Chapter 03

Invisible [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two of them arrived at the Choi residence at exactly 5:30 in the afternoon because of traffic. Baekhyun parked the car across a modernized two-story house. Looking at it, the house would give people that intimidating feeling because the external colors were only in either black or white. The house was designed with class and elegance. And was done by none other than Soomin’s older brother, Minho, who is now handling his own architectural firm in the city.

 

“You know the drill, Soo. Just let him talk.” Baekhyun reminded as Soomin sighed. The he that her best friend was referring to is of course, Soomin’s father. Mr. Choi have always had a sharp tongue, especially when speaking to her youngest daughter and even though Soomin has learned to live with it, Baekhyun was sure that she takes every single word to heart.

 

The two of them went out the car and walked to the house. Ringing the doorbell, a maid came out to greet them warmly. After getting themselves inside the house, a woman in her mid-40’s ran towards them, “Soomin! Baekhyun!” It was Soomin’s mother.

 

“Eomma,” Soomin warmly accepted her mother’s hug.

 

“We didn’t expect you’d visit us,” Mrs. Choi said as she pulled away and then faced Baekhyun who was now smiling brightly at her, “Aww, Baekhyun, did you drive my baby here?” She gave him a hug too.

 

“Of course, eomma. Soo and I missed your kimchi spaghetti a lot since Kyungsoo wasn’t too nice lately to cook for us,” Baekhyun cutely pouted at the older lady.

 

“Then eat dinner here! I’ll cook a lot of food for you two!” The woman exclaimed with a giddy smile and Soomin faked a smile as she mentally cursed Baekhyun. How is she going to say no to her mother who was now running to the kitchen and calling out their maids to help her prepare dinner?

 

“Your mother is really the sweetest,” Baekhyun complimented.

 

“I wasn’t planning on staying for dinner Baek,” Soomin frowned.

 

“Soo, did you not see how happy your mom was to see you? Let’s stay for dinner, okay? Besides, I really missed her kimchi spaghetti,”

 

Soomin sighed and just when the two of them were about to walk to the couch and wait for dinner, a guy came running from the staircase, “Soo!!!” The older guy tackled Soomin, putting an arm over her shoulders and ruffling her hair.

 

“Yah! Oppa!” Soomin yelled as she elbowed her older brother’s stomach.

 

“Hi hyung,” Baekhyun greeted as Minho smiled and gave Baekhyun an encouraging tap on the shoulder.

 

“I see you still drive my baby sister here,” Minho told Baekhyun with a huge grin on his face. He received a death glare from Soomin who was now fixing her hair, “Aigoo, oppa really missed you so much, Soo,”

 

Soomin made a face at him. Her older brother, Minho, had always been really annoyingly sweet around her and really did look out for her like she was the most precious thing in the planet. Well, to Minho, she definitely was the most precious thing in the planet. Ever since they were young, he had always supported her through thick or thin. Minho is one of the few people who stood by Soomin’s side even when she felt like her life was going downward spiral. Also, Minho had always been the only guy who would defy his own father to protect his only sister.

 

“Let’s go to the back garden!” Minho dragged the two best friends with him and they both went to the garden outside. The fresh breeze brushed through them as they got out. The back of the house was facing the city and it had a nice view because the house was standing by the edge of the village they stayed in.

 

“I missed this place!” Baekhyun said as he raised both of his hands up to feel the air in his hands, “This feels really nice,”

 

“I’m glad you missed it unlike some grumpy young lady here,” Minho teased.

 

“Hey!” Soomin whacked her older brother’s arm and gave him a dirty look.

 

“Geez, I won’t be surprised if I’d be mistaken as a battered brother because of you,” The older guy pouted and rubbed his painful arms.

 

Suddenly a phone rang. It was Baekhyun’s. He pulled it out of his pocket and excused himself from the siblings, “Heejin,” And Baekhyun trailed off as two pairs of eyes followed his track. Soomin’s eyes sadly followed Baekhyun’s figure and Minho glanced back at his own sister only to see her sad eyes bore onto her best friend’s disappearing back.

 

“So,” Minho spoke making the younger lady to turn around and face the view of the city. He let out a breath as he looked at the view of the city too, both his hands inside the pocket of his shorts, “You still haven’t told him huh?”

 

Soomin rolled her eyes and sighed, “Baekhyun’s happy with Heejin,”

 

“How do you know that Ms. I-think-I-know-everything-but-I-really-don’t?”

 

“I’m his best friend. I know when he’s happy and when he’s not. I can read him even with closed eyes,” Soomin replied.

 

“You know for someone claiming to be his best friend, you sure do know less about him,” Minho was now making Soomin confused with his words, “Anyway, since you’re so tightlipped, let’s just talk about something else. How’s your career doing so far?”

 

Career? What career? She thought, “Same old,”

 

Minho hung an arm around his younger sister’s shoulders and brought her closer, “Just keep doing what you do. No regrets, remember?” No regrets. That was their motto. Soomin and Minho made a pact to always live with no regrets. Do things they love while they still can and be able to exist without regretting anything, without what ifs.

 

“No regrets.” She smiled back at him.

 

Minho was quiet for a moment until Soomin looked up at him and he spoke, “You know you won’t be able to keep up with our motto if you won’t tell Baekhyun,”

Before Soomin could even respond, someone beat her to it, “Tell me what?” It was Baekhyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter