

     "If I'm not satisfied, you have to pay for dinner."

     "Fine. But if I win, you have to dress up as a girl-"

     "No." straight away he declined without Bom finishing her sentance.

     Bom ignored him and kept going. "and your makeup-"

     "No."

     "Will be done by moi."

     "No."

     "You are no fun." Bom pouted. "Why? You have no confidence?"

     "To be honest with you, I was going to let you win. ~ I didnt mind paying for dinner."

     "Well obviously, you're rich and dinner isnt that fun."

     "You have yourself a bet." Luhan held out his hand for Bom to shake. Bom shook his hand lightly. "Starting now!" Luhan informed in a snap. He knew when he was going to say it, he had a head start into running after the ball on the right side.

     Bom was left behind. "Yah! Thats cheating!" she screamed. There was no time to waste so she thought quickly and ran to her goal.

     Luhan dribbled the ball to Boms goal swiftly. Bom was prepared for the kick. She stood in the middle of the goal with her arms wide open, in a position of a goalie.

     Luhan didnt kick but decided to dribble it closer than expected to the goal. It was at the point where Bom could tackle however he didnt let that happen. He tricked her. ~ An illusion, where she thinks he was about to score but she was fooled. Furthermore, he scored anyways.

     1-0 to Luhan.

     30 minutes later, Bom was winning, 9-7, she was too focused on the game that she didnt care about the scores. 

     Soon, Bom made another point which lead her into winning the game. "I win! ~ You are going to dress up as a girl this morning." she giggled, wiping the sweat off of her forehead in a graceful way a woman should.

     "Your house?"

     "Yes." Bom pants heavily and takes a seat nearby a tree.

     Luhan takes a seat next to her, he leans his back and head against the tree as he rummaged through his bag to get a water bottle. 

     He took three deep sips before offering some to Bom. "Want some?" 

     There was no reply.

     Luhan leaned forward to take a good look at Bom. Before he knew it, she was already fast asleep. He checked the time on his phone. Its currently 00:48. He grinned at Bom and covered his spare jacket over her.

     After all the running, Luhan wasnt fatigued at all. All he needed was a minute or two to gain back his energy. There wasnt much Luhan could do. ~ No wifi and his phone was almost low battery. 

     He looked through his bag for things he could play with for the next couple of hours.

     There was cologne, a pen, a pencil and a pocket knife.

     He took out the pocket knife, he got an idea which made him smile out of nowhere.

     He changed his seating position into crouching down facing the tree.

     He carved him and Boms name deeply into the wood.

     The thought of the idea was cheesy and it made him cringe, but there's nothing else to enter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter