Chapter 04

Invisible [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soomin stayed inside the shop for the afternoon shift for Chanyeol called in sick. She didn’t believe the tall guy was actually feeling unwell. She knew he was probably stuck with his too needy girlfriend that no one in the group likes. She sighed at the thought. So far, his guy friends are not getting very likable girls. Heejin is an exemption, of course. The girl is the next owner of one of the most successful clothing brands in all of Korea and Europe, and pretty much the entire world. What’s not to like?

 

Distracting her from her reverie was a customer coming in the store. She almost greeted a good afternoon, until she looked up and saw it was only Sehun.

 

“Hi noona! Are you free? Let’s go eat dinner tonight!” Sehun asked the moment he stepped inside the store. Soomin glared at him for distracting her while she was trying to write down some lyrics.

 

“No I am never free Sehun. Go away,” She coldly said as she went back to writing.

 

“Why do you hate me?!” Sehun pouted. Coming in next was Kai who had a grin plastered on his face.

 

“Noona, let’s go eat dinner tonight!” His statement caught Soomin’s attention. Something was definitely up. Surely it wasn’t just coincidence that the two wanted her presence during dinner. She arched a brow and crossed her arms at the two.

 

“What?” Both of them asked in sync.

 

“Whatever you two are up to, don’t even think about pushing it through or else I’m going to skin you alive,” Soomin threatened.

 

Sehun faked a gasp, “Whatever do you mean, noona? We just wanted to eat a nice dinner with you!”

 

“Really, Sehun? Really?” She rolled her eyes at the maknae.

 

“So is that a yes?” Sehun asked as Soomin lifted the logbook next to her, about to hit Sehun with it.

 

“You haven’t changed a tad bit, Soo,” Someone commented from behind the two boys that made Soomin freeze on her spot. That voice sounded so familiar to Soomin. Kai and Sehun exchanged smiles and stepped aside, revealing an old friend of theirs.

 

“Luhan?!” Soomin exclaimed, shocked.

 

“Hey, Soo,” He flashed her his dearest smile, the smile that Soomin missed a lot. It’s been five years since they last saw each other. Luhan had to leave after High School to help his mother run their business, which was in China. After that, they lost contact with each other since Luhan got way too busy, “Is that it? You’re just going to stand there?”

 

Soomin walked out from behind the counter and smiled warmly at Luhan. And just as he was falling for it, Soomin lifted the logbook and hit Luhan’s arm intensely, “That’s for ignoring my calls and messages, you ! You go missing for five years and walk in here like you did nothing! Shame on you!”

 

Luhan immediately stole the logbook from her hands, forcibly and dropped it on the floor. He placed both his hands on her shoulders, “I’m sorry okay? That was really awful of me to just leave you hanging like that, Soo. But I’m here now and I’m going to make it up to you, alright?”

 

Her heart went ballistic over the short contact his eyes made. Surely, it was because she had missed the guy. Out of all her guy friends, she was closest to Baekhyun the most but when he got too busy with everything, especially Heejin, Soomin wanted the presence of a caring guy that would protect her like he did, and that only guy who can do so, is Luhan. For years, while Baekhyun constantly failed Soomin by cancelling on her last minute, Luhan would be the fallback guy who’d clear up his schedule to comfort her, and by that, it meant seeing Soomin when Baekhyun can’t make it. There are times when even Baekhyun would immediately call Luhan the night before, to ask a favour from him, to go see Soomin because he won’t be able to make it. And up to this day, of course, Soomin is very thankful of all those times he saved her.

 

“You better.” Soomin threatened with a glare. It only made Luhan laugh and pull her into a tight hug.

 

“Luhan and Soomin sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-”

 

Before Kai and Sehun could even finish what they were singing, the store’s front door swung open and revealed a shocked Baekhyun and Heejin, “What’s going on here?”

 

“Hyung! Look who came back,” Kai exclaimed as Soomin and Luhan pulled away from the hug. Baekhyun was indeed astounded to see Luhan again. His face though, had no trace of happiness, or disappointment. He was just plain shocked. He didn’t move an inch and his mouth remained gaped.

 

“Hey man, how’s it going?” Luhan approached Baekhyun and gave him a man-hug, which Baekhyun just restlessly did, too. The Chinese guy averted his gaze to Heejin and smiled warmly, “And you must be this prick’s girlfriend?” He teased, earning a look from Baekhyun.

 

“I’m Heejin, it’s nice to meet you.” Heejin politely answered and offered a hand for Luhan to shake.

 

“I’m Luhan. Nice to meet you too,”

 

“Since when did you get back?” Baekhyun asked, finally sinking in his head that Luhan was indeed there. And for some unknown reasons, he was scared. No, he was threatened. Threatened because Luhan always seemed to be the better friend for Soomin. Luhan had always been seven steps ahead of Baekhyun. But then now thinking about it, why should he feel threatened? He won’t lose Soomin, right?

 

“Two days ago. I wanted to surprise everyone on Sunday at Joonmyeon’s place, but these two dorks found me at the mall this morning,” Luhan said pointing at the two mischievous guys behind Soomin.

 

“But hyung, you still surprised noona here,” Sehun said as he threw an arm around Soomin’s shoulder, “So technically, we did a good job, didn’t we?” He asked as Kai nodded in agreement and also threw an arm around Soomin.

 

“So that means we’re getting those new kicks you promised to buy for us since we did the deal and it was successful,” Kai grinned and high-fived Sehun, they sure are happy about getting a new pair of shoes each from their Chinese hyung.

 

“But the de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter