Complicated Love Story

She Will Be Famous

"I heard about the audition you took two days ago...at YG Entertainment." Dara finished, hesitantly.

Both of them stopped talking. Dara got a text message from Chundoong, and quickly replied telling him to leave her dorm and that she was really sorry but she met up with a really important friend she couldn't bear to lose. She then turned off her phone in case any disturbances got into the way of their conversations. You know, just incase Chundoong decides to call Dara more than 10 times. Just the usual. 

IU started talking.

"Unni-ah, don't take this the wrong way but I really wanted to get into YG Entertainment. Even you know that. Right, unni? " IU paused and looked up before continuing. "My parents, at first, really objected my dream of wanting to become a worldwide known singer, but soon agreed when they saw how desperate I was. I even begged on my knees in front of them. Don't misunderstand. I didn't join YG Entertainment to find out who your ex-boyfriend is; I wanted to go because of the talent that was born there, and of course, the benefits they give their singers. I couldn't just let any opportunity pass by me." IU stopped and held Dara's hands from across the table. "I mean it."

Dara looked up, tears b in her eyes. She didn't know how to tell IU. She couldn't. She couldn't speak. She couldn't tell IU that she went out with her ex-boyfriend after IU left. She couldn't tell IU that four years ago, Dara truly wished IU would leave the US quickly just so she could get together with him. She couldn't do anything about it; some people thought she was obnoxious and Dara completely agreed. Back then, she was indeed obnoxious and selfish. Right now, she wasn't crying simply because her other ex-boyfriend belonged to YG Entertainment and he had dumped her. She was crying because IU was so oblivious about everything. Just three years ago, Dara had did something unthought of. Dara had dated Lee Hong Ki from FT Island, IU's ex-boyfriend. In other words, the man she believed was worthy of being her true ex-boyfriend. Someone she couldn't bear to lose, but lost because she was stupid enough to play with his feelings.

~*~

That same night, IU stumbled out of the karaoke bar, drunk and dizzy. Her friends, Big Bang members, tried to help her stand straight but she waved them away, telling them that she was fine. 

"Ugh, it's time to go back to manager-ssi's place..." G-Dragon complained as Big Bang was walking to their van. Taeyang, who hadn't been listening to s conplain, turned around again to catch a last glimpse of IU before he left. Fortunately, he did it at the right timing.

"YAH, IU!" Taeyang shouted, his quick reflexes coming into play as she stumbled yet again, and he held onto her firmly.

"Be careful." Taeyang mumbled.

"Aish, what do you take me for?! I'm not a child anymore, Taeyang-ah!" IU said loudly, slurring her words as she spoke. 

She then laughed and took Taeyang's hands off of her waist as she tried to prove that she could walk on her own. Taeyang stared at her with a loving, yet disapproving gaze. As Taeyang had his moment with IU, Big Bang was waiting impatiently next to their van. Seungri sat inside, smirking as he watched the scene before him. He laughed to himself as he recalled how he found out Taeyang's liking for IU.

 "Taeyang's obsession with IU was strong back then, and since that time, nothing has changed, actually. It all started when I took Taeyang's iPod. 3/4ths of his videos were all of IU's auditions into entertainment companies. How did he even get those anyway; aren't they confidential?!? Well. The next thing I noticed was Taeyang's frequent outings to go to some coffee shop around town. It's always the same time and same day. 2 weeks later, news came out that Taeyang's favorite cafe must be that coffee shop. It was said that he had always loved to meet his friend there and he still does. I mean, now EVERYTHING ADDS UP!" Seungri quietly praised himself for knowing so much about the situation.

He was mostly elated because in reality, he actually knew nothing about what was going on around him at all. Attention turned back to the other members of Big Bang.

"TAEYANG, YOU CAN WAKE UP EARLY IN THE MORNING TO MAKE HER HANGOVER SOUP; I DON'T CARE HOW EARLY YOU WAKE UP OR WHO THE HECK KNOWS WHAT ELSE YOU MIGHT DO, BUT IF YOU CONTINUE THIS CUTE SCENE OF YOURS WE'RE GOING TO BE FREAKING LATEEE!!!!!" G-Dragon pleaded Taeyang as he stood there holding the van door open for the past 15 minutes. 

Taeyang diverted attention from IU and reluctantly looked at G-Dragon. He sighed.

"Go!" IU said, playfully pushing Taeyang into the van and giggling. "Your members are waaaaaaaaiting for you~!"

"Aish, that stubborn girl.." Taeyang muttered under his breath as he rubbed his arm where IU had pushed him painfully. "Just what has she gone through to get this drunk? She's never gotten this wasted before." 

Seungri watched Taeyang as his hyung recollected his feelings and thought about IU for the trillionth time. It's been four years since he started liking IU. Feelings grew, and he now loved her. He gazed back through the window with a look of care, love and longing as he watched the cute beautiful figure get smaller and smaller.

~*~

While IU was getting drunk at a bar she frequented back then, Dara was contemplating the events she had been through over the past four years. There was never enough time to express what she felt to people who were close to her. Dara sighed. She felt terribly dejected because of the conversation she had with her dongsaeng just this afternoon. IU returning brought many memories back to Dara. Ever since her meeting with IU this afternoon, she couldn't bring herself to stop thinking about Lee Hong Ki for even a second. She decided to go to the place where she had always went to when something bothered her. She admitted the place was weird. It wasn't like the dramas, where she returned to some park where they first met or even the elementary school they went to together. The place she went to whenever something bothered her was none other than her favorite Korean supermarket, H-Mart. After all, she couldn't really be bothered there. Ahjummas didn't know 2NE1 anyway. (Well, just yet, at least.)

When Dara arrived at H-Mart, she immediately headed straight for the restaurant court to the side of the entrance.

"One order of Jja-Jjang myun please," She ordered quickly before finding a seat at a table nearby.

As her eyes landed on the different tables and aisles of the market, she felt her head spin. More memories were starting to resurface and it was almost as if they were brought back from the drawer she had tried so hard to lock in her mind just days after breaking up with Hongki. 


"Hongki-ah!" Dara yelled at Hongki to put her down as he piggybacked her and ran into Hmart. Everyone turned their heads to look at them and Dara buried her face into his hair. Hongki had laughed and kissed her right after he put her down at the Jja-Jjang Myun store. 

"This is a SUPERMARKET, Hongki!!!" Dara complained because of his openness and his ability to not be embarrassed at all about what he did. Hongki quickly changed his behavior and ordered the same food as Dara just to please her. Hongki finished all of his food and later that night when Dara was on Hongki's blog, found out that the meal they ate earlier, was not at all Hongki's favorite food; It was his least.


Dara guiltily winced as she recollected the many memories he ate that dish with her, including the many times he paid for all those cute expensive accessories, AND all those times she got mad when he didn't bring his wallet. The only reason she had come to date Lee Hong Ki was because of his increasing popularity when "You're Beautiful" came out, and FT Island's crazy popularity. She could help 2NE1 a little bit with a reputation and role like Lee Hong Ki's girlfriend. When IU left for the States and broke up with him, Dara was able to begin dating him a year later. When this happened, Taeyang became increasingly annoyed. He was Dara's secret boyfriend at that time, the ex-boyfriend from YG now, and he was totally popular as well. He couldn't understand why Dara would go public in a relationship with Hongki, but refuse to go public with someone like himself. Originally, Dara had wanted to. However, she had figured that the number of people disliking her would triple the amount every week;she hated anti-fans.

As Dara thought back on these events, she couldn't believe how selfish and conceited she was. She started to date Hongki out of all the wrong intentions and wanted her friend who was like a sister to her to leave the country just so it could happen. She ended up breaking Taeyang's heart, and later, Hongki's. 

"MISS, YOUR ORDER~" The young waiter shouted, snapping Dara out of her daze. She turned to face the source of the charming voice.

"Aish, why are all young waiters nowadays so cute?" Dara thought dreamily as soon as she saw him. The waiter walked up, passing her her order of food. His name tag on his apron read "No Min Woo". Hm. That sounded familiar. She stared at his name tag for about five more minutes before remembering the headlines of a news article she had read in her daily source of information, Korean Pop magazines. 

"Boyfriend's No Min Woo?" Dara questioned, with a knowing glance. Min Woo's eyes glittered with hope. 

"Yah, noona, you know me?" He laughed, his mood lightening up. He quickly took his phone out and tweeted on his profile.

"Dara noona knows me <3 ^^ HAH YOUNGMIN~ Aish, hyung, you know I'm kidding x3 Hurry and come back from the supermarket--or else you won't get to see her~~ >///<" He had typed. Sure enough, right after, thousands of fans bombarded his news feed with tweets, messing up the network.

"Are you REALLY that happy?" Dara asked miraculously, as she read the tweet from his phone.

"OF COURSE, YOU'RE FROM 2NE1 YOU'RE AN AWESOME SINGER YOU'RE MY FAVORITEEEE MEMB--" Minwoo halted. He sighed, before suddenly leaning in close to Dara.

"I can't risk anti-fans, so I'll just say that I'm a big fan of you quietly." He whispered. 

He then glanced at the fans on the line for jja jjang myun and quickly did his cute smile. He was totally eye candy for those girls. Anyone could tell he was a natural at making girls happy. He suddenly heard a few calls of requests from customers and playfully went back to the counter to get more radish for them before returning to Dara's table.

"Noona, what's your number?" He glanced at her hopefully.

Dara laughed. "(xxx)-xxx-xxxx" She typed it into Minwoo's smartphone. "Young guys these days always have a smartphone in handy.." Dara frowned as she stared at her basic phone in her hand. 

Minwoo quickly sent Dara a text.

"Ja! Noona, that's my number. You can text me wheneverrrr you want!" Minwoo exclaimed.

He flashed his cute expression and winked at her. Dara swore she could not withstand that eye smile any longer.

"I have to go work now, noona....I'll text you soon.." Minwoo groaned as he made his way back to take another order.

"Arasseo. Concentrate on working, Minwoo-ah!" Dara laughed as Minwoo trudged back to the front desk.

"DING!"

The supermarket automatic doors opened once again as a new customer walked in. Dara stopped in the middle of slurping her noodles to see who it was. It's an instinct. One of those things where you hear a ding so you turn around. She normally never turned around when someone walked in. If she had done that, she would be turning around every five seconds. It was a super market, for gods sake. However, this time, her instinct had told her, 'You should turn around. You should see who it is.' She listened to her instincts this time. 

The customer who walked in was a guy about 5 feet 1. He headed over to the Jja Jjang Myun section and was greeted by Boyfriend, and they seemed to know each other very well. He got his order quickly and locked eyes with Dara's table, the only one with an empty seat in front of her. Dara had quickly looked down at the table, too shocked to look up. She was secretly wishing that the man who had just walked in would veer somewhere else. He would get a call and leave. He would find another table and face the opposite direction. He would do ANYTHING else besides--

"Uhm, excuse me..can I sit here?" He asked Dara.

Dara looked up. It was too late.

The guy's eyes widened in shock.

"D-Dara?" 

~*~

A/N: Sorry for the late update @-@ I typed a whole long long chapter on Google docs and then I found out that I couldn't copy and paste anymore, so I had to retype everything. That's probably why I cut a whole section out of this chapter; Then again, I thought of something new so look forward to it in the next chapter :D. I hope this chapter is okay; I WAS going to make a reunion between Dara and Hongki but..you know..change of mind...a little. I added Boyfriend. Don't ask me why, I have nooo idea, hahaha~ I was a bit caught up with report cards before, and tests and all that stuff. Well, I was updating on Flower Boy Ramyun Shop kdrama too (it's really good, and I'm waiting for the next episode of The Musical)...Okay, I'm getting off topic. I hope you like this chapter!! Comment and subscribe please <3

-Kpopchicken :)