Distances

Waiting for Leeteuk

Siwon's POV – 8 days before Leeteuk being discharged

 

"Siwon? " my manager called me through the phone.

 

"Ye..Manager hyung.. Please wait a little.. "I stopped with my bike 'cause it would be dangerous to talk on the phone while driving.

 

" Hyung? Why are you called me?"

 

"Please go to SM about...5. "

 

"But Hyung~ " I sulked. " Then I have only one hour..do you think it's enough?"

 

"Go to the dorm, take a shower, and if Heechul is there -and I guess he's lying on his bed right now- tell him that we gather you all beause we have a really important matter to discuss.. If he protest ...well, find a way so he can come.." ahh...cool.

 

"Okay...ookay..I will come...yes..Bye hyung! " I put my mobile back into my fanny pack and started to pedal. When I arrived to the dorm, I parked my bicycle and got in to the elevator. I opened the door with the code and stepped inside. It was quiet. I guess Heechul is asleep...

 

"I can't babe..you know we are in the middle of our preparations for our new album.. " I heard a voice from Heechul's room. I guess he is talking with somebody on the phone but somehow it's really suspicious...”babe”....wait..does hyung has a girlfriend?!! " I miss you too..."

 

I got closer to his door and put my right ear on it. How can he do this to us? It is okay if he's dating with somebody but the fact that he didn't tell us about it...I thought he have always been an open hyung.. " Wait a bit~ " and that's when I almost fall in to Heechul's room. " Wha-what ARE you doing here Siwon? " his eyes widened and he immediately covered his mobile's speaker " Your parents didn't teach you that eavesdropping is a really improper action?? Aaaishhh! " he looked somewhat angry but worried at the same time. He massaged his temple.

 

"Hyung, I didn't mean to-"

 

"How much did you hear? " he asked suddenly.

 

"H-how much..."I thought he would be really angry at me if I tell him what I heard so I had to think.

 

"Aish...okay, I get it. You know it. Happened what happened." I looked at him confused." But please...don't tell anyone...I know we shouldn't have keep a secret from our members but if they find out I am dating with Hangeng they will insist on him to come back but he told me he hate this company and he is really sorry for what he did but he-"

 

"YOU ARE DATING WITH HANGENG??!! " I yelled from the surprise. My mind was empty. I couldn't think of anything from the shock that my poor brain got at once.

 

"Noo....?" he said like it was a question then sighed " OKAY, got it. You didn't heared it."then he slammed his door.

 

I needed some time till I could fully recover. The pictures, memories in my head slowly all clicked. How much he cried at the first concert without Hangeng in Beijing when he left the group, how much he drank after that month to forget his best friend and those times.. how many times he tried to avoid from him. He has broken his heart. But one day about two month later he came to our dorm all happy with a huge smile on his face. From that day onwards we always seen him as his original princess-like self.

 

Well, it explains everything.

 

Suddenly I remembered that we have a meeting in SM. I looked at my watch: 4:30. .

 

"Heechul-ah! "I knocked " Hyung! "no answer" I know it is awkward for the both of us but...we have to go to SM. Now. Manager-hyung told me to bring you too because all the members needed. It's important he said. " the door slowly opened and he peeped out then walked to the kitchen to drink a glass of water. When he finished he put down the glass and started to talk.

 

"Without the brilliant space big star Kim Heechul, it's not a meeting. Let's go. "he grapped his jacket .

 

"Ah! I should change my clothes, wait a minute.." I ran to my wardrobe think I don't have time for a shower. I put something fashionable on me and went back to the entrance-hall where Heechul waited for me.

 

"We will continue this conversation."he murmured loud enough that I could hear it. I nodded.

 

The way to SM building was ...with one world: awkward. I was driving while he looked out of the window beside him so he can avoid from a conversation. After a few minutes we arrived. I parked down the car and we went up to the room where we usually discusse stuff. When I opened the door I was welcomed with a very lively atmosphere.

 

"Hi everyone!" I greeted my members and sat down right next to Donghae. Beside him there was Eunhyuk.

 

"Ahh~ Masi! How are ya?" he said smiling while taking my right hand to greet me.

 

I turned to the table. There was a paper in front of me so I started to read it. It was some kind of new contract with SM Entertainment. They wanted us to renew our conctract with them because we will have a comeback soon and several concerts so it's a need. As I read the details suddenly I heard a very familiar laughter. And then, I remembered the owner of it... it belongs to no one but...

 

"Kibum-ah!! Long time no see! I missed you Hyung~ You have become even more handsome and ooowaa you worked out, didn't you?? " our eternal maknae literally jumped on Kibum when he saw him....IN FRONT OF ME? W..Why? How did I not notice that he was sitting right in.front.of.me. for God's sake! I was so shocked his sudden arrival that I could just stare. He noticed me and looked me in the eye. When I sank into his deep brown eyes I realised that he was still the same Kim Kibum I met years ago as a trainee. My first very best friend. The memories from our trips with the members when we were still rookies came back like a flashback. When we did 'Boys in City' ..I remembered how we walked next to each other while holding hands...The long conversations between us... How did we separated so much? I haven't seen him for over 3 years now...Of course I gratulated him on his birthdays on phone but that's not the same. And now...he is here. Suddenly I felt a strong urge to just stand up, go to him and hug him tighly. When I finally decided to do like this the door shut opened and a highly ranked manager, who we have worked with so far, stepped in.

 

"I gathered you guys because of the new SJ comeback which I guess you all know about. But! The main reason I'm here is that I want you to know, our Kibum "he pointed at him" finally joins back! "everyone clapped and whooped with delight. " ELFs complained that he hadn't made a new comeback so far but Kibum was the one who first brought up the thought of joining back and SM gave him a green light. You guys take a good care of him, and Kibum, work hard 'cause it won't be easy first! " Kibum nodded and with it our manager were gone. I decided to talk with him. But as I got up from my seat my manager stepped in and told me I have a schedule in China because of my new movie called "Dragon Blade". I had no choice but to go. At any rate I quickly went to Kibum.

 

"Hi! " I smiled at him " Ermm...It's been a while, right?"

 

"Oh, Hello Siwon-ah!" he smiled back and got up.

 

"Why don't we...drink a cup of coffee tomorrow about...9AM? Or ...?"

 

"No, no! It's absolutely fine for me. I don't really have much schedule to begin with " he laughed awkwardly.

 

"Okay, then...tomorrow! " It was really awkward...it really has been a while... "Now... I have a schedule in China so I can't miss it, Bye! " Oh..my...HOW awkward seriously, Choi Siwon!!

 

"Okay, work hard then, bye!" he smiled and waved me.

 

What I didn't realized was that his eyes didn't show that happiness that his voice and smile did...

 

Kibum's POV – 7 days before Leeteuk being discharged. In a café, 9AM

 

 

"Hi! " I greeted Siwon and sat down on a chair in front of him. " How was the shot yesterday? " I asked politely.

 

"Good, I love China. " he smiled and ordered his americano and my caffe latte. There was a minute awkward silence between us when he suddenly spoke up.

 

"I know it is sudden but I always wanted to ask you this." he looked up waiting for me to say him he can continue. I nodded.

 

"Why..did you leave us? Is it really because of your acting career? "he asked with a straight face.

 

Our caffees have arrived so I had more time to think my answer through.

 

Actually...Partly it really was because of my acting career but 80% of the reason why I left them temporary was because of him. I denied my feelings for one whole year but then I realized there is no escaping from it. It's like a really bad cold which if you got, it feels like you will never be healthy again. I didn't want anyone to know..I was always a quiet person to begin with so it wasn't hard to keep my love for him as a secret from the OTHER members...but not Siwon..I couldn't hide anything from him..So one day, when we were drunk after a tough day..I confessed..But he didn't take it seriouly so he said, he loved me too then that was all...Like a brother I guess...So I couldn't take it anymore and said I wanted to leave temporary because of acting. But really...I just wanted to forget my feelings for him...as if I could... Then that day came. After two years a member came to my shooting scene and asked me how I was. We talked a lot and suddenly Siwon came up. Then he said he knew about my feelings. I remember I was so shocked back then I couldn't even search the right words. But he accepted who I was and talked my whole situation through. Leeteuk said (yes, it was our angelic leader) that he would join the army and through that time he suggested I should think my feelings and thoughts through. Then when he would be discharged I promised to him I would join back in Super Junior.

 

So I did as he told me. I decided it was useless to avoid from him because my feelings won't change because of the distance. I felt lonely, I missed the members and my best friend.

 

So I came back.

 

"So..?-he asked me waiting for a reply.

 

"I left.."I paused" because I really love acting, you know me~ "and I am acting right now as well...His facial expression showed disbelief but he let it go. "But I am back now, I won't go anywhere." I tried to smile as much as I could but inside of me I screamed. He was right in front of me handsome and shining as ever, and I couldn't look away from him. This wasn't that kind of love I experienced first, not that I'm-so-happy-that-he-is-here-with-me-i-could-fly-away no.It was something different...a mix..I was really happy because I could see him but my heart was in pain that I couldn't touch him the way I did long time ago. I would have felt guilt. He didn't love me back...

 

We drank our caffees while talking about the years we missed being together. Don't think much, it was just about work and our members. He told me what I missed. Heechul and Eunhyuk's argue about earphones, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun's new side as an MC (I felt really proud), Sungmin's musicals etc.. We talked about both the sad things and good things... We laughed together as we did back then as best friends...But..are we still best friends?

 

What am I to you now?

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Waa~ 4th chapter done \*o*/ I worked really hard on this one *determined* I hope I improved some ^^" Next chapter will be Sibum too and ...who knows~ >o> Leave a comment if you want me to continue and I'm curious for your opinion about my story ;)