Chapter One

Chat Room

Baekhyun sighed as he slammed his bedroom door shut, locked it and plopped down on to his bed. His parents were arguing as usual, his older brother was out -probably drinking- and he was hating life.
Ever since Baekhyun was ten, he had been depressed. It was if, when he turned ten, all the color was drained from his happy little world and replaced with late nights filled with yelling and fighting. At ten years old, Baekhyun was a social butterfly, everyone loved him and he had tons of friends. Over the years, he had slowly become the sixteen year old introvert that he is today. Baekhyun rarely spoke to anyone other than his best friend Kyungsoo. Sighing again, Baek logged into Pikku! the chat app that he uses to communicate his squishy friend. Upon logging in, Baekhyun received a notification stating that he had a new chat request. 'Why would someone want to chat with me?' Baekhyun thought to himself, he didn't exactly have the highest self esteem (honestly that's an understatement, he hated himself.) Baekhyun shrugged, returning to his usually indifferent self, and accepted the request. He tried to pretend that he didn't care who it was, but after ten minutes of pacing around his room, he decided to accept it.

The person's name: Park Chanyeol, after clicking on the name, he was greeted by two pretty, brown eyes staring back at him, smiling in a friendly manner.

'His profile picture seems alright' Baek thought to himself as he went through the man's profile. Although Baekhyun would never admit this, he found the man very attractive.

A few minutes after accepting the request, he left his room to go shower and get ready for bed.

When he returned to his bedroom, he noticed his phone buzzing in the corner of the room where he left it. Picking up the phone, he saw that he had two messages.

'Hi Baekhyun, I'm Chanyeol. Wanna be friends?' Baekhyun scoffed, this kid sounds like a loser, he thought.

'Sure I guess,' he replied. After clicking send, he went to check his other message. His heart dropped into his stomach when he saw who it was from.

'Kai: hey eyeliner boy, wanna go on a date?' Baekhyun started sweating, Kai is a popular boy at his school, everybody wants him, but the thing is, Kai is somewhat of a jerk.

'Baek: when and where?' I know what you're thinking, why would Baekhyun accept a date invite from a jerk -a hot jerk who moves his body in ways that should be illegal- but still a jerk.

'Kai: now, i'm outside of your house.' Baekhyun gasped, moving to the other side of his room to look out the window, and there he was, the tan dancing god was leaning against his black sports car.

'Baek: i'll be down in a second' Baekhyun quickly threw on a black hoodie and some ripped grey skinny jeans, he carefully tip-toed down the stairs and out the front door, quietly to not wake his parents.

When he got outside, he awkwardly walked up to Kai, blushing out of nervousness.

"Hey Hyung." Kai said, pulling a very surprised Baekhyun into a warm hug.

"Uh, hey Kai, where are we going?" Baekhyun asked, the hug now broken.

"Anywhere you want." Kai says quietly as he opens the door for Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun didn't know if this date was a trick or not but he did know that he had an angry swarm of butterflies going to war in his tummy.
[19:24:39] skippy: It wasn't a joke, Baekhyun realized as Kai pulled up to a Japanese curry resturaunt 'Inko's Curry'. Kai stepped out of the car and circled around to open Baekhyun's door. Kai then smoothly interlaced their fingers and they walked up to the entrance.

The two were ushered to a table and quickly sat down with the menus.

"I'm Lu Han, I'll be your waiter for tonight. is there anything I can get you to start off with?" Lu Han asked them with a cute and friendly smile. Kai looked at Baekhyun expectantly.
Baekhyun shrugged, flashing Kai his puppy dog eyes.

"We'll just have two cokes?" Kai said smiling cutely at the waiter. The waiter nodded and scurried off to get their drinks. Baekhyun eyed Kai curiously, he was really confused as to why Kai, Kim Jong In, would ask him on a date.

"Are you okay?" Kai asked him suddenly, Baekhyun jolted in his seat.

"Uh yeah...I'm fine sorry." he said, blushing and looking down.

"You've been really quiet...do you want me to take you back home?" Kai asked pouting, Baekhyun shook his head.

"No, no it's just...I don't understand why you would want to date me..." Baekhyun said, now looking up to meet Kai's eyes.

"Baekhyun, I like you...a lot, you're cute and I think you're the most interesting person in school because you're always so quiet."

"Thank you Kai... I think I like you too, I never really thought about it. But you're really cool too." Baekhyun said, blushing slightly.

The two boys received and finished their food, after bickering over who paid the bill (Kai paid the bill and Baek tipped the waiter) they went to the park across the street.

The restaurant was right across from a park that was connected to the Han River, Kai dragged Baekhyun all the way to the river bank and they sat down, immediately relaxing. They spent two hours skipping rocks and getting to know each other.

Baekhyun checked his watch. It was already two in the morning.

"Uh Kai? I think we should head home now...?" Baekhyun said, watching as Kai nodded and walked towards him.

"Thanks for coming on this date with me Baek, I hope we can go on some more dates, really soon." Kai said in a low seductive voice before he ducked down and pecked Baekhyun on the lips. Baekhyun of course, blushed some more.

"Uh, yeah we c-can go on other dates...so are we like...?" Baekhyun trailed off, not sure how to continue his question. 
"Boyfriends?" Kai finished with a smirk. "Yes, we are." And with that, the new couple went back to Kai's car. Kai dropped Baekhyun off at his house (after giving him a goodnight kiss) and then headed home.
[19:24:58] skippy: -in BaekHyuns room-

Baekhyun settled down on his bed and pulled out his phone. He had two notifications on Pikku! Messenger. They were both from the guy that he added earlier Park Chanyeol. Baekhyun clicked open the notifications and it brought him to a chat that was started with Chanyeol. He read the messages. 

Chanyeol: heeeeey, I'll start by introducing my self, I'm Park Chanyeol, I have an older sister and I live with her and my parents. I'm allergic to cats, my favorite group is 2NE1, I listen to old American rock music sometimes. I rap, sing, play guitar, piano, and drums and I collect rilakkuma plushies with my best friend BiBi. I'm really tall for my age, and you are my Hyung. Also one more thing...I like guys...so yeah, reply whenever you can. Oh and my nick name is the happy virus since I'm always happy you know xD

And there was a second message.

Chanyeol: btw you don't mind if I call you Hyung right? xD. And if me liking guys makes you uncomfortable...I'm sorry.. :P

Baekhyun felt flattered, no one ever made such an effort to become his friend before.

Baekhyun: I have no problem with you being gay lol. That would be weird considering that I'm dating a guy right now yeknow xD and cool, I don't really play instruments but I sing. I'm really quiet so if we met in person this reply would've stopped after the first sentence x) I'm the exact opposite of you though, I'm not usually very happy but today was kind of an up day for me. And of course you can call me Hyung. Ttyl Channie x)

After sending that message Baekhyun fell asleep.

-Two Months Later-

"I'm just saying Hyung, if we were in Teen Titans you would be Star Fire and I would be Beast Boy." Chanyeol says. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are skyping like they do every night, ever since their Pikku! chat two months ago, the two boys have been skyping every night and texting each other throughout the day, they've never actually met in person but they didn't get around to that yet. Baekhyun is still dating Kai and they go out every Friday to the same restaurant that Kai took him to on their first date.

"What makes you think I can't be robin? Or Beast Boy? Why am I a girl?!!" Baekhyun complained with a playful pout. Chanyeol sighed through the computer.

"You're too girly Hyung." he said, flashing his famous 'happy virus' grin. Ever since Baekhyun began talking to Chanyeol, his depression has started to get easier to deal with. He doesn't cut anymore and isn't as stressed. Baekhyun has also fallen deeply in love with Kai but he feels that Chanyeol is a nice change from the bad-boy dancer that he spends most of his days with.

"Well you know what Channie, when we finally meet in person we will must dress as the Teen Titan characters that we want!" Baekhyun said with a devious grin. Chanyeol nodded for second and then lightly chuckled.

"Okay Hyung, well on that note I'm gonna go to bed now. Have fun on your date night tomorrow." Chanyeol said before yawning loudly through the monitor. Baekhyun nodded and said:

"Alright goodnight Channie. I won't be able to skype tomorrow because it'll be my two month anniversary with Kai." 
Chanyeol yawned again.

"Okay Hyung I'm hanging up now, Jaljayo!" Chanyeol said tiredly before hanging up.

Baekhyun shut his laptop and flopped backwards on to his bed. He was so nervous about his date with Kai but he had the perfect gift so there should be no worrying. Right as Baek was closing his eyes, a soft knock on his door had him opening them with a low groan.

"Who is it?" he asked, still lying down on his bed.

"It's Kris, can I come in for a second." It was his older half-brother.

"Yes Hyung come in." he said, now in a sitting position on his bed. Kris walked in, wearing Gucci footy pajamas clutching his llama plushie named Ace. Baekhyun repressed a smirk and moved over on his bed for his Hyung.

"Baekhyun...yesterday I was at the mall. I saw you there with one of your friends." Kris said, emphasizing the word 'friend'. Baekhyun froze for a second, yesterday he was at the mall with Kai and they were holding hands...

"Um H-Hyung...you can't tell mom and dad." Baekhyun started.

"Baek, are you gay?" Kris asked with a very serious expression. Baekhyun looked down for a moment.

"Y-yeah Hyung...the friend you saw me with is my boyfriend..." Baekhyun said, afraid of his brothers reaction.

"Baekhyun...I'm okay with you being gay as long as this Kai doesn't hurt you." Kris said scooping his tiny brother into a bear hug. Baekhyun hugged his brother back.

"Thank you Hyung..." Baekhyun said quietly. Kris nodded and gently kissed his brother on the crown of his head and left the room.