Chapter 02

Invisible [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a nice Sunday afternoon to have barbecue outside Joonmyeon’s pent house and it seems like everyone was enjoying. The Sunday barbecue had become a thing for them—the lads—Sehun, Kai who are both in their junior year in college, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and of course, Joonmyeon who already finished their degrees. But other than the six guys, the Sunday barbecue isn’t complete without their ultimate gal pal, Soomin…and Heejin who started showing up on the Sunday hang outs more now since she started dating Baekhyun. Everyone loved Heejin. She was ‘contrasting’ the ambiance of six carefree dudes and a less girly gal Soomin from sophistication.

 

Heejin would often wear dresses while everyone was in either a pair of shorts or jeans and she’d always stand tall with her stilettos while most of them were in their converse shoes. Nevertheless, she was never out of place. The guys genuinely talked to her and knowing her this long, most of them weren’t that afraid to be funny around her, except Sehun and Kai though. The two youngsters were always avoiding to joke about something around her unlike when with Soomin. Those two are unstoppable when it comes to their Soomin noona.

 

“Alright, the burgers are done,” Chanyeol stated proudly after he finished the last burger he prepared for everyone. A tower of freshly made hamburgers were placed on a silver tray and served nicely at the center of Joonmyeon’s picnic table.

 

“They look so tasty hyung,” Sehun said as his eyes lit up, looking at the food. He his lips and dared to get one but his precious milky hands were slapped away from the food, “Ouch!” He whined.

 

“Hey rule number 1, no one touches the food until we’re all here,” Kyungsoo stated.

 

“Dang it, where is Soomin noona? I’m starving!” Kai exclaimed with a grunt and suddenly a hand smacked the back of the young boy’s head, “ouch!” He whimpered.

 

“You’re such a pig,” It was Soomin. She had her sunglasses on and a pair of faded blue jeans, a white shirt and her slippers. This is her lazy outfit. Soomin sat down next to Kyungsoo who was nice enough to get her plate and utensils.

 

“So are you allergic to the sun now noona?” Sehun teased, sitting beside the older female.

 

“No I’m allergic to annoying freaks so I suggest you stay away,”

 

“Oooh,” Kai dragged, “Burn,” He added making the maknae to throw a plastic plate, which hit Kai’s face perfectly.

 

“I love your sunglasses, Soo,” Heejin commented as she sat across her, “Where did you buy it?”

 

“Probably at a thrift shop nearby because she thinks spending too much money on accessories is a total waste of wealth,” Apparently, Sehun was not done teasing Soomin. The older female glared at the maknae who just laughed at her, “I take it that you’re giving me that ‘die Sehun’ look again,”

 

“She always looks at you that way, no biggie,” Chanyeol said as Sehun gave him a dirty look.

 

“Alright let’s stop before someone ends up skinning someone alive,” Joonmyeon said and they all sat at their proper places as they eat. Soomin didn’t know if it was the incredibly annoying Sehun or the change of seat plan that was bothering her. It’s been a year now, it couldn’t have been the seat plan. It’s just a seat plan, Soo. So what. She thought. But she knew it wasn’t just that.

 

She used to sit between Baekhyun and Chanyeol but now, Heejin sits on her original spot. Not that it was a big deal but it became a habit of a lifetime to always sit next to her best friend. She didn’t think it was going to be a big deal but every Sunday, the thought of ‘what used to be’ drags itself forward as if it was mocking her. There were many things that changed over the year and Soomin have not adopted all of those changes just yet.

 

She’s still getting used to being stood up or cancelled at on the last minute by Baekhyun. Not that he was so punctual anyway but most of the time, he’d say ‘Heejin needed me’, ‘Heejin asked for help’, ‘Heejin planned something’, ‘I’m making up for Heejin’, and a lot more reasons that starts with ‘Heejin’. Soomin’s still getting used to not having Baekhyun for movie night on Fridays, he’d go at least twice a month but it just wasn’t the same anymore.

 

She’s still getting used to being dragged to situations by Baekhyun whenever he was desperate for a female’s opinion about something related to Heejin. Soomin’s still getting used to helping Baekhyun with his numerous events for his girlfriend, from the planning to the execution (and most of the time even the duration of the event), Soomin was there.

 

Most of all, Soomin’s still getting used to the fact that her best friend, also known as the only guy she had ever loved this much and secretly, is head over heels for another girl. And not just any girl but a perfect girl, the kind of girl that Soomin could only dream she could be. As her mind goes through a million thoughts about it, she watched Baekhyun and Heejin laugh sweetly while they tried to feed each other.

 

“Aww,” Sehun muttered almost inaudible that only Soomin was able to hear, “Aren’t they just the cutest couple on earth noona?” The younger guy whispered to her.

 

“Aren’t you just the most annoying person on earth right now, Oh Sehun?” She bit back as he made a face and backed away. Soomin felt a tap on her shoulder, turning to Kai, she was surprised that he took off her sunglasses, revealing her sleepless eyes.

 

“Wow noona, did you even sleep?” Kai asked.

 

“So that’s why you were late,” Kyungsoo muttered.

 

“No,” Soomin replied sternly, stealing her sunglasses from Kai, “I was late because I went to the studio to submit my demo,”

 

“When are you getting the result?” Joonmyeon asked.

 

“They said they’d call me,” She said nodding her head as she looked down on her plate and poked her side dish with her fork, “That is if they’d like it,”

 

“You’ll get it,” Chanyeol said as the rest agreed, “I have a feeling now is your shot you know,”

 

“Yeah,” The rest agreed.

 

“I’m pretty sure you’d get your songs out this time,” Joonmyeon added.

 

“And maybe a record deal, sounds good, right?” Kyungsoo said with a bright smile on his face.

 

Soomin chuckled lightly and shook her head, “I’m happy you guys are sticking to your script. Only last time, it was Sehun who mentioned the record deal,” Everyone gave her a look and the guys looked pretty guilty, “Hey, I appreciate the kind words and the support but when you guys say things like that, it just…you know,” She trailed off with a sigh.

 

“Alright then, we hope you don’t get it this time and none of your songs get picked, noona,” Sehun replied, straightforwardly with a determined nod. He got lettuce thrown on his face after a second and he glared at Baekhyun who was already giving him the ‘Sehun shut up you’re not helping’ look.

 

Heejin suddenly raised her hand lightly, getting not just Soomin’s attention, but everyone’s, “Umm, Soomin, don’t take this the wrong way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter