Chapte 18: Lee Sungyeol.

1004 ( Trilogy to B.M.L & S.L.A )

It has been a week for Sungyeol and nothing has improved between him and BAP and Na Rae. Constantly bullying Na Rae, BAP, especially Himchan, Daehyun and Zelo gave Sungyeol a warning. He wasn’t trying his best to communicate with the pals in Angel Orphanage, unlike his hyung, Woohyun, who was opening up to Rapmon in the prison.

Same old thing happened during lunch for the week. Sungyeol would come up behind her and bully her, disturbing her, taking her food away. Na Rae was getting used to it, she wasn’t giving a damn to him. Sometimes, she would do what he did to just pissed him off. Because of Sungyeol, she got closer to BAP.

Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrows whenever Na Rae was possessive of bananas. Be it, Banana cake, banana pudding, well of course, her most favourite banana milk. * what a banana freak…stupid * He thought, rolling his eyes.

The six of them would occupy a table with Na Rae, leaving him alone. He was being being friend-zoned. Yongguk glanced over at the newcomer and cleared his throat.

“ Lee sungyeol. Been here a week. How do you find here? “ Yongguk asked curiously.

Zelo scoffed and Himchan smirked. Daehyun took a big spoonful of cereal into his mouth while waiting for him to answer. Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows together. He just didn’t like the presence of another person. Jongup poured cheetos on her plate and smiled.

“ what do you think Mr leader? If you like it here, then I have no reason to hate it… “ He replied sarcastically. He was childish.

“ YAH! “ Zelo snapped. No one has ever spoke like that to Yongguk. No one ever dared. Zelo dislike Sungyeol to the max for disrespecting his oldest hyung.

“ Alright Zelo. Chill “ Yongguk stated.

“ Yeah I like it here… so I guess you like it here too “ Yongguk smiled.

But deep down, the six of them didn’t like that place. Who likes to be in an orphanage. They hated the place so much. Yongguk lied.

Sungyeol raised his eyebrow. “ well, if you say so…. “ He smirked and left the canteen without even clearing his food away.

“ Why care for people like him, Bang oppa….” Na Rae dipped his oreos into her banana milk.

Himchan sighed. “ hey y~ how ‘bout calling me chanchan oppa? “ He giggled and battled his eyelashes. He leaned in with his lips pouted and Na Rae stuffed a piece of tissue into his mouth, making his dongsaengs laugh.

Yongguk smiled at her. “ Just because. Its my duty to make sure that everyone likes it here “ He stated and took a sip of his latte.

Na Rae looked at Yongguk and she seemed to feel something. She felt that Yongguk somehow wasn’t telling the truth.

“ So… do you really like it here? Do you really? You don’t have to lie Bang oppa “ She was straightforward, causing the six of them taken backed.

* Right. She was clever from the start. Cant hide… * Yongguk thought and chuckled.

He nodded. “ I really liked it here… I hope you too, Na Rae ah “

 

Lunch was over, hours have passed and the thing that they hated has come again. It was duty roster. They whined, even Yongguk didn’t looked happy about doing duty roster. He didn’t want to clean. Youngjae quietly looked at Na Rae. * I don’t mind if we ended up doing it like last time * He thought.

The speaker was and the names for duty roster was announced. The pairing was unbelievable. Jongup was dumbfounded. Yongguk prayed nothing would happen. They couldn’t believe that the caretaker would pair them up like that. Zelo slightly cursed and it was obvious that Youngjae didn’t liked it too.

It was Na Rae and Sungyeol for duty roster that day. Na Rae sighed and cursed mentally. * Why is it me again! * She thought.

“ stupid. What kind of an orphanage is this? You guys are not making us feel home… crazy idiots. Why do I have to do this. …. Do I have to do it “ Sungyeol complained. He had the same reaction as her when she came last time.

“ Lets go stickman~ time to clean up “ Na Rae rolled her eyes and she already knew it that she would be doing all the cleaning all by herself.

Youngjae wanted to help but he couldn’t take a step forward and looked at her walking away with Sungyeol. Jongup hoped nothing would happen.

“ And where the hell are we suppose to clean? “ Sungyeol hissed.

The speaker was on again. “ The basement. “

The six of them were stunned and shocked by what she said. Their face went pale. They don’t like the basement. Na Rae and Sungyeol went down to the basement curiously. Na Rae was there long enough and yet she didn’t know that there actually has a basement. It was dark and the lights were faulty. Some lightbulbs flickered and Na Rae was tensed.

Sungyeol was scared but he didn’t care so much and he noticed Na Rae was really quiet. “ Lets start by taking the rubbish out. Sort out the things first…. Do here, and I‘ll do that ranch on the right… “ He stated.It was the first time he had actually said something with sense.

Na Rae followed his orders and did her best to sort out the things quickly. The lights continue to flicker and she tried to stay near Sungyeol while she cleared the things. Rats squeaked and ran passed, making her jump and her hand automatically held onto Sungyeol’s. He turned around as he was surprised. He softened as he saw her pale face. The lights went off and Na Rae was frozen. She was scared and didn’t want to finish cleaning anymore.

Sungyeol took the big bags of rubbish and led the way, trying his best to find the exit. A gust of cold wind swept past making shivers down their spine. She dropped the bag of rubbish and decided to run but tripped on a rod and fell onto the ground.

“ yah! You should becareful even though you’re scared…dummy  “ Sungyeol quickly attended to her, holding her up.

Sungyeol grabbed her hand, making sure she wont get lost or fall anymore. Na Rae looked at his hand holding onto hers. * He’s got big hands…. I never knew he was caring * She thought.

Youngjae couldn’t just sit and wait. He was going down to find her. “ im going down. This wouldn’t do. How can they pair those two up seriously “ Youngjae stated. Yongguk and Himchan smirked.

They climbed up the stairs and out from the basement and sighed in relief. Sungyeol took her hand and examined it. He hold her hand and looked for cuts but there wasn’t any, swiping the dusts away from her hand. He looked down to see if her knees were alright and swept off the dust on her knees. Na Rae felt shy for once but remained her cool.

“ Yah… excuse me but can you not touch me “ She hissed a little. It was the first time someone actually held her hand and examined if there were cuts besides Jin. She didnt know Sungyeol has the side of him. Caring, he was. * You're actually nice but why put on that guard... ... like me, put on that guard to shoo everyone away * She thought. She felt that he was somehow like her, never letting people know what she was exactly thinking. Sungyeol was the same as her.

She tiptoed and reached out to his face, dusting off the dustsbits on his hair and a little on his face. He gulped at the closeness of the both of them and he could see her face so clearly. * Typical Korean face. Eyeliners. Pretty * He thought. He didn’t deny it. She was pretty. Na Rae took out her black plaster and gave it to him.

“ I don’t know if you need it but here, take it… check if you have cuts… and thanks stickman… “ She smiled a little.

He nodded and took the plaster. “ call me Sungyeol. “ He said.

“ Alright alright… Thanks Sungyeol! Now, I have to go. “ She gently hit his arm and left.

Youngjae witnessed what had just happened and he didn’t felt good. He wondered why.